(Open) Fields are a Canvas for Life
Belril Sylminar
Alchemist

Age: 22 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Tesability Offline
Change author:
MP: 360
Belril
Every day's a challenge
But I always seem to get through
"Out of the way, yes...that's also good for plants that are still dependent on some amount of sunlight, though?" Belril shook his head at that, a look of frustration showing on his face and a annoyed groan coming out of his throat. "Doesn't help that where I've been staying for the year isn't even any place above ground, so I can't even bring some of the more delicate plants inside and have them in like...a windowsill or something."

He didn't want to bring up that he didn't have a proper place to stay, or anything suggesting it, but his frustrations were beginning to rise. So much work, only for one season of Deepfrost to just about wipe everything out didn't appeal to him, not in the least.

He then blinked and thought about the times he went to Torchline, managing to find empty areas that he was able to grab decent soil from. "...it would take going through the portals to get back to Torchline, but I have learned, that while a wagon or something along those lines won't be able to go through, you can take with you anything you can carry. I might be able to set up another field somewhere in Torchline...just don't know where yet." He then looked up before continuing his musings by saying, "Might also be able to convince an old friend of mine in Halo to let me borrow some of the land she uses to feed the kids she cares for, while giving a portion of the crops grown to the place for using the land."
Each day's a balancing act
Of good and bad events
Henry Walker
Advisor

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
sacrifice what you are for what you can become
Henry paused to let Belril think out loud about the choices he had for his crops. All the while, he could only think of how, surely, he could invite the young boy to plant them on the farm. He seemed altruistic, though self-preserving. Belril couldn't be faulted for that, though; he didn't seem to have anyone to look out for him. Henry's brow furrowed. Couldn't he look out for him, even if just a little? Clearly, he needed someone like that.

Torchline was a far cry from the home Belril had made in the Hollowed Grounds and, there had to be a reason for that. Halo, even if he had connections there, would still be harsh and .. far worse than the Grounds for growing crops. There was probably no ideal place in Caido for a young boy to try to get on his feet. Just as there were people like Henry, offering to help and to befriend, there would also be people looking to take advantage or harm.

"Belril," he started, scanning the field once more before he met dark brown eyes once again, "If I extend you a place to grow your crops... would you accept it? I know you may not know me very well, so I can only imagine your hesitance but, I'd like to offer that as an option - for however long you need. If you can give some form of help or charity, whether it's just helping me with the sheep or giving us a bit of your crops, my parents would be more than happy to welcome you. The agricultural community here may be small but, we Walkers do our best to support it."
HENRY
Belril Sylminar
Alchemist

Age: 22 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Tesability Offline
Change author:
MP: 360
Belril
Every day's a challenge
But I always seem to get through
Belril fell silent upon being asked if he would like to borrow some of his family's land, really studying Henry now as he thought in his head. "...I also do a bit of my own alchemy, so if someone gets hurt, becomes ill in certain ways or overworks themselves, I might be able to help make them feel a fair bit better as well...doesn't always work, though...since I'm still learning."

More that I still don't have much strength in my magic, but not sharing that yet, he added in his head.

He then looked over towards the crops he had, glancing over them as a whole. "...I would feel better if this was ran by your family first before anything's done, I don't want to surprise them with such a transfer." He then looked towards Henry with a sheepish smile and added, "Though, if they are fine with it, I might not have to shrink the crops just to be able to carry and hide them, either. I would need about four times the space, though...and I have an idea for something temporary which could have the same effect as a greenhouse that could be taken down come Deepfrost's end."

Admittedly, the 'wild garden' that Belril had out here was a fairly decent size to begin with, hidden largely by the various wild grains and plants that were allowed to grow at the same time and in roughly the same spaces as the crops.
Each day's a balancing act
Of good and bad events
Henry Walker
Advisor

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
sacrifice what you are for what you can become
Henry's face lifted up in obvious interest at the mere mention of alchemy. Impressive, for someone so young to have any knowledge of that. With that, Belril could definitely offer some skills that were unique to others. That was probably how he managed on his own efficiently enough to stay afloat. Henry nodded, offering an understanding smile when Belril added that he was still learning, "Of course." He had spent much of his life well aware of his abilities, since he'd gotten them from his parents but, even so... he had much to learn.

His expression faltered when Belril expressed concern for running it by the rest of Henry's family. He wanted to reassure Belril that it was fine but, he knew that would not be convincing. Nothing other than the approval of the Walkers who owned the farm would assure the boy. "Alright," Henry let out a long, breathy sigh through his nostrils, relenting to that notion. Someday he would inherit the farm and he would be able to confidently share its bounties with others. For now, though, he did have to abide by the way his father wanted him to run it.

"If we put our heads together, we can come up with a solution for Deepfrost," he agreed enthusiastically, turning away from the crops but still facing Belril, "Well, I have to get going. Meet me back here tomorrow around the same time, and I promise you I'll return with good news. Okay? Stay safe out there, Belril." He smiled and reached out to gently touch the boy's shoulder in encouragement, knowing he was a bit jumpy about physical contact.

Without waiting for an answer, Henry walked forward a few feet. In a flash of feathers and wings, he was gone, taking to the air with a loud cry as if to say farewell.

FIN.
HENRY