got a black magic woman
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 62 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
he said "i bet you don't remember me"
'I wonder if anyone has ever built up an immunity to this sap. Or at least a resistance to it." Remi muses as the pair stroll through paths lit by dappled sunlight. It's a beautiful day to try and antagonize a sentient and angry tree into giving up her sap. Through the attuned bond, Ronin will see fingertips adjusting someone's collar, and sliding a bit of sap against the unsuspecting victim's neck. It was far more Young-Adult style imagery than the alchemist normally tended toward (his brand of violence being quite upfront), but the carefree days spent with Ronin and Mateo had made the alchemist almost silly in how carefree he'd become.

"On second thought, it seems like a very Zariah thing to do." Remi adds, kicking a pinecone into the underbrush.
THE ALCHEMIST
and i said, "only every other memory".
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
there is always hope
"It does sound like a very Zariah thing to do. I wonder if anyone has ever gotten addicted to it?" In Ronin's experience, people could turn damn near anything into a drug if they tried hard enough. He follows after Remi through the undergrowth, stretching his arms above his head and savouring the crisp feel to the air, the way the sun dapples his skin. The pinecone goes tumbling into the undergrowth and the Star picks up his faith enough that he can sling his arm lazily about Remi's shoulders.

The alchemist is more carefree lately, and Ronin is here for it. "If only I had kept up shooting arrows, huh? Could have tipped them with the sap, and made everyone hallucinate." He sighs, like he's lamenting it - discounting, of course, the fact that the person would also have a fucking arrow embedded in them.

"Last time I was doing this, I was out here with Jigano. I can't even remember why he wanted the sap," he confesses.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"I would think so. At least until you stop knowing what's real and what isn't." Of all the things Remi wished he'd kept when he made his forced exodus from the Grounds, it was the pendant that let him see through illusions.

"Ooooh." Turning his head toward his husband, sinking into the warmth of his body as they easily walked in stride, the alchemist grins impishly. "There's still time. Perhaps Vai can give you some lessons." He teases. Or, perhaps they could bring some sap back for the witch and let her take on the aesthetic of it herself.

The mention of Jigano stokes some latent and long-forgotten anger, but Remi quickly diffuses it with a shrug. "Oh who knows. Some praiseworthy reason, I expect." Spying the Wicker Woman ahead, the Lullaby falls to a halt and considers it for a moment. "I can be the bait, if you like." He offers.
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
there is always hope
Ronin snorts at that, shaking his head; when you can shoot stars from your palms, arrows fall a little flat. "We'll leave the shooting to Vai, she's had a lot more practice than eye have." And while he doesn't say it, he's got the same idea - the witch could probably use the sap in more than just weaponry, given her experiments with medicines and tinctures. Scoffing at the other man's response to the mention of Jigano, Ronin slows to a stop when the Wicker Woman comes into view.

Gnarled and twisted around neighbouring trees, such that they are left dying and dried out in its grasp, the tree is quite the formidable looking thing. And, Ronin thinks, it still doesn't stand a chance against the two of them. "Do you want to be bait?" he asks Remi, a smile spreading across his face. "I can always use my projection, so the choice is yours."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Flashing his husband a weary look, the Lullaby folds his arms across his chest and fixes the Star with a stare. "You know, just because you can be in 18 places at once and can shoot stars and floods and things, doesn't mean we can't still have fun." He protests, jogging a few steps forward that he might catch the tree's attention.

Catch it he does, and soon it's swaying knotty limbs in his direction, which he deftly evades before spinning around and giving Ronin a triumphant look. "See? I don't need your—" wuymphhh. The tree smacks Remi clean across the back of the head, leaving the alchemist glaring and choking on his words. "That doesn't count." He grumbles, rubbing at the goose-egg forming in his curls.
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
there is always hope
"I never said we couldn't have fun," Ronin says with a chuckle, releasing the alchemist and stepping back to watch him approach the tree, arms folding across his chest. He expects to be thoroughly shown up, and at first it goes rather well, up until... well. It doesn't. And he can't help but cackle as Remi is walloped on the back of the head, nearly doubling over with the force of it. "I think-- she likes you...!" He wheezes, forcing himself to straighten up.

Taking a knife and a small, empty vial from his pockets and his belt, Ronin indeed lets Remi get on with it, ducking and weaving to try and find a good place to collect sap. "I'll kiss that better for you afterwards," he promises. "Now keep it distracted, and I'll play vampire with it."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Spitting onto the ground and turning to give the tree a good scowl, Remi straightens and looks a good deal more focused as Ronin nears the tree. "I love when we roleplay." The Lullaby calls, sounding delighted.

Spreading his wings and flapping them at the tree, Remi begins to take large wing-assisted strides across the ground. "Hey, bet you can't do that again." He taunts. A ghostly hawk appears at his side as well, flitting around him as he continues to dodge and dart in and around the tree's thrashing limbs.

"Come on old girl. You can do better than that, I'm sure."
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
there is always hope
"So do I - just don't flirt with that tree too much, or I'll get jealous!" Ronin calls back, his grin audible in his voice. He's distracted for a moment in watching Remi, bounding across the undergrowth with his ghost hawk in tow, full of glee and looking quite ethereal - only when one of the branches tries to make a grab at him does the Star remember his job. Clearing his throat, he crouches down and quickly makes an incision in the bark, holding out the vial to collect the sap which slowly drizzles out.

It's imperative that he doesn't let any touch his skin, and so he's vigilant as he places the cork back into the vial - by this time (unbeknownst to Ronin), the Wicker Woman has curled a branch around his ankle, and he promptly finds himself yanked into the air.

"Oi!" he cries, dangling upside down with the vial clutched in his hands, his shirt trying to fall over his head. "Oh for fuck's sake."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"I'm not sure I"ll be able to help myself. She'd already taunting me with her wood." Remi calls, his enthusiasm as infectious as the sap is.

As the alchemist dances around the branches, flinging obvious puns and curses as if they were a melody, he finds himself lost in the joy and easiness of the moment. Nothing like a bit of dangerous shitfuckery to make him fall in love with his husband all over again. At least until he sees the Star hanging upside down, stomach muscles straining against the tree. Folding his arms over his chest and watching all of this smugly, Remi keeps an eye on the tree to make sure she isn't going to actually break his husband in half.

"Someone has been relying on his astral projections too much." Remi tuts under his breath, very much wishing he had his telekinesis still, that he might tickle his husband's stomach while keeping his distance.
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
there is always hope
"Pfffffft, you're one to talk about over-reliance," Ronin calls down to his husband, trying to keep his shirt down whilst flailing with the leg that's free, not that it does anything. "You ever gonna put those wings away, bird boy?" Meanwhile, the Star is absolutely being hypocritical, as his projection pops into existence before the alchemist. It turns, makes a spectacular catch for the vial of sap, and then the trapped-by-a-branch Ronin simply flickers away as they switch places.

"Ta daaaaa!" Ronin announces, sweeping into a very noble bow. "I present to you, a vial of Wicker Woman sap. You may shower me with praise as you please." He can't stop the shit-eating grin on his face as he straightens up, watching the Lullaby appreciatively. How can he not, when Remi's swaggering around with his wings and physique and all the rest of it?
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"No, I don't think so. My husband seems to have a thing for wings." He shoots back, obviously referencing Amalia's new plumage as well as his own.

Rolling his eyes as if this isn't the incredible display it in fact is, Remi slow-claps as Ronin bows. However at the mention of a shower of praise, Remi scoffs under his breath looking affronted. "Excuse me, I think you'll recall that it's you who promised to lavish me with kisses. Or at least one." He points to the back of his head where he was previously walloped by the tree.

Should Ronin comply, Remi will wrap his arms around the Star, tugging him close that they might linger a moment longer together. The adrenaline rush of the tree, the sounds of violence still echoing just a few feet away where the Wicker Woman continues to try and beat them with her limbs, and his husband's roguish antics, have all made Remi feel very content, and oh so very in love.
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
there is always hope
"That's very interesting. My husband seems to have a thing for... me, I suppose. The more of me, the better." He grins, accepting the slow-clap as the most he'll receive in terms of praise. And he gasps as he remembers that he has, in fact, promised Remi kisses for the boo-boo obtained in service of the Wicker Woman mission, and he sweeps forward to deliver.

Very content to be drawn as close as Remi likes, Ronin lavishes kisses all along his husband's jawline and up behind his ear, where he can press his lips against his curls. Gentle hands slip into the back of his hair to find the bump to the head, and he tuts to Remi, like the blow he's received wouldn't floor an ordinary man. "Poor love," he coos, his smile charming and indulgent, and he glances back to the tree as if she's nothing more than an annoyance by now.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'You know, that's very true. And he hasn't really gotten to experience all you have to offer, yet." Remi points out. Ronin's astral projections have always been sent away by the time the real intimacy begins between the two, and Remi would be lying if he said he hadn't offended wondered why it might be like to both have, and be had by Ronin at the same time.

'Mmmmhmmmmmm." The alchemist laments, pouring on the wounded bird act for all he's worth. A few years ago a blow like that would have nearly killed him. Now, if he has anything more than a minor headache, he'll be shocked. "That's nearly all of it then. Just a feather from one of the messenger ravens and we'll be able to be contacted anytime anyone wants to get a hold of us." This is said rather dryly, Ronin more than knowing Remi's feelings on the pair of them always being available. Little does he know that in the coming weeks he'll rely heavily on being able to send letters to Ronin to cure his frustration and loneliness.

"Now. How do you feel about lunch?" As if he even has to ask, he slips an arm around Ronin's waist and off they go to spend one of their last afternoons together.

~FIN
THE ALCHEMIST