a little bird told me
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
born with salt on my skin
Relieved of any true responsibility to bring what she hears to the Governor’s attention, the appearance of two mysterious strangers in her bar a couple’a nights ago, paired with what she overheard with her earring, make Raza think she ought to at least tell Zeph. Who can then tell… whomever. After that, it’s outta her hands and they can do with it what they will. Until danger comes to the Hanged Man or Torchline, it ain’t her problem.

This time she arrives at his door without alcohol, a sign that she’s here purely for business. Though there ain’t anythin’ grim on her face, she does exude an air of ponderin’ an’ seriousness. She raps three sharp times on his door an’ leans agains the doorpost, waitin’ for someone to answer. There’s a light on inside, so someone should be home - unless he's left a candle burnin' again, the idiot.
and the sea in my blood
RAZA
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580

took back my heart but it's never been the same
You open the door three minutes later, hair ruffled and eyes puffy from sleep. You're shirtless, and the shorts you wear have been hastily pulled off the floor and slapped onto your bare ass. Disheveled would be a good word for the look you're sporting: fresh from a nap and still not fully awake, more bed monster than man.

The door opens a crack at first, then all the way as you register who's waiting outside. "Howdy, Raz," you greet your friend with a wide and powerful yawn, glancing away to keep from breathing on her. Blinking away the drowsiness, you take in the pensive attitude and lack of booze with a knocked eyebrow. "Take it y'ain't here for pleasure."
maybe love is a young man's game
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
born with salt on my skin
“Oy, you sleepin’?!” she jokes with a tone a little too much like Jack’s, even though she means it with affection. Pausing, the women tilts her head, her hair brushing against the door frame. The teasin’ becomes far more sly and Raza smirks a bit, “Or you fuckin’?” Post-fucking. Whatever. It’s been a while since she’s had the luxury of sex whenever she wants it.

Whatever he’s been doin’, she wishes it could wait, but it can’t. Back to her serious face, she nods - not too grimly, mind, but not with enthusiasm. “Aye. An’ as a council member, the shit I heard is your problem now.” A little tit for tat, perhaps, but again, not in a jealous way. She doesn’t have the same kind’a relationship with Sunjata that she had with Remi. And she doesn’t want the responsibility, really, not anymore. When the Hanged Man got beaten to pieces by the monsoon, Raz realized she’d rather stick to her secrets and smugglin’ than work for the government.

It was a nice experiment, but it ain’t for her.
and the sea in my blood
RAZA
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580

took back my heart but it's never been the same
"Bit'a both," you answer with a shrug, not trying to hide the smug look that hovers at the outskirts of your face. Fucking, sleeping, though not always in that order- you keep a busy schedule, after all. Your amusement wanes precipitously at her Very Serious Face, of course, and you straighten up a little bit, wincing at the truth in her words. "Problems I'd rather not have," you admit, running your hand through your curls. "You oughta come on in-"

It is, of course, at this moment that one of your runners appears. The kid's face is red from exertion and heat, and he's barely able to get his words out through the breaks in his breathing. "Zeph- it's Lou, he got- an' Marie says she's gonna'- you gotta come quick!"

You glance from the waif to Raza, scowling apologetically at your friend. Lou and Marie are two big players in rival gangs: whatever's going on it's gonna be trouble, and the barkeep knows that as well as you. Groaning unhappily, you grab a light shirt from a hook, tugging it on as you pad out of the house and down the stairs. "Sorry, Raz- I gotta take this. Rain check?" Unless she decides to tag along, which wouldn't surprise you at all.

Either way, you're off.

{fin}
maybe love is a young man's game