[seasonal event] my ghost
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RexannA
just how far would you go
when the drugs aren't hitting home?
It had been awhile since she’d gone to the Glade, only this time she came with a helpful purpose. Instead of going to the shrine to speak with Frey and instead of going to bathe in the Oasis with Alistair, Rexanna had chosen this mission to be gathering food for Longnight. She had come prepared with a makeshift backpack, filled with a few different cloths that could hold berries and other things she could find that weren’t poisonous, and inside it was her little gifted bundle from Remi in case she came across anyone she didn’t know.

She even had a little list she had written down of the things she needed, folded up and put into a pocket of her thick clothes. Her hair was down but braided in a kind of crown around her head, trying to conserve as much warmth as she could. She wore layers on layers as she walked through the snow, searching for any bushes that might have some berries that were edible. She wasn’t certain if things grew in snow or not, Halyven having only a few dustings once in a few years, hadn’t stopped the plants there from blooming.

But this was a different world, and she wasn’t sure what to expect. Sure she could go hunting, dry some meat and use that, but she wanted an easier task at first. Finding a few things she might be able to hold onto through Longnight. Perhaps even some snow moss for the floorboards of her house might be something she could find today too.

Phoebe
unwind my veins like rope.
a kaleidoscope, detach until we choke.

coding

Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
When you need some shelter from the rain, when you need a healer for your pain, I will be there time and time again
Fortunately for Rexanna, an experienced forager was out and about as well. Phoebe had ventured out, her cloak, mittens, and oversized hat donned to keep her warm. In the crook of her arm was her basket to carry whatever she managed to find. Winter berries, plant roots, winter sprouting leafy greens - there was plenty one could forage for in the cold months if one only knew what to look for! Usually she did these things on her own. Though she supposed she should ask Remi to come along sometime. He was an alchemist he probably knew even more safe things to forage for than her! But as she trekked through the snow in her boots, this was an afterthought. Next time.

Or perhaps this time. Was that one of the women who had helped her with her clinic?

Phoebe squinted to see the person ahead of her as she walked. That had to be the woman who spoke so...oddly...while helping her set up her shop. Rexanna she believed her name was. She had spoken in an odd manner but she had been very helpful and nice. Perhaps...perhaps she could be a friend! It would be good to have a friend in addition to Remi. That would be nice, she thought! "Rexanna?" she called out, waving and smiling to get the woman's attention. "May I join you?"
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
RexannA
Rexanna continued her search, seeking anything that might be useful for food and items she could use for the season. When suddenly, she looked down and noticed some of the snow moss. Putting her bag onto the ground, she scooped up a decent amount and shoved it into one of the compartments. When she stood, her name rang out in the woods with a friendly cheerful voice. Turning in a bit of surprise, she noticed Phoebe approaching with a smile and a wave. “Phoebe!” She cheered in her sultry voice, offering a bright smile to the woman.

Stepping to the side, she pushed some of the snow away with her feet to reveal more snow moss. “Yes of course! I’m searching for some food, snow moss, and whatever else I can find for Longnight. Fortunately, I found some moss here.” She gestured with a bundled hand to the moss below as she moved her bag to make room for Phoebe. “Are you here for similar reasons?” She questioned with a tilt of her head. Perhaps Phoebe might be there for gather for the season or perhaps she might have been on her way to Frey’s shrine as well? Did the girl know of the god?

Obviously, Rexanna couldn’t ask. She didn’t even know Frey’s name after all. All she knew was that she couldn’t speak normally, but despite the curse Frey had offered her a very important lesson that she had hoped she’d stuck to. Not to prove Frey wrong, but to prove to herself that she could stop trying to save everyone and simply live and enjoy herself. There was nothing wrong with that. So she waited for Phoebe’s response, a small soft smile crossing on her face.

coding

Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
phoebe
Sleep and I shall soothe you, calm you, and annoint you
It still took Phoebe a little off guard the way that Rexanna spoke. Even the most basic of phrases always sounded so…so…what was the word for it…sultry? Like she was trying to be flirtatious in a very heavy-handed way? Something like that. It was curious to her. Did she mean to do so or was it just how her voice was? ”Thank you!” she said brightly with a smile.

”For that and for anything I might find to keep my stores up.” she said with a grin. Long Night was important to prepare for but if she found a good healing herb here and there it certainly would not hurt! But the more Rexanna said, the more curious she became. Phoebe picked up some of the moss and carefully put it in her basket, trying to figure out the best way to ask. She didn’t want to offend her after all…perhaps that was the best way to begin! ”I am just curious…and I hope you don’t take offense at my question, I certainly don’t mean it…but do you always sound so…alluring when you speak? Do you mean to sound like that or is it just how your voice is?” she asked, sincerity of her own curious intent clear in her tone.

”Oh and thank you again for helping me with my clinic! I was such an overwhelmed mess that day.” she said with a light laugh at her own expense.

Rexanna
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
RexannA
The cheer Phoebe seemed to always carry in the air around her only added to Rexanna’s smile. She nodded to the explanation, gesturing to the rest of the area around them. “Let me know if I can help bring some back for you.” Her honeyed tone drifted to the girl as her own sapphire gaze flitted around to try and squint through the snow to see anything else that might be beneficial to both their causes. It wasn’t long before Phoebe posed a question to her that deep down Rexanna was wondering when someone would ask. Typically, she explained it far before now, if she knew them as a friend. Sometimes they were oblivious, like Melita, and had no idea she talked any differently than anyone else.

With a quiet laugh, she turned back to Phoebe with a bright ivory smile. “No offense taken.” She began, planting her hands in her pockets as she tried to figure out where to begin. “I, well, met a god within my first few weeks of being here. They took something dear from a friend of mine so I went back to try and see what I could do to help. They gave me some good life lessons and tampered with my voice for calling them there with such menial things.” She paused with a light, honeyed laugh. “So I can only talk like this for now until I fix it.” She ended, head tilting lightly as Phoebe mentioned her clinic.

It was my absolute pleasure.” She hummed, flashing a grin to the girl. “I imagine I might be spending a great deal there, it couldn’t hurt to get to know the owner!” She added with a small shrug like it was nothing – which to Rexanna it was just her good nature taking over and helping a fellow person. She’d do it for anyone who asked, but Phoebe seemed to need the help more. Plus, Remi and Melita had been there and it seemed to make the work move faster which in the end hardly felt like manual labor at all.

coding

Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
phoebe
Phoebe considered the other woman curiously. Met a god who took something from a friend...and then made her voice sound sultry for wasting their time. Hm. She was smart enough to put the puzzle pieces together, based on what she knew of the people here, and one diety in particular. "I see..." she said thoughtfully, with a tone one could imagine her using with a patient describing symptoms. "So you've met Frey as well...and you must be the woman Remi meant when he said someone tried to help him and had consequences for it." she said with a warm smile. "I have encountered Frey twice, myself...though somehow managed to do so without any real consequences." she said.

"Did they tell you how to fix it at least?" Phoebe asked. It was starting to bother her a little just how many people seemed to have consequences of varying degrees from Frey...except her. Why? Why had Frey only given her a task that logically she knew would help her grow as a person, and others had...punishments was the best word. What made her different? And why had she been one of the very few that they informed of their nature? Her mind couldn't understand why a diety of sexuality and passion had been so kind to a virgin, who knew nothing practically of the things they held dear.

"Spending a great deal there? Are you pregnant?" Phoebe asked, glancing down to watch her walk. You could tell if a woman was pregnant based on their gait if you knew what to look for.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
RexannA
As Phoebe spoke, she named the god that had put the curse on her. Her head shifted to the girl curiously as her smile slightly faltered. “Ah, yes, that was me.” She laughed with a nervous tilt. Though as the girl spoke of meeting Frey twice, her brows furrowed together in concern but it seemed Phoebe was fine. It intrigued her as to what Frey really wanted to get out of those that had encountered them. She didn’t really hate Frey per say, they had given her very helpful advice in a place that she really needed it. She just… didn’t know enough about them.

So her head tilted slightly as she looked to Phoebe with a chiming laugh. “They did.” She paused, wiggling her eyebrows with a humorous look. “They suggested finding pleasure to fix it – a similar deal to Remi’s. Though they were a bit more up front when telling me I might be interested in a threesome.” She purred before laughing at the fact. “Doesn’t seem too difficult to do in this town when you talk like this.” She added, gesturing with her hand to her face in reference to her voice.

However, her next set of words seemed to catch Phoebe off guard and the girl seemed almost confused. Her eyes cast down to her stomach as she asked and Rexanna shook her head no with another chiming laugh. “God’s no. Hopefully one day, though.” She offered Phoebe a roguish grin before looking back across the snow and moving to remove more snow and gather more of the moss. “Did Frey give you any kind of task? It seems they don’t take kindly to being called for menial things. Thought about inviting them to join the party for fixing my voice if they were interested.” She only half joked, tilting her head to look back at Phoebe with a charming smile.

coding

Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
phoebe
Phoebe smiled a little at her. "I offered to speak with Frey too, and I thought Remi was going to tie me to a chair so I couldn't he was so freaked out." she said with a light laugh. Though realistically, speaking with a sultry tone wasn't nearly as bad as what Remi had to deal with. Was it really a punishment or a way to help her get what Frey thought Rexanna needed? She was starting to get the distinct impression that Frey was trying to be helpful rather than smiting them...though Remi's situation didn't quite fit that norm.

The blonde's cheeks turned dark red at the mere mention of a threesome. "That does sound very much like Frey." she said. Very, very much like Frey. Her mind immediately went to Bastien when she said it wouldn't be hard to accomplish in this town. Her brow furrowed slightly. "Yeah, which makes it difficult for relationship oriented people like myself...but remember that Frey is just as interest in passion and true, deep emotion as they are the act itself. I am not sure that doing something just for the sake of lifting a curse of sorts would be enough." she said quietly, eyes scanning the ground for more things to forage.

Well she wasn't pregnant, and now Phoebe felt bad for asking. She only had because of the way she had phrased her previous statement, not because she thought she looked it. But she smiled a little when Rexanna admitted she wanted children someday. "I want children too...but I am admittedly sort of the traditional sort." she said.

Phoebe nodded when asked if she had a task. "Yes I do. And...I actually got a better sense of Frey and their intent than I think others have...as they told me." she said. "I'm a bit traditional as I said and a little...well applying what I know about sex for my profession to my personal life makes me very uncomfortable. The first time I encountered Frey I was terrified and they stopped someone from acting on their desires against me. So...I went back to the shrine with a gift to thank them and they appeared again...and they gave me the task to go out and have passionate sex with someone." she said, her cheeks turning red. "But that means I need to feel a true emotion too. Frey got frustrated because everyone thinks they only care about the physical, but it is much more than that. And more importantly it must be willing."

Phoebe looked at the ground, frowning a little. "Midwives advise people about their sexual lives on occasion and...well I've no real experience...and so far no one seems interested and I don't know how to make a man interested beyond a fling...and I just don't want that." She sighed and looked back at Rexanna with a sad smile. "Sorry...I got on a bit of a tangent there."
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
RexannA
A bright charm of a chuckle came from Rex as Phoebe spoke of the possibility of Remi tying her to a chair. She nodded slightly with a quiet honey dipped smile. “Oh yes, I’m certain he thought about it.” She purred to the girl with another amused laugh. But the girl spoke of Frey some more, and her mind filed it away for reference – to be able to actually name the god that had cursed her with a not-really curse. But she nodded to Phoebe when she spoke of relationship oriented people, and a small sad smile crossed her lips.

She stood to look at the girl again with a kind smile of someone that had experienced such things. “It’s not so bad to indulge now and then. Relationships aren’t all what they’re cracked up to be.” She offered as kindly as she could, but it still came out as a honey dipped purr. “If you enjoy it, why not? If you find that person that strikes your fancy and nothing of a relationship comes from it, it can still work out.” She offered with a pondering look upon her face. She thought of her hook up with Alistair and what they were and weren’t to one another. “Friends with benefits is a good way to put it.” She offered with a wink. “Something more could come later, you never know.

Before long, Phoebe had added that she, too, had wanted kids one day and how she was more traditional once again. Rexanna nodded, all to familiar with that sort of tradition. It was why she was married and told to have children as soon as possible – and she had almost succeeded. Almost, before her husband had lost his mind. But she listened, nonetheless, to the innocence and curiosities the girl had with a quiet smile along her face. Phoebe’s tale began to run into a bit of a sorrowful ending, and she reached up with a gloved hand to pat the girl’s shoulder if she’d let her – an almost motherly instinct with the confusion the girl must be feeling within.

She shook her head to Phoebe’s apology and offered her another smile. “Try not forcing anything. It’ll happen one way or another. Believe it or not, before and after so far of my voice being changed, I’ve only been with one man.” She hummed to her with a faint smirk and chuckle. “But we’ve established what we are to one another – We’re not really in a relationship, and we each can do what we want to without upsetting the other.” She shrugged her shoulders. “Friends with benefits… Friends first with the occasional romp in the sheets.” Her words were honey dipped as they left her lips.

Just try not to try so hard. Forcing things to work won’t make them work. Just as Frey said, they’re in it for the passion and if you’re so worried about finding a person to love would it really be love you feel or a desperate need to have sex with someone you think you love appease a god?” She cocked her head in a question as her gaze lingered on the woman’s face. “But… Take it from a woman who was married before – forcing things and arranging things won’t get Frey to see what you’ve done.” She added, reaching up with a pale hand to rub the side of her neck where Frey had removed her brand as she looked back around the snow covered world around them.

coding

Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
phoebe
Phoebe listened quietly as Rexanna spoke, taking in her words like sage advice. She was older, with more experience certainly than herself – or at least with more knowledge than she. She frowned a little as she considered what she said first. ”That’s just it…I don’t think anyone has ever just…’struck my fancy’. I’ve seen men I think are attractive but…I don’t think I have ever just felt…sexually attracted to a man just because. So…I don’t know maybe my head doesn’t work right but I think I need a bit more than just a strike of fancy to even want to have benefits.” she explained, her cheeks turning red to say it. Why was she telling her this? Perhaps she seemed safe. She did remind her of her sisters in a way after all. ”I do know relationships can be hard though…you don’t work in my profession and not see both the best and worst of what a marriage can be like.” Women fretting about keeping their husbands satisfied rather than healing their bodies in fear they would stray. Women coming in with bruises and sorry excuses. Phoebe knew they weren’t all sunshine and roses.

She sighed and nodded. ”That is what others have told me. But its hard…I just…want to be wanted. I want to have someone I can call mine who needs me.” she admitted quietly. A man she could care for. Children she could raise. It wasn’t really her fault that her biological clock was ticking at the speed of light in her brain. And caring for others was just in her nature. Brown eyes glanced up at Rex as she explained the…sort of relationship she was currently in. ”But what if you end up wanting more and they don’t want you back? Won’t that hurt? I…I don’t know if I could handle that sort of openness. Maybe I’m just selfish.” she said with a sigh. Phoebe paused and picked some edible plants as they passed them, offering half of what she had picked up to Rex.

Phoebe bit her lip as Rexanna threw her own advice back in her face. Would it really count if it was just to appease Frey? Would it really be affection and passion if it was only for a quest? ”I…suppose in some ways no. Part of me thinks Frey gave me this task so I would put myself out there and find what I want rather than waiting for someone to find me. I’m just no good at it I think.”
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
RexannA
A small, almost hinting toward sad, smile crossed Rexanna’s features when Phoebe spoke next. “It doesn’t have to be a physical attraction, perhaps you find the way their mind works to be sexy enough.” She offered as an alternative with a light shrug. But she understood – she had been young once and believed in love at first sight, had believed that whoever was attractive and found her attractive too would be a gift from the gods. He would treat her right, and she’d treat him right – but life was unpredictable and horrible at times and she had suffered for her naivety.

Yet, the woman nodded to the girl as she spoke of seeing the good and the bad, looking down and away from her as she remembered how good of a person her husband had been to the rest of the world – yet to her he was entirely different. Luckily for her, Phoebe shifted her conversation over to her own relationship and lack there of that she nodded to. “You’re still young, sweetheart. There’s time.” She said, her tone honey dipped but almost motherly in nature. But as Phoebe questioned if Alistair had wanted more and she didn’t, well. That was something she thought about the first time she brought up the idea of what they were to each other.

It’s all about understanding. Go in with low expectations and nobody can hurt you. It would hurt at first, but that just means it wasn’t meant to be.” She thought aloud, turning to look back at Phoebe with a quiet smile. “You put what you want on the table at the beginning so there’s nothing that can hurt you later on when it doesn’t work out.” She rolled her shoulders in a shrug, smiling gratefully at Phoebe as she handed her some plants while they walked by them. She stuffed them easily into one of her pockets of the pack she brought.

Perhaps you’re trying too hard? Just let things be, you won’t go crazy trying to find someone to spend the rest of your life with. They’ll find their way to you.” She purred to the girl, flashing a quiet knowing smile. “Frey didn’t curse you in any way like they did me – I wouldn’t think you’re on a time crunch, dear.” She added with a quiet laugh.

coding

Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
phoebe
Phoebe remained quiet while Rexanna spoke, her little frown seemingly permanently stuck on her face. It wasn’t that what she said didn’t make sense, she could follow her line of thinking with clear logic. But the problem was she didn’t want to wait. She wanted to be with someone. Not even necessarily in a sexual way – though that was part of it – but just to not be so…alone. That was really it. She didn’t want to be alone. Perhaps that was the more important thing to say.

”I understand.” she said quietly with a sigh. ”I am just…I am tired of being alone.” she muttered quietly, not sure if it would actually resonate with Rexanna or not. But Phoebe really was alone a lot. She lived alone. As of late she worked alone. She had to go fetch firewood and other necessities alone. She woke up alone and went to bed alone, and all her meals she ate alone. Loneliness was pervasive, even if everyone thought she was too young or too bright to be consumed by it.

She sighed and forced a smile onto her face then. ”Enough of that though, I am terribly depressing company aren’t I?” she said with a light laugh at her own expense. ”Have you met any of the other gods or goddesses? I have heard of one called Safrin, though from a very self-righteous man.” she said with a little wrinkle of her nose. ”He sort of makes me want to start a church to Frey simply to spite him.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
RexannA
When Phoebe spoke, Rexanna nodded – reaching out to place a caring touch on the girl’s shoulder should she let her. She could understand too, that perhaps deep down the girl Rexanna had once been wanted the same. Before she was corrupted, before she had been used and discarded – a pawn hidden in a decades long game and being none the wiser. She offered her a quiet smile and a nod, attempting to show Phoebe that she could relate but without saying anything else that would return the conversation to her. She’d let the girl vent her worries – it was the least she could do.

But she sighed and forced a smile to her face, shifting the conversation and blaming herself. To which Rexanna shook her head no to the girl and laughed a smidge awkwardly. “Everyone needs to vent now and then, sweetheart.” She hummed to Phoebe, tapping along her backpack with a nod as if she were reinforcing what she was saying before. Yet when she asked if Rex had met any other gods, she shook her head no, but audibly laughed aloud when she spoke of Bastien.

Bastien.” Her voice purred in a lovingly way on his name. “He’d dedicated. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t appreciate a man like that.” She said, turning to look to Phoebe with a playful gleam in her eye. “And appreciate other things.” She added with a quiet laugh at the commentary. “Though I’d be curious to see what Frey would think of a church in their name. I imagine it would be similar to how Bastien views his church – though it seems as though Frey is aware of his church.” She pondered thoughtfully. “I went to his masquerade and partook in a very good time. I have this feeling that Frey had something there to help.” She added, glancing sidelong to Phoebe to see what she might think.

coding

Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
phoebe
Phoebe looked at Rexanna and smiled when she placed her hand on her shoulder. She really was quite kind to stick around and listen to her whine. "I suppose that is true." she said with a grin. "Though I most definitely owe you a venting session now. My door is always open as you know." she said. Between her and Remi, Phoebe had a feeling she owed lots of free vent sessions. Though, she wouldn't have minded one bit, even if she didn't owe them. Remi was her friend and she could easily see Rexanna becoming her friend as well - she was willing to do whatever she could to make the lives of her friends better.

The blonde did raise a brow when Rexanna expressed that she liked Bastien. "I can't stand him. She admitted with a little grumble. The man really did have a way of getting under her skin. The fact that he had held some sort of 'masquerade' sex-party did not surprise her in the least, but her cheeks did redden a bit when Rexanna spoke of it. And she thought Frey had been there? "That doesn't surprise me. I tried to tell Bastien that he was worshipping a goddess without knowing what she wanted. Of course his actions called Frey, who represents passion." she said, speaking in a way that was almost scholarly.

"I actually think Frey might appreciate a church for them...a place where people not only can worship, but a place where those running it actually clarify what they are about." she said, looking up at the sky almost in contemplation. "When I saw them last, Frey made clear they were frustrated that everyone kept thinking they were only interested in sex, and to a point that consent was irrelevant. I mean...I can't blame people. I thought that too. For Frey, it is more about the full experience... and frankly I think they would even be pleased if only sensual acts were performed in their name for worship...though I think we both know their real preference." she said, blushing again. "I don't think that is a lesson that even Bastien understands. Though, given that he worships a goddess based solely on the fact that she is pretty is rather telling of his priorities...which is certainly not making sure those who follow his church are safe in the long run." she said with a little frown.

"But I keep thinking about that. Frey didn't tell you much about themselves it seems. They didn't say much to Remi either, nor did they the first time I encountered them with others. But when it was just me...they opened up in a way. Why?" Phoebe asked, looking over at Rexanna again. "Why tell me, a virgin with no real world experience, about themselves? Why not you or Remi or someone who actually has experience? Certainly it wasn't an accident. I mean...part of my work is consulting women on their sexual habits and lives...though at the moment everything I have to say is purely academic." she said, thinking out loud. She shook her head. It was too much to try and think about all at once. Phoebe looked back at Rexanna and smiled a little. "I am glad you had a good time at his party though. I suppose to most he is charming."