the stones themselves
building altar in Citadel for RQ
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Morgan
the glacier
I'm king of the land,
I'm a ruler of seas
Their tasks for Frey were almost complete, the plan coming together to protect the Citadel in the Deepfrost. At first, Morgan had doubted they would be able to finish all that was needed in time; that it looked now like they would make it she had an extra spring in her step, determination in her eyes. Her people had proven themselves again and again, and this would be no different.

She had thought for a long while about what materials would be used for the altar in the centre of the Citadel. Non-flammable, the rules had been, which was fine: it was always going to be stone, with the constant snow and rain making it difficult for anything less sturdy to stand within Halo. Knowing that Frey valued aesthetics and wanting it to look as if she had put her best effort into the altar, she had commissioned a local stone smith to create a statue for the top; currently it was wrapped in a sheet, leaning to the side.

Bricks were around to be built up too, the foundations ready. All she needed was the builders.

--
Work with Morgan to build a non-flammable Altar in the centre of the Citadel!
Halovians only, please!
This isn't a PQ, so it will be quite short.

Treasures and crowns wouldn't mean a thing
If I only had a heart
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
NERON
the hailstorm
Neron, believe it or not, has proven himself quite the builder in the past. The Hailstorm has helped to construct the city gates without too much trouble, so an altar like this shouldn't pose much of a problem, right? At least there's no risk of dropping heavy stones on people's heads with something like this. So he arrives promptly to where Morgan has set out all the materials, his hands buried in the pockets of his black coat, his fair hair a shock of colour against his otherwise muted figure.

"I heard you required muscle," he drawls to Morgan, a smile creeping across his lips. He tips her a wink meant for Warden's eyes only; they both know that the Ascended is no one's definition of brawny, but he's here nonetheless. Because she asked him.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Loren had returned from the Hollowed Ground as promised. Although he hadn't had a chance to catch up with either Neron or Morgan (the healer was dreading both meetings for very different reasons) the Firebrand wouldn't miss out on building an altar for Frey. So when he'd heard the summons about the Council business, he'd shown up.

Right on the heels of his older brother's quip, the healer added, "I heard you required brains. Too bad neither of us have that." Muscles, at least, he had. Inclining his head to the Warden, he flashed the Hailstorm a quick smile, though Loren looked down and away as he did, tucking a strand of hair behind his ear. Glancing over at the materials, he waited patiently for further instructions.
look at how a single candle can both
defy and define the darkness
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Morgan
the glacier
I'm king of the land,
I'm a ruler of seas
Morgan laughed quietly at the duo act the brothers provided as they walked up, giving Neron a smile that was perhaps a little fonder than the one she gave Loren, but it would be barely noticeable to anyone not looking for it. "All I need you to do is listen and lift." She reassured, going to the first pile of supplies, a series of rough-made bricks. "The plan that we drew up has a base made of these."

On the ground before them there was a square of the bricks already made. "We build this up to about three feet, then within here the designer had the idea to place some treasures." Personally, she half-felt it was a waste, but Morgan had never been a particularly devout follower of the Gods, and she didn't know well enough if Frey would care to deny it. "Those I will place myself, because we aren't displaying them out here on the street, for obvious reasons."

Instructions given, she went to lift a brick herself and take it over, beginning to construct a small cube in an interlocking pattern. "It is looking like we will have this project completed in time for Deepfrost. It will be good to have the Citadel a reasonable temperature, don't you agree?"
If I only had a heart
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NERON
the hailstorm
Neron turns and raises a brow at the sight of his twin, a fanged grin flashing across his face for a moment before he glances back to Morgan to await her instructions. As subtle as the Warden is, Neron has no doubt that Loren will realise within seconds that something has changed with their interactions, so he doesn't bother to try and hide it. Instead, he listens and nods his agreement, stepping over to grab another of the bricks.

"If only we had brains enough to levitate these, eh?" he remarks, knowing at least one of them has the ability. Then again, the bricks aren't exactly impossible to move, so he moves to interlock them with the others on the base. "The cold didn't bother me even when I wasn't Ascended, but I daresay the rest of the Citadel will thank you for this. What kind of treasures are you putting into the altar?"
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
LOREN
Loren did indeed look between Morgan and Neron, eyes narrowing. However, the healer didn't comment on it, instead just nodding at the plan. Grinning at his brother, the Firebrand waved a hand. "You're right, it is too bad." With that, his own recently increased telekinesis unfolded, picking up bricks and stacking them. And if he made a point to do it faster and more securely than the Hailstorm, well, no one should be all that surprised.

Pointing at Neron, Loren let out a huff of laughter. "What he said. I agree." Eyes crinkling, he nudged his brother with a shoulder. "Hell must be freezing over and our ancestors rolling over in their graves." Glancing over at the altar, the healer added, "Speaking of family, how's your son?"
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
Morgan
the glacier
I'm king of the land,
I'm a ruler of seas
Not noticing Loren picking up on anything (Morgan had never had siblings herself, so perhaps she was missing knowledge on what kind of connection the two might have), she got to work along with the two of them, enjoying the simple task of stacking the bricks; sometimes, it was nice to simply work with her hands and not have to think all that much.

"That's a secret." She answered Neron's question about the treasure, looking over her shoulder with a flat look. "I'm not telling anybody. I don't want any rumours about what's in there." Not that Morgan thought the twins were going to spread them, but there was no way to know who was overhearing them. She continued to work on the more mundane tasks of the altar, stacking up the last of the bricks then beginning to lay cement around the edges.

Loren's question directed at Neron certainly raised her eyebrows, but Morgan knew when to keep her mouth shut and wait to see what happened. Whatever this was about, it was Neron's business and not hers; she walked away a distance to take the bag of treasures from the courier that had arrived.
If I only had a heart
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
NERON
the hailstorm
It's a comfortable sort of fuckery, Neron thinks as he stacks bricks and his brother jostles him and levitates them (and is predictably annoying about it). Petulantly - of course - he reaches out to push one of the bricks off the altar that Loren's magic has just placed. "Oops," he says obviously, shooting a mischievous look at the Firebrand.

Holding up his hands at hearing that the treasures will be a very well kept secret, Neron flashes a fanged grin at the Warden. "Alright, alright. Be warned though - if people don't know, they'll just make up their own rumours." And that can sometimes be worse.

It's as he's on his way with another interlocking brick that Loren brings up Jace, and Neron drops it abruptly. It thuds onto the toe of his boot, causing quite the underwhelming reaction from the Ascended. "Zariah's son," he corrects softly, almost dangerously, "was sacrified to the Eirachi. You know that."
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Narrowing his eyes at Neron's antics, Loren's lips twitched. When the older twin went to place the next brick, the younger brother slid the one just under it out of place with telekinesis. "My bad," he drawled, before repairing the hole the Hailstorm had made and adding more bricks until the altar reached three feet.

On the heels of the elder twin's words, the Firebrand added, "Just tell them that it's seeds that can't be grown in Halo." Boring, but totally in line with Frey's nature aspect.

Ignoring the threat in Neron's voice, Loren poked his brother in the chest. "And then someone claiming to be Jace returned to the Citadel." The healer shrugged. "Someone's gotta check in on him, if only to ensure he's not here to cause more mischief on the Eirachi's behalf. It sure as hell isn't going to be me."

More softly, the healer added, "I know he looks older, now, but he's just a kid." Meeting the Hailstorm's gaze, the Firebrand crossed his arms.
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
Morgan
the glacier
I'm king of the land,
I'm a ruler of seas
Once all the bricks were placed (and done being levitated - Gods, she'd have to remember not to let siblings work on something together again), Morgan took the treasures from the courier at the side of the square, taking them out of the bag once her hands were in the altar itself and laying them gently down. A golden cup, a silver sword, several smaller trinkets representing parts of Halo and it's major exports, characteristics; things that held little value to the Warden who had never been one for material wealth, but they represented something larger.

When the treasure was inside there was little left to do. A larger slab placed on top and the sculpture over that, everything stuck down then left to dry while the weather was acceptable. Loren and Neron continued to speak and while she'd definitely have to ask Neron about it later, Morgan knew when to keep out of things.

{FIN}
If I only had a heart