Training Don't Mind
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
and that the world is always our fault
when we did nothing, how did we do wrong?
Aurelia tried her hardest to maneuver out from under him but, he had her gripped in such a way that it was near impossible. She gave up with a heave and practically growled out between her teeth, "Rrgh!" She then propped her arms up against him, pushing against him as he leaned in. This time it was her skin that flushed red as she locked her eyes onto his roguish grin. It was only a few seconds later that she realized he was trying to help her out instead of keep her there. For some reason, that only frustrated her more.

"You're," she spoke between breaths, "So. Dead. Sunjata!"

With her leg still wrapped around his thigh, which was definitely an awkward position to remain in, and it was for far longer than she'd prefer, she attempted a move centered around that leg again. She pretended she was going for it with her elbow again but, at the last second, she extended her arm out and used it to shove his inner knee out. In the same motion, in order to further the strength behind her hand, she rolled. Then, she used both her hiked up leg and her hands to try to push her torso out from under him again. Hopefully, it would work better that way. At that point, all Aurelia could do was worry about getting out from beneath him.
and I've been thinking that when we thought
the world would break us, that we weren't wrong
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
i'm drowning in all these voices in the sea
and meeting all my vices in the ring
She growls her frustration between her teeth, and if he’s being honest? He knows what that’s like. She pushes against him as he leans in, her arms surprisingly strong against his warm, sweat-gleamed skin. It only adds to the smirk a bit more, her flushing and her frustration as she tries to get out of the hold he has her in. “You’re. So. Dead. Sunjata!” It brings a bark of laughter from him, a challenge in his steel gaze. “Am I really?” He replies as shes shifting again and he’s trying to readjust his position.

She pushes his knee out and he begins to lose his balance a bit more fully, releasing her as she rolls and shifts to get out from under him. And he removes his hold on her completely, pushing back until he’s sitting in the ring, his back resting against one of the poles that kept up the ropes. “Nice work.” He rumbles, flashing her a grin and an appreciative look. “I went easy on you, for the record.” He winks, lifting a hand to run through his tousled curls, trying to capture his breath again.
so step inside, i ain't afraid to bleed
there ain't a casket strong enough for me
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Aurelia
Aurelia's chest was heaving when she untangled herself from him, a determined scowl scrawling across the otherwise soft features of her face. At the same time, she felt him give. They both backed away until they were on opposite sides of the ring but, Aurelia was ready to go again. She slowly released her fists as she looked at him propped up against the pole. With a soft sigh, she leaned back against the ropes behind her, using her arms to steady herself. Her gaze lowerered and her mouth parted to allow more air in. The back of one of her hands came up to wipe the beads of sweat from her forehead.

Green eyes flashed up to Sunjata when he spoke up. He was grinning like a cat. Aurelia raised her eyebrows at his teasing comment. She clamped her jaw shut and narrowed her eyes at him for a moment. Then, she scoffed and gave him a crooked, knowing grin, "So did I."

Having caught her breath, she walked across to him with her arms crossed. She paused, hovering over him for a moment. There was a soft glare in her eyes. She muttered under her breath, "cocky bastard," then, she extended her gloved palm out to him and said, "Alright, come on. You owe me a drink before I go."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
He runs a hand through his hair, finally lifting his gaze to her. It had been a rather decent work out, evident in the way they’re both sweating – rogue pieces of hair sticking to their faces, sand sticking to other places from the floor of the boxing ring. But all he can do is flash her a humored grin as she narrows her eyes, then scoffs a moment later. “Sure you did.” He teases, but remains there in the sand as she walks over.

His gaze lifts to meet hers from where she hovers over him, considering a few things before her palm is offered out to him. “I heard that, you know.” He rumbles in response to being a ‘cocky bastard’, though nothing in his grin seems to suggest that he’s taken true offense to it.  “But fine, a drink it is.” Gods knew he could use one or two.

Raising his hand to meet hers, he grasps on gently – pulling himself up only part of the way before he shifts completely. Man becomes macaw in the blink of an eye, the hand held in hers shifting and melding away into navy feathers that slip out of her hand as he takes to the sky and flies out of the boxing ring toward the small makeshift kitchenette, where he lands on the inside and shifts into himself, already getting to work to grab a couple of glasses for them. “What kind of drink are you in the mood for?” He peers over a feathered, tattooed shoulder to scan her face.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
Aurelia was relaxed at that point, guard down and all. She was just starting to get the feelings she always did after a good spar. She felt energized, clear-headed, and ready to face anything. She already felt worlds better than she did earlier. He took her hand and she braced to help him up, expecting him to be a little heavy for her, so she really pulled him up.

But then, suddenly, he was not himself. His body morphed and shrunk, his skin and clothes disappearing and stark blue feathers taking their places. He was no longer a man but, a giant, purpleish-blue macaw with a huge beak. He took to the air, wing slipping through her fingers and flapping by her face.

And... well, she had been caught completely off-guard by that. She screamed. It was short and low-pitched so, perhaps more like a yell. His large wingbeats made her stagger backwards, instantly losing her balance and falling back into the sand. She stared after him as he flew across to the kitchen area, stunned.

Then, her expression of surprise, with its raised eyebrows and agape mouth, turned into one of anger. Her brows threaded together and she scowled at him, catching his gaze as he looked back over at her. "You-!" she grumbled unintelligibly to herself. As she glared at him, she couldn't help the chuckle that started. Laughing lightly and shaking her head, she said in response to his question, "I don't care, whatever you have, bird-brain." She got back to her feet and straightened out.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He pretends to be the picture-perfect image of innocence once he’s landed on the other side and shifted back into himself. Casting a glance over toward her with a brief gleam of humor hidden in the steel of his eyes, he waits for her to straighten out. “Another nickname?” He asks, shuffling through a few bottles now that he’s grabbed a couple glasses for them.

He settles on something smooth, not as strong as what Aurelia had drank the first time they’d met. This one almost seems warm, soft, sweet like a mead – perfect for Leafchange and the cool winds that encompass this time of year. He brings the bottle and the two glasses over toward the little seating area, sitting on the couch and pouring the glasses for the both of them before picking up his and cradling it for a moment in his hands.

Let me know what you think of this one.” He rumbles with a half-smirk before he takes a sip of it.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
Her quiet laughter faded as she got up. She wiped the sand from her pants before ducking out of the ring. "Another shift, another nickname," she retorted with a smirk, not looking at him as she loosened the straps on her gloves. Once off, she stretched and wiggled her fingers around to get used to the feeling. The gloves were placed in one of her pockets, to be adorned later when she would need them.

Sunjata made his way over to another room, obliging her rather sarcastic request for a drink. She made her way over and watched him pour their glasses with a golden liquid. She noted the difference between this drink and the one he'd given her last time. Picking up her glass after he'd chosen his, she brought it up to her nose and gave it a small sniff. It didn't smell near as strong as the last one did. She appreciated that, actually.

She gave it a try and raised her eyebrows. It had a strong alcohol flavor, which she wasn't sure she could ever get used to. But, it also had notes of honey in it that were very pleasant and kept her from making a sour face like she had with the last drink he'd given her.

"Hmm," she gave a nod of approval, looking at the glass thoughtfully, "This is kind of good, actually. Thank you." She found herself a seat off to his right, her glass still in hand. There was a pause from her as she looked his way, reminded of something, "You're a tough opponent, you know. I used to spar with my partner every morning. Well, I guess 'I' technically still do..." she took another sip of the drink, slightly annoyed. She gripped the glass a little tighter and looked away as she said, "but um- I missed it... so... thanks for that. I guess."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
You’re going to have to come up with a lot more, Aurelia.” He teases her lightly, taking the glasses and the bottle over to the seating area. But he takes a sip, settles back in the chair, watches her curiously for the reaction to the alcohol rather than the one they’d had when they met. Its far more favorable, and he makes a mental note of ensuring that he keeps a few of the sweeter drinks around, sure that she might appreciate it.

At her approval, he flashes an easy grin. “You’re welcome.” He puts it simply, taking another sip of the glass before cradling it in his lap, tilting his head toward her as she begins to speak. “Mm, my sparring partner just left.” He thinks of Ronin, how far the Dark Star had made it on the trip to get away from it all. “So thank you as well.” An easy snort leaves him before he places an arm on the back of the couch, props a leg up on the edge of the table in the center.

If you’re looking to hone up some skills, I might be around for more practice.” He casts his gaze back at her with a playful grin, a shrug of his shoulders. He’s a busy governor, after all (not really, not yet, anyway).
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
Aurelia glanced down as he relaxed, putting his leg up on the table and sinking further into his seat. She could not reflect that body language back at him, however. It was still difficult here, even given how much time she'd spent and the potential friends she had made. So she remained upright. One of her fingers softly tapped against the glass in her hand almost rhythmically.

She looked back up when he implied that he wouldn't mind sparring again. Aurelia only nodded absently in response, however, "Yeah.. I bet." If she was fully in the present moment, she probably would've rolled her eyes at his shit-eating grin. But she had a few questions in mind, ones that she'd been mulling over for a few days, that she thought he might answer.

"Sunjata," she started, hesitation in her words, "when I talked to you last time, you said that your old home didn't have magic of any kind, right? Then, how did you gain those abilities? Is everyone here capable of that?" That was how it worked in her old world, anyway. All you needed to do was learn it, although that was a hell of a lot easier said than done. She was curious to see if it was the same in Caido.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
She almost seems somewhat distant, his response not quite getting the reaction he half expects by now to get from her. But that’s fine – he doesn’t particularly mind, not as he’s sipping from his drink again and settling in, letting his heartbeat calm and his muscles relax. His gaze snaps to her face as she says his name, though, a bit of hesitation there that confuses him, makes him wonder if he’s done something wrong initially before she goes on.

The question is a loaded one and Sunjata tilts his head as he considers her for a moment. “So when we’re brought here, the Voice kind of… Puts us in a race that fits us best.” He lets that sink in for a moment, tongue running along his lower lip as he mulls over what to say next. “So when I arrived, I was Accepted just like I basically was in Korofi. I became Attuned a few seasons after arriving when I went to a shrine and asked Safrin to attune.” A fanged smile is sent her way. “All it took was a question.

Of course, he doesn’t know that she’s abandoned, and from where he’s sitting all he can tell is that she looks perfectly normal to him – guessing that she’s Accepted as well. But then again, he had thought that with Lusea as well until she started to use her magic, a surprise all the same.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
Aurelia took in the information. Her finger stopped tapping the glass and she took a prompt sip. It was smooth and warmed her center, bringing a small flush to the bottom of her cheeks with each sip. She leaned her elbow on the arm of the chair she was in. Her gaze wandered slowly to the ground and back up to Sunjata as he explained how he became an Attuned.

"Safrin- that's one of the gods, I'm assuming?" she raised her eyebrows in question, though they fell back down as he added that all it took was a question. His grin made her pause for a moment as she watched the cat-like teeth stick out from the rest. "How did you feel after you were... changed? Because I can't tell if I have any abilities. All I feel is weaker - a lot weaker - than I was before I came here. That spar was the first time I've felt sort of normal," she sighed, exasperated. Talking like this made her stressed out, if she was honest, if it wasn't already obvious. But, she needed to figure things out; had to traverse through this new world and find her place in it. She wasn't sure if she could, at times. "Not that I've tried to find out. I hope I'm nothing more than an Accepted... You can have all the magic," she offered a half-smile to emphasize her joke, though there was no real feeling behind it and it left her lips instantly.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
She’s the herald of Vi, the god of life.” He rumbles, considering his words carefully. “I’ve done quite a few things for her.” Rebuilt shrines, an entire temple, did whatever she’d asked and she had rewarded him immensely for it. But as Aurelia questions whether or not he had felt different, he bobs his head in a small nod. “She reached into me, straight through my chest and it felt like she was holding my soul. She changed it, changed me, and when she withdrew her hand I was a bird.” The very same that he’d shown to Aurelia when he had departed to get the drinks.

But he draws silent again, debating between adding more information for her when he notices the tone of her voice, the shift. His brows furrow and his playful smile drops immediately. His memory flickers through what she’d told him, of her past and what she’d dealt with, what she had become from there. And his leg drops from where it’s propped so he can lean forward, elbows sat on his knees as he turns his head toward her. “It feels different. Like… There’s this chamber or a well inside you. That’s how it feels for me.” He shrugs lightly. “The more time that goes on the more that chamber starts to sort of… disappear. The more my shifts change my mood or make me react differently.” He pauses to take a sip from his glass.

You could always ask a god too, I’m sure they’d know.” He was pretty certain he was Accepted when he’d arrived and nothing had happened, no shifts or magic, so it wasn’t all that surprising to him that he’d been able to attune. But that was different from Aurelia, that similar feeling of nothingness maybe a point to be made, but, it was hard to say how truthful it was without a definitive answer. But it still doesn’t help her downcast tone, her attempts at humor as it falls flat. “It’s okay if you do or you don’t.” It’s unclear if he means asking the gods or whether she has magic or shifts she doesn’t know about.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
Safrin, it was foreign to her. The name was smooth, still, and she made sure to remember it. The meaning behind it, 'life'. She nodded at Sunjata, quick to correct her mistake, "Herald. Got it. So like a messenger of the actual god. I take it you see them more often than the actual god," it wasn't so much a question as it was an assumption. She was doing her best to pick up on the facts of this region and world. She hated being so benighted, felt stupid for it even though she knew, deep down, that was not true. She was new, in every way, to this universe. Even with that thought in mind, it only made her feel that much smaller.

Aurelia didn't take his silence lightly, appreciating his notice of her change in demeanor- and his respect for it; the disappearance of his smile. These were not happy times for Aurelia, though she did appreciate his friendship in its entirety...

In truth, she didn't feel well emotionally. It was hard. It was all so hard. Sometimes she would collapse in her makeshift bed on the Ark and... just give in to it all. Only to rise the next morning as if none of it mattered. That way she could remain strong for the others, for the ones that looked on her and judged. Weakness was as weakness is, and she hated the feeling. So when her shoulders tensed, when her feet remained planted firmly, when her lips tightened in a frown, when her fingers bent against the palms of her hand (which was exactly what they did there in the Slagveld) it was her way of staying grounded.

Aurelia's sharpened green gaze shifted suddenly at his mention of an empty place inside, and it gradually dissipating with time. She scoffed, shaking her head, "Great... so then I'm probably not Accepted. I just wish I knew..."

And that was when he suggested asking a god. Aurelia's gaze considered him for a moment, while her mind toyed with his suggestion. She had no idea how that was supposed to go. Again, ignorant. She clenched her teeth for a second before releasing her mouth's grip, trying not to get angry. His next words, though, came as a bit of a comfort. Her hunched shoulders slouched back down and she met his steely gaze, letting out a sigh. "I hope so. How am I supposed to talk to a God, though? They'd take one look at me and laugh," she laughed lightly, nervously, gripping the glass a little tighter before she took a deep sip of it. "I don't know why the-the Voice brought me here. She's the one I'd want to see, of all the rest. But damn, is that scary... she could probably destroy me if she wanted to..."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
It’s rare to get a meeting with the Old Gods.” He agrees quietly – though silently thankful for it. He wouldn’t know where to even start, meeting someone with so much power. Safrin had bewildered him with her power, he can only imagine what Vi might be like. A question for Amalia, perhaps, if they ever got on good enough terms again. But that thought slips away in an instant as he focuses on her and the sudden shift.

He gets it. He does. He’d been in the same position, thrust into a world he knew nothing about – lower technology than he was used to, magic and all the bewilderment that sat within trying to pave a way through it. And he’d done it – started small, joined a group, made some friends, caused plenty of drama as time went on, but… He’d made it. He was the Governor now, after he’d spent much of the time after he’d arrived searching for the ocean. Now he had it. It was his. Entirely.

He hopes Aurelia might get a chance to have something of her own like he did.

How do you know you’re not?” He asks tentatively, noticing the way she clenches her hand into a fist, taking a moment to pause and draw silent while she questions things once more, his brows knitting together as he cocks his head to the side a bit. “Why would they laugh?” He pauses a moment, mulling it over. “They’re… Not out to get you and punish you. The first time I met Frey, my girlfriend at the time had passed out sick and I didn’t know what to do so I went and asked.” Shoulders rise and fall in a shrug. “And when I was… Having a bit of a crisis, that’s when I asked to Attune.” He pauses to chew on his lower lip while he considers her, looking away to give her some space to figure it out while he scans the room. “I met the Voice recently. I actually ended up taking her cure for the illness that plagued us last season. If anything, I haven’t seen what Safrin thinks of that yet.” He glances back to her with a small half-smile as if to say ‘see, it can’t be so bad’.