all this pressure it's a weight on my shoulder
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
the flood
so put your faith in the devil and the deep blue sea
put your trust in the light that you cannot see
There’s a low hum of thought that leaves his throat as he remains close to Vai. “I got him a crossbow.” He pauses to let the ghosting of a smile cross his face. “He got me a new set of earrings recently.” This comes out softer, as if he’s not entirely sure he deserves it, but such was how it went for the Flood.

As for the offer, Sunjata peels himself away a fraction so that he might actually look at Vai to take her offer into consideration. It would help, really, nobody to disturb him though it wasn’t like he got much of that anymore with the beautiful house on the cliffs. “That would be nice, actually.” He decides, arms loosening around Vai as his gaze softens slightly, the exhausted shadows creeping through. “You don’t mind?” He tilts his head, wanting to ensure it wouldn’t be a burden on Vai to keep an eye out.
there's a darkness up ahead
i will see you where the shadow ends
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

"Ah, weapons and jewellery. You two are meant to be," Vai says warmly, grinning and loosening her grip enough to glance down at him. Tilting her head, she spots the new earrings and pauses for a second to admire them, before giving Sunjata a playful nudge. "Of course I don't mind. I'll wake you before I close up for the afternoon. It'll be a good way to see if that medicine is enough for you, too."

Sunjata is taller than average (and that's putting it mildly), and the witch has to consistently take that into account. Stepping away so he can slip down from the table, she nods to the bed set against the back wall. "I ought to reserve this room for you, don't you think? You can come and get your work done in it while Nate's manning the clinic." Smirking, Vai grabs the medicine and moves to one of the cupboards, taking down a bottle of rum. It's been replaced since the lightning incident - this stuff is probably better quality, actually.

vervain
well i'll rest my eyes
and i'll let the earth breathe
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Her warm comment does inspire a bit of a smile on his face, shifting just enough for her to peer at the silver earrings that dangle from his ears, complete with a blue bead and a silver feather that dangles down from both. But as she nudges him, he softens a bit more, a nod given to her that bounces those earrings once again. “A test run.” He agrees, waiting for her to move so that he can stand and move toward the bed against the wall.

Her offer is a considerate one, and he glances to her over his shoulder before he sinks into the bed with a soft sigh. “Mm, I guess it depends on if he’d get tired seeing my face constantly in this room.” He snorts, finding some warmth the further from the darker conversation they get. But she reaches for a bottle of rum, from a similar space of when he’d been electrocuted – though it isn’t like Sunjata remembers that much – before Sunjata’s grabbing one of the blankets on the bed and wrapping himself around in it like a cocoon, waiting for her to arrive with it so that he can test it out. “Is that a new bottle?” He asks, jutting his chin in the direction of the rum.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:

"A test run." It's decided then, Vai grinning across at him as she pours out a measure of rum into a glass tumbler, uncapping the medicine so she can add a pinch of the powder. Swirling it in the drink, it dissolves without a trace, the witch nodding her approval - so far so good. When she turns back again, Sunjata has managed to bundle himself up in the bed; how someone so tall can get tangled in a blanket is beyond her, but she can't help but snort out a laugh.

Handing him the drink, Vai fusses over the blankets, trying in vain to straighten them out. "Sunny, if you think Nate will ever grow tired of seeing you at all, I think you're sorely mistaken," she says with a grin, nodding to him. "Yeah, new bottle. Zeph recommended this stuff - you'll have to tell me what you think."

vervain
well i'll rest my eyes
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
It’s agreed and Sunjata is content enough to make his way to the end, to wrap himself up in his makeshift nest, head peeking out from the blankets as she goes to approach with the drink mixed and ready. She hands him the drink and a hand pops out from the blanket mess he’s made, gripping it and giving it a quick sniff as she goes to fiddle and straighten out the blankets. “Mmm, he might, he has to look at me a lot.” There’s a crooked smile on his face with that, a casual shrug. But he believes her regardless.

As for Zeph recommending the rum, who is he to deny testing it out? He takes a swig from the glass, purely for taste at first, relishing quietly in the burn in his throat, before he settles and peers at it. “It’s really good.” He comments, peering down at the glass as if he could find out its secrets. And then, right after that, he downs the rest of it in a very well practiced motion and hands her the glass. “I need to get some of that.” He hums with a bit of amusement.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:

"You say that, but I doubt it's nearly enough for him," Vai says with a smirk. If she asks Nate, she has a feeling that the Ascended would want to be able to see his husband at all times of the day and night. Such is the way of being in love, and Vai raises a brow as she watches Sunjata knock back his drink. It isn't the practiced motion of it - the witch lives around alcoholics, it feels like - but rather she's waiting for his appraisal of the rum.

Grinning, she accepts the glass back and sets it down on the counter nearby. "It is, right? I figured having better rum would distract people from whatever had just happened." You never know what will come into the clinic, after all. "I'll ask him where he got it from. Though, you better try it after you wake up again. It might be the medicine giving it a kick."

Vai pulls up a chair next to his bed, obviously intending to make sure the sleeping draught works before going about her day. "I'll stay until you're asleep. Do you want me to close the door, or leave it open for you?"

vervain
well i'll rest my eyes
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
You’re probably right.” He rumbles with a more lightweight smile, one that’s softer around the edges from the grimacing of before, smoothing out the frown lines that seem permanently etched into his face. But he quiets down, if only so he can down the alcohol and relish in the burn and taste of it, letting the medicine begin to work as he hands Vai the glass and settles back with the blankets wrapped around him right.

Mm, yeah that sounds like a good idea.” He agrees, finding it to be quite the good distraction all things considered. As for the rest of it, though, he shifts in the bed until he’s comfortable, truly a nest of blankets around him and over him at this point, feeling the burn of the alcohol in his gut as it begins to work. “You can close it.” He tells her, preferring the idea of him sleeping here in somewhat secrecy as opposed to anyone being able to peek in at him.

It doesn’t seem to take long for the alcohol and medicine mixture to work, a routine that has his lids dropping with the sudden exhaustion. “Thank you Vai.” He rumbles, face pressed into the blankets and pillows, nestled in quite comfortably.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:

Sunjata's expression softens and it brings a smile to Vai's lips; she reaches out to smooth a hand through his short crop of hair, seeming to relax a bit as he does. "I thought so too," she agrees sunnily, settling back to keep watch as the medicine starts to do its work. "Closed, then. I'll make sure there's a sign on the door so you don't get disturbed."

His eyes start to close and Vai absently tucks the blankets around him a bit more. "You're always welcome," she assures him. "You just get some rest, alright?" Rising to her feet once she knows Jata has drifted off, the witch moves to draw the curtains to plunge the room into a comfortable dimness, and then slips out of the door and clicks it shut.

vervain
well i'll rest my eyes

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
It doesn't take much.

A turn of a back and an empty waiting room, and in slips a shadow. Through a corridor, into a room with a sign that says do not disturb.

And he doesn't. He doesn't disturb. He merely watches, investigates. He finds a small jar of medicine, freshly prepared to aid in a deep and restful sleep.

He finds it and whoops, maybe he switches it with something else. What is it?

You'll find out, Sunjata.

~FIN