[se] over snapped branches
for Saiden
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
a lion-hearted girl
She kept her head very low down, purposefully, intending for her concentration to rankle and rivet over the doll, and not the potential onslaught, the brutal, rancorous memories coursing through her mind. “It turned people into monsters.” Where this past sickness had them delirious, feverish, and so horrifically lost, the blight had been segmented into barbarity, into onslaughts of beasts and vehemence, into the chaotic reminder that it hadn’t taken much at all for her to lose control. “Supposedly it spread due to her influence. None of the Ascended became sick.” Her hands fixated over fixing the rags adorning the Ludo doll, and then distracted entirely, searching for the ivory shells fitting for a mask.

Melita only brought her gaze back up to his at his surprise – snorting at the way he fell over the offer. The honeybee had been to more than enough shrines, had never feared anything from kneeling down before altars and extending gifts – save for the first few intervals, recalling Kisamoa, or when immediately after recovering from the blight, believing she was a wicked, cruel being, sobbing into silence.

But then again, she also wasn’t Abandoned, and hadn’t been cursed, or played a game where she’d lost so easily. Saiden’s uncertainty and trepidation was understandable, and she could seek to ease that burden. “You wouldn’t need to,” she handwaved off the offer of favors; finally finding a shell to perfectly complement the porcelain adorned across the herald’s features.
ready for a fight
MELITA
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
just take your time wherever you go
Whistling as Melita explained what the blight was and the Voice's connection to it, Saiden shook his head. "That sounds rough. An' I can see why ye'd think the Voice was responsible." Looking at his lap, he played with the doll there a bit, making it dance down one thigh. "Did ye know anyone who was sick?"

Grinning when the redhead tried to wave away the favor, he lifted the doll to poke her shoulder with it. "Ye know better than that. Favor for a favor, that's the Torchline way." His grin deepened and he leaned closer to her, having the fake Ludo sit on her shoulder. "Asides, what if I wanna do somethin' nice for ye?" He arched an eyebrow at her.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
a lion-hearted girl
It hadn’t been a think; it’d been real and true. Something gnashed up against her teeth, a growl forming in the back of her throat, and she breathed, steeling herself, forming the lines of fire and vitriol back down into her soul. She missed the dancing charades, didn’t look out of the corner of her eyes, fixating her attention on her own doll, contemplating the finishing touches as the mask was put in place. The question caught her off-guard though, and her brows furrowed, the cinders and vehemence starting all over again. “Yeah. I did.”

A poke at her shoulder caused her head to twist, turn, and incline towards it, her sharpened gaze flickering back to his singular eye, an arch to her brow that insinuated some measure of foolishness – to him or to herself, she wasn’t quite sure. The youth didn’t need his favors, or extensions of the Torchline way, but the insistence needled and thorned, and she understood the necessity of striving to give back. “You can surprise me then.” And that would be that.
ready for a fight
MELITA
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Hesitating as Melita began to growl of all things, Saiden frowned. "What'd I say?" He peered at her, eye flicking over her features as if he could suss out the reason for her discomfort from sight alone. Sighing, he shook his head as she spoke. "I'm sorry to hear that."

Hopefully the antics of his Ludo doll would cheer her up a bit, or at least distract. It was hard to tell from her reaction if she was laughing at him or with him though. Nodding at her agreement, he grinned. "I'll surprise ye with something nice. It'd be my pleasure." He waggled his eyebrows, having his doll dance on her shoulder as he did.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
a lion-hearted girl
“Nothing.” It wasn’t his fault she’d yet to establish any control over herself, growling or otherwise. Too bold, too inept, too ineffectual, too drawn into the fire and flames so readily; and she sighed, pushing, pushing it all away, as she’d done so many times over. It wasn’t Saiden’s fault. It wasn’t anyone but hers, really. So instead of living in the murk, she placed the finishing touches on the Ludo doll, and stretched it out before her.

At the very least, the impression was worth a laugh.

To which she then aimed her doll at his, swinging it so that the skull might instigate a headbutt into the form. “Yeah, yeah, we’ll see,” she remarked and snorted; the challenge there, but not too grave, not too menacing.
ready for a fight
MELITA
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Saiden arched an eyebrow at Melita's response. "Liar." Chuckling, he wagged a finger at her, though he didn't press further.

When she brought up her own doll and had it head-butt his, he mimed his Ludo stumbling backwards, arms windmilling. It landed on its ass on his lap, and he folded its arms across its chest. Glancing up, he grinned at the redheaded woman.

Leaning forward, his grin gained a wicked edge, turning into a smirk. "What, ye don't think I can be nice?" Tsking, he shook his head at her. "I'll just have to prove ye wrong I suppose," accepting the challenge with good humor.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
a lion-hearted girl
Whether she was lying or not the youth wouldn’t say, concentrating on deflecting the semblance entirely, masquerading in further pretenses and smirks. He didn’t persist in asking, and so she let the notions and emblems die, fade, off into the sand and surf; snorting at the Ludo-doll antics. At his implications, the honeybee arched her brow and crossed her arms over her chest, so her own doll stuck out along the crook of her elbow. “I didn’t say that,” a mere tease and taunt. “But sure, you can try.” A wrinkle to her nose, edges and glimmers of defiance, before her eyes settled upon the horizon. “I should go. But I’ll await the surprise.” A score of other things to do, a horde of other skirmishes to embrace and concoct.

With a cheery wave, the youth and her gourd would skip along and out of the region, the Ludo-doll orchestrating a goodbye signal all its own, before they disappeared along corners and fringes.

{FIN}
ready for a fight
MELITA