Plot Advancing PQ truant hearts
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Age: 59 | Height: 4' 10'' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
When we can’t control fire,
we name it “wild”
Gritting her teeth at Remi's words, Alina shouted back. "Where? I don't see anyone but us." And that being who'd appeared on the cloud.

As the strange figure reached out for the Fae, she tensed. When she felt the healing pouring through her though, she sighed in relief. "Thank you," she told it and Ronin. Glancing down, she checked her leg wound, which was significantly improved. By the time she looked up, the healing being was gone.

Narrowing her eyes, she watched as the strange creature led them towards...a cave. Hesitating, she peered at the Dark Star when he spoke again. "What is Ama?" Lifting her voice again, she called out to Remi. "Let's regroup in the cave!" She urged Ronin onwards even as she tucked her wings in tight and clung to the nimbus.

Alina suggests they head into the cave. She stays on the cloud and keeps her wings tight. Her entire body except for her wings are covered in cloth and her eyes are covered by goggles.

Animals know to respect you. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, animals roll with disadvantage against you. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
when we can’t control God,
we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
the lullaby
walk me home in the dead of night
Come along you two! Remi snarls into the winds, begrudgingly including Jigano in his message to Sunjata. Streaking down and forward, the Qilin a shimmery and shining ornament of light, the manticore descends down toward the cave.

Because of the scenery his mind was currently showing him, the mouth of the cave looked like a snapping and snarling thing; to enter he'd have to time things perfectly right. And so, like a character contemplating a particularly difficult jump puzzle, the manticore bobs and weaves in the air, psyching himself up for what was sure to be a fairly difficult endeavour. Shooting forward, his addled mind forgetting to shift as he hits the mouth of the cave, the Lullaby will presumably find himself stuck there, wedged between the boulders. Ronin! It's the vines from the jungle again! They have me!

Remi doesn't shift as he tries to enter the mouth of the cave, presumably getting stuck, and telling Ronin that he's being trapped by vines.
because i can't be alone with all that's on my mind
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
Into the cave the three of you go.

Well, two and a half of you.

No hesitation, then; just straight in. A bold choice, though perhaps a wise one, for as they enter the cavern Ronin and Alina will feel a merciful respite from the wind. Not a total one - the light from the Dark Star illuminates some gaps in the structure, through which wind blows - but it's something. The qilin is nowhere to be found, though the tunnel does seem to stretch back, past where you can see.

Remi does, predictably, get caught in the entryway, between the jagged teeth. As he struggles to free himself (or not). The movement causes the cave to shudder, the ground beneath your feet shaking as the entryway begins to collapse on the Manticore, one sharp stone tearing into his wing. Stay in or get out fast: there won't be much of a choice soon.

Your randomly assigned order is: Ronin, Alina, Remi

Ronin is no longer suffering hallucinations!
The cave shifts around Remi, who is STUCK. He will suffer HALLUCINATIONS for one more rounds.

HP
Ronin: 284/297
Alina: 28/32
Remi: 539/585

Your visibility is currently 10 feet
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
They get to the cave, enshrouded by sweet darkness and out of the howl of the wind. And wouldn't you know it - Ronin actually feels a little better. A lot better, as the seconds tick by, and he rubs the sand from his eyes and smiles at Alina just as his husband slams into the entryway and gets stuck. "Uh oh," he mumbles, before Remi's words actually hit. Vines...?

Brow furrowing with concern, the Star hops off the nimbus and has to stagger a bit as the whole entrance starts to collapse. "Remi," he calls. "Remi, you need to shrink down. Then we'll be able to get out." And providing his husband is able to become man - or hawk - shaped, Ronin will try to do just that.

Hopping off the nimbus, Ronin tries to persuade Remi to shrink out of th entryway so they can make a run for it outside.
show me your darkness.
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Age: 59 | Height: 4' 10'' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
we name it “wild”
Thankfully, Ronin and Alina made it to the safety of the cave without much incident, providing them with temporary shelter from the storm. Even better, the Dark Star stopped his inane mutterings. Or possibly insane mutterings. "Are you feeling better?"

Then, of course, Remi slammed into the entrance, still as a manticore. Rolling her eyes at the performance, she glared at Ronin.  Heading towards the entrance, she jerked her chin at the Dark Star. "What he said." Resisting the urge to shove at the Lullaby, she braced herself to run back out into the storm. If Remi actually did, she'd try to leave the cave, keeping her wings tight to her body as she did.

If Remi shifts, Alina will try to exit the cave, keeping her wings tight to her body. Her entire body except for her wings are covered in cloth and her eyes are covered by goggles.

Animals know to respect you. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, animals roll with disadvantage against you. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
the lullaby
Despite the veins the alchemist is sure are wrapping around him, Ronin's light has always been a tether onto which he can easily grab. Just like when he was damned in the world of dreams, Remi reaches for his husband and does as he's told.

Well, sort of.

Shrinking down into the body of a hawk, Remi's manticore tail remains for a few seconds too long, making it impossible for the small bird to take flight. Trilling with bright anger, Remi lashes out with talons and his beak, thinking that his own appendage is some crusty serpent come to attack his husband.

Remi tries to do as he's told, shifting into his hawk form. His manticore tail doesn't shit right away, which Remi believes is now a snake come to attack him, so he wildly flails around with his talons and beak.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
In and out, just like that.

Alina darts out of the closing cave without any injury or event. If she turns back she will see that Remi and Ronin are on their way as well, though with far less poise. The manticore-turned-hawk flails at his own tail and manages to claw it severely, tearing through his own flesh with sharp talons. This makes it difficult for the Dark Star to get him through the closing jaws, with the end result being that both Taliesins are hit as the entrance snaps shut, Ronin down his back and Remi on aforementioned tail.

Now closed, the cave-which-isn't-a-cave begins to shift against the sand, and you can see that it extends further than you may have expected. Vertebrate click together in a horrible sound as the bone snake rears its skeletal head to the height of a building, empty eye sockets glaring with palpable rage.

Back the way you came, to the east, the storm continues to rage. Onward, to the west, it appears to be clearing - but going west means getting past the bone snake.

What will you do?

Your randomly assigned order is: Ronin, Alina, Remi

Remi is no longer suffering hallucinations!
Ronin tries to escape the cave succeeds, but is injured!
Alina tries to escape the cave and succeeds, unharmed!
Remi tries to escape the cave and succeeds, but is injured!

HP
Ronin: 268/297
Alina: 28/32
Remi: 494/585

Bone Snek: ???/???

Your visibility is currently 20 feet behind you, 50 feet ahead
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
With armfuls of hawk-manticore, it's no surprise that Ronin gets caught on the way out, and it's with a hissed curse (and an unhappy trill from Sugar, still in his hood), that he manages to get out. Hopefully his husband is fully shifted now, because Ronin has him cradled in one arm as he darts out onto the sand... right in time for the next horror to rear its skull at them.

"Are you fucking kidding me," he shouts into the sand, whistling for the nimbus and hopping onto it again, beckoning for Alina to do the same.

"We'll fly around the stupid thing," he mutters, not keen to engage with it, though obviously if he's forced to, it'll die. Again. Or... whatever. You ever seen anything like this before? he asks Remi.

Ronin hops on his nimbus and suggests they fly around the Bone Snek
show me your darkness.
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Change author:
we name it “wild”
They all got out of the cave more or less okay. Alina turned to watch Ronin and Remi, the latter of whom was in some weird partial shift. As the ground began to shake and move, she spun to face what they'd thought was a cave and was now turning into something very differently. "This is why I asked if you had a plan," she muttered.

Still, she hopped onto the numbus that the Dark Star summoned again. As she did, she tried to use her glamour to create the impression of running feet in the opposite direction in the hopes of confusing the bone snake into the exact location of the prey.

Alina gets onto the nimbus. As she does, she uses her glamour to make the sound of feet running away from the group in the hopes of confusing the bone snake. Her entire body except for her wings are covered in cloth and her eyes are covered by goggles.

Base Illusion: Can create minor sensory effects within a 5ft radius
Type: Grey | Rank: Basic

we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the lullaby
No, but then again, I'm not even really sure what I'm seeing. The alchemist replies, nestled as a hawk beneath Ronin's jacket. Without a mouth to answer Alina's comment or eyes that have the ability to roll, Remi is forced to share his thoughts with the Star alone. I didn't think I'd be saying so, so soon, but I miss having Amalia with us. At least the Shield understood that when it came to 'planning' for Star and Lullaby, there almost never was one.

I'll shift larger if things get more difficult as we go. Remi adds, that Ronin wouldn't have to worry about him should they encounter something in the heights of the dust storms.

Remi stays as a hawk inside Ronin's jacket, and prepares to shift into a manticore should they encounter anything else in the storm.

Change author:
Through empty yet glaring eyes the bone snake watches as everyone piles onto the nimbus. Meaning both that you can get away fast.... and that you're now all one convenient target.

Down comes the head of the snake, mouth open as the his of wind through a copse of dead trees leaves its fleshless throat. What you thought were the stones that lined the caves are very clearly fangs, wickedly sharp and easily as long as Alina is tall; they now close down with deadly force around-

-nothing. Ronin and his nimbus are swift and quick, dodging out of the way. The snake hurls itself into the ground, slithering down and out of sight as you fly into the fading storm. Ten feet, twenty, fifty, one hundred, and suddenly the storm is gone.

And you've made it across.

Congratulations! You made it through the dust storm to the other side! Since this area isn't technically open yet there will be no major change to the site (yet), but know you have been triumphant and rejoice in your success!