keep you like a vendetta
for Ianto
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
right now everything you want is wrong
& right now all your dreams are waking up
It's hard, to not have your feelings reciprocated, unhappily lodged into your heart though they might be. Remi well knows the boundaries that he'd created for himself, knows why they can't be crossed ever again with the fox, and so it is, without question, best that the emotions which tangle like weeds and ivy from the merchant are entirely platonic.

But Remi has always been a bit complicated when it comes to his emotions, hasn't he? And so he does his best to keep his feelings to himself, to swallow down the spires of loneliness that he knows from experience will shoot through him, to hide the blossoms of love that have somehow always remained in the tangled garden of his heart for the fox, to ignore the knowledge that it will be Ianto making his mark upon Mateo's life during this next season, and not Ronin.

Easily able to swallow down the pain, Remi looks up into the canopy of leaves as Ianto works on his hands. "Listen, I've let you sulk plenty of times. No one asked you to suddenly be reasonable about it all." The alchemist points out, lowering his eyes and offering the merchant one of what will soon be very rare smiles without Ronin around.
The Lullaby
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
IANTO
there's a bulletproof bond
Flicking his eyes up to meet Remi's, Ianto flashes the other man a crookedly golden grin, shrugging his shoulder. "That's a good point, I guess," he says, neatly tying off the bandages and making a mental note to hassle Remi to let him change them tomorrow. Then he steps back, straightening his shirt and collar. "In that case, let me allow you to sulk to your heart's content. Sometimes that's just what we need, you know?"

With a wink, the merchant promptly shrinks down, shifting into fluffy copper fur and black tipped ears. The fox shakes himself out and sneezes, as if his proximity to the ground has gotten something up his nose, before he bounds up the wagon's steps and into Remi's lap. He doesn't have to care about feelings or awkwardness in his form, burrowing against the alchemist and huffing out a warm breath against his shoulder.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
As Ianto rises and takes a step back, adjusting his shirt and collar, Remi thinks that perhaps his emotions did sink through and that the fox was about to make himself scarce. The alchemist wouldn't blame him, but selfishly, he did not want to be alone right now, even if he proved to be terrible company at present. So when instead Ianto shifted and sank down, sneezing adorably before leaping onto Remi's lap, it takes the alchemist a few seconds for his arms to encircle the tiny bundle of coppery warmth.

You're nearly as good as the tea. Remi thinks, tilting his head in toward Ianto's neck to properly snuggle the small creature. Gods if he wasn't relieved for his friend's ability to shift, and for the strange (and necessary) barrier it could create between them. He was relieved for the warmth of the rum the fox had put into his tea, too.

Thank you. Remi thinks at last, not quite able to work his fingers into the scruff of the fox's fur the way he wants to with his bandages, but making do as best he can. I'm sorry for how I was before. This...was not how I was expecting my afternoon to turn out. He adds, feeling both guilty and resolute.
The Lullaby
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
IANTO
there's a bulletproof bond
Ianto melts into the embrace, moulding himself against Remi with a snuffle against the fabric of a shirt and a huff of hot breath. The fluffy brush of his tail waggles even as it's trapped against the alchemist, and he lets out a whine of empathy for the other man's situation. You don't have to apologise, but I appreciate it. It must have been a shock, he murmurs, his accent lilting stronger through the Attuned bond. Ianto is more than content to sit and be held and to convey wordless comfort in a way that only an animal can.

It's much less awkward for him, too, after all. Indeed, he always finds himself much more at ease as a fox or a cardinal around Remi than as a man, but that's probably because of moments like this. I should have finished my tea first. It's going to go cold. He chuckles, golden eyes flashing to the steaming cup next to Remi.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
There probably should have been some predatory hunger awakened in the Lullaby, for having this morsel of a fox so vulnerable in his arms. But perhaps not unlike with Ronin, Ianto was safe (probably) from Remi's more animalistic instincts.

Winding his fingers into the fox's fur, Remi just lowers his forehead and bites down on all the words and feelings that flutter like rain behind his eyes. It's only the fox's unprompted mention of his tea that breaks the alchemist out of it; lifting his head and smirking at his friend, Remi reaches over for the teacup that the fox might lap at while remaining in his arms.

"You're a good friend Ianto." He murmurs softly, feeling almost guilty for having taken so long to properly say the words. The pair sit like that for who knows how long, only stirring once Mateo wakes up from his nap. It's strange for the two men to find a rhythm together, now that there is no Ronin swanning about the wagon, and for the rest of the afternoon Remi is fairly silent, speaking only to Mateo.

~FIN
The Lullaby