[seasonal event] my ghost
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RexannA
just how far would you go
when the drugs aren't hitting home?
I’ll be sure to drop by.” Rexanna hummed with a light smile and a nod. It couldn’t hurt to have female friends, right? Someone to rant to men about – though she supposed Remi would be a good option for that too. Perhaps the three of them would be able to get together sometime with a good bottle of wine and just rant. That was for another time, however, as Phoebe and her were on a task to gather things and she needed to at least focus a bit.

But as she spoke of Bastien, Rexanna’s own head tilted and the gears in her mind started swirling. Giving Phoebe a small smile and a huff of a laugh, her shoulders rolled in a shrug under her furs. “People will worship however they want. Be lucky he’s not like some from my home that would sacrifice people.” She added with a glance sent in her direction. Yet she began to speak of Frey and what they were really like, and Rexanna paid it quite a good deal of attention before it slipped back into being about Bastien.

So she really didn’t like the man. Rexanna snorted in a quiet laugh at the idea – having found Bastien charming and dramatic and entertaining in quite a few different ways. “May I be honest with you?” She questioned, pausing to stop in step and look upon the young woman. “We’re all from different places, and Bastien is from one of those places I didn’t know existed. People will do things differently and how they deem it fit. If Frey managed to influence his masquerade, I imagine if Safrin found his church to be against her ideals, wouldn’t she have appeared to him before and told him?” She pondered thoughtfully, her voice never losing it’s sultry purr. “And how has he made it not safe?” She asked, honestly curious as to what kind of idea Phoebe had about the church.

Her experience at the masquerade was nothing but hospitable. He hadn’t forced anyone to follow into the back room – only those who wished to went, everyone else had the ability to enjoy the bar at the front and chat. There was nothing that screamed that Bastien was a bad man for trying to worship the best way he knew how. In fact, Rexanna had participated in the back room solely for the fact of trying to worship Frey in the way she knew how. What made it different?

Though Phoebe now began to speak of how Frey had reacted to Remi and her, and Rexanna laughed quietly in response with another roll of her shoulders – beginning to trudge through the snow again. “Perhaps it’s because you asked them what they wanted. Remi and I had offended them when we first met – the second time I had met them I was being self destructive in trying to help Remi and atone for my past sins.” She pondered, her hand tapping on her chin thoughtfully. “You have no prior experience, and maybe Frey simply wanted to help you figure yourself out. You can learn a lot about yourself in that regard.” She added, turning to Phoebe with a knowing glance.

Bastien’s party, however, was a great time. Nobody was forced into anything, it was all free will. Everyone who came knew what his church was about, it wasn’t a surprise.” She added, her gaze turning a bit more contemplative again. “Despite what you think of him, Bastien is a good man. But he’s the kind of man that knows what he wants and goes and gets it; there’s nothing wrong with that. He’s entertaining and contemplative with people.” She began, another tangent to expand upon. “But that doesn’t mean you have to like him. But I don’t find him to be the monster it seems you’re portraying him as.” Her gaze narrowed slightly on Phoebe as she focused in on the girl.

I’ll be honest with you; I was beaten and branded by my ex-husband before I escaped him. I watched my kingdom burn to the ground while I fled and did nothing to help my fellow people. Frey took the brand away, showed me that I could be my own person and I didn’t need to harm myself protecting others. It was a lesson I needed desperately. But Bastien, he’s accommodating and kind enough, but he's cultured differently than we. I am cultured differently than you. We all came from different places – we’ve all done things differently, but is it possible that you both are just too stubborn to see the other side? To talk it through?” She finally said, that hum in her voice making it seem like a less serious conversation than they were having. She then planted her hands in her pockets to keep them warm while she looked to Phoebe to see what kind of response she’d receive.
unwind my veins like rope.
a kaleidoscope, detach until we choke.

coding

Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
phoebe
Sleep and I shall soothe you, calm you, and annoint you
Phoebe listened quietly as Rexanna spoke. She may have felt like a chastised child were it not for the sultry tone of her voice. Regardless, she could tell that what she was saying was intended to be serious and she treated it as such. "I just worry it isn't safe because he doesn't know what this goddess wants, and that in acting without knowing he is putting everyone he follows at risk. And...he speaks with such conviction...I also worry that perhaps some will be convinced to follow his lead only because they think he knows what he is doing, not because they actually want to. And that just seems...manipulative to me." she said and frowned. "I tried to explain that but he just yelled at me in a language I don't understand." she said with a sigh.

"But if you like him...well I am glad someone can find redeeming qualities in him I suppose. I wouldn't ever tell you to not like him just because I don't." she said with a light shrug. "But as you said, I don't have to like him. And I don't. So...I hope you can be okay with that because I do like you." she said with a smile up at Rexanna. She was bold and strong and smart and pretty, what was there to not like? Many of her traits Phoebe actually wished she had. She hoped that her dislike of Bastien wouldn't come between them...though it would give her one more reason to dislike him.

Then Rexanna began to speak about her past and Phoebe looked at her sympathetically. But she didn't reply right away. She caught sight of a plant she knew had edible roots and kneeled down and carefully began to dig it out. Her expression was contemplative. Finally, once she had the roots she stood and gave half to Rexanna. "Part of why I do not like Bastien is that something in his attitude towards me reminds me of the men who treated their wives like that." she said quietly, brows furrowed. "Women who worried if they would deliver healthy babies because of mistreatment. Women who worried they would wander because they needed time to heal. I've hear enough stories to be wary of certain personality traits. You might disagree that Bastien has them, but I saw them. Take that as you will." she said with a little sigh, looking in her basket at all of the food they had managed to forage. Despite the hard conversation they had found a lot.

"I hope we can agree to disagree on the matter of Bastien?" she asked hopefully.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RexannA
just how far would you go
when the drugs aren't hitting home?
She nodded to Phoebe while she spoke – not entirely trying to change the girls mind but rather open it a bit. She didn’t think Bastien was like how she described, even after she mentioned he had a short temper with her. But she also didn’t think that people were as naïve as she pegged them to be. The gods here were tangible, and if anyone had any questions about Safrin she was certain Bastien wouldn’t stop them from seeking her out on their own. Yet she really hadn’t talked to anyone else about the church much, just the direct source – Bastien.

Regardless, she offered a brilliant smile to the girl as she spoke of hoping that it wouldn’t come between them and that she liked her. “Certainly not.” She offered kindly, though knowing deep down that if it became a truly large issue that’s when it would cause problems between them. But she considered Phoebe a friend – not quite a great one yet, but one that she could possibly one day talk to about girl issues. There was nothing wrong with having a lot of male friends, it seemed to be a general thing with Rex to have that happen. But sometimes sitting and chatting with another woman made things so much easier.

She watched, then, as Phoebe bent down to retrieve a plant that she had spotted and watched her dig it out. She didn’t think the girl needed help with it – the plant wasn’t giant of all things, but she would be there in case she did need help. But Phoebe continued to speak, and she nodded her head along, attempting to not say more on the matter to continue the conversation. It would just continue to in circles with neither girl changing their mind about the church leader, and if Rexanna was being honest it sounded exhausting.

But Phoebe asked her hopefully that they could agree to disagree and she nodded in return, patting her mostly full backpack of snow moss and edible foods that she could store for the Longnight that was coming. “Yes.” She agreed in her sultry purr. “Oh, and if you do meet anyone and want some womanly advice, I live close to your shop. Just stop by sometime?” She tilted her head with her sweet smile to the girl. “I’ll walk back with you to the Settlement.” She offered, gesturing with her hand back the way they’d come.
unwind my veins like rope.
a kaleidoscope, detach until we choke.

coding