If You Lived Here, You'd Be Home By Now
Hester Mac Girr An Adhastair
Bard

Age: 27 | Height: 5’4” | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Hester
You think you're hanging with the winners, girl
The journey to the portal is longer than any Hester has taken before, taking her deeper in the Fangs than she is truly comfortable with. But the payoff is worth it when she sees the swirling mists of the portal. When she steps through it, a certain priest's warnings utterly forgotten. She steps out into a dusty-looking field, beyond it a battered landscape, cast in deep shadow by the jagged pillar she had emerged from.

Hester hastened towards the buildings, if nothing else, there was the chance she would find someone.

To her surprise though, the ruins seemed almost bustling, stalls set up, people milling around. It seemed these walls housed more people than she'd ever seen before, Hester having to pause for a moment to close her gaping mouth, wide eyes trying to take in everything.

When she starts walking, it's slow, utterly distracted, the attuned's head swivelling to and fro, trying to take in everything. Everything except the path she's following, that is.
cause you never seen 'em lose
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
drop the dagger and lather the blood on your hands romeo
Aisha had made her way into the settlement today, looking to trade some of the things she'd collected in the woodlands the other day for some new goods. A treat maybe, a pastry or something savory to fulfill her craving. With a straw pack on her back she'd set out from the manor, and was now weaving her way through the bustle of a mid morning crowd. She does a little people watching as she moves along, narrating in her head what all of the grounders have come to the settlement to do today.

It's a good day, the sun casts a warm glow from it's autumnal position, illuminating the streets and making the crunchy leaves seem to burn. This wasn't her favorite season by far, but it was pretty, the reds and oranges and yellows that painted the landscape. A content smile spread across her face as she headed down a less nature bound street, the ground making way for cobbled pathways and the edges of the roads rising into structures.

An awestruck face along the street catches her attention, and catlike eyes come to rest on a curly haired person. Aisha had been a bit disconnected as of late, her subconscious trying to justify her idea of moving to another region. But the woman she watched seemed new to the grounds, and something about her beauty was intriguing, so she decided to change it up, make an effort today.

With a friendly confidence in her step she walked towards the other, a light smile on her lips and her blonde mane billowing behind her. "Hey, are you new here?" she asked, falling into step about a meter away from the other, not wanting to intrude in case her company wasn't wanted.
AISHA
Bard

Age: 27 | Height: 5’4” | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Hester
It’s only a matter of time before someone approaches her, and the smallest mercy is that it doesn’t seem to be someone she’s inadvertently upset. Not that that realization comes until a voice is startling her out of her reverie, a woman who seemed to be made of pure gold, and twice as wondrous as anything else Hester has seen so far.

For a moment there’s a stubborn crease of pride in Hester’s voice brow, before a far more sensible pet of her is shaking her head up and down. ”I am. It’s...” Perhaps she’s silly for revealing this, but she wants to be able to trust people, wants to be able to trust that she’ll receive help when she needs it, even this far from home. ”It’s my first time leaving Halo.” Excitement shines through her features plainly, Hester’s eyes bright and sparkling.

”Do you know the area well? Can I please ask you some questions?” She shouldn’t be imposing, but Hester would be a fool to not state as much of her curiosity as she possibly can, now that she possibly has the chance.
Aisha Khai

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Aisha was satisfied with the acceptance of her offer, happy that her effort was not just a fluke. She walked a little nearer, stopping as the other did and placing a hand on her hip. She watches the woman perk up a bit, her dark eyes absorbing all the bright colors that seem to light her world. Aisha likes her.

"I've never been to Halo, so we're sort of even," she replied with a friendly tease that spread in a smirk at her lips. She was then asked to answer questions presumably about the grounds, something that she being an outlander, hadn't ever expected, but was happy to try. She settled the pack on her back down further, sliding her thumbs down the straps, "Shoot," she said with an affirming nod, open and ready to help however she could.
AISHA
Bard

Change author:
Hester
It doesn’t surprise Hester that Aisha’s never been to Halo. She can see why, if she’s being honest. Compared to a place like this, her home really is nigh inhospitable. ”Its not for everyone. But,” Hester turns a warm grin towards her newfound companion, here eyes all but sparkling as she once again pauses, taking in everything about the other attuned. ”If you do ever visit, you should find me. I know all the best places.” And she was more than happy to repay the favour being done for her, a good turn that just kept on turning.

”Do you,” Oh, this is going to make her sound weird, ”know about any places here that are um... meaningful, to the Gods?” Is there a record for the fastest a conversation has ever been ruined? Because Hester is absolutely positive there’s about to be, her teeth worrying her lip and her eyes very decidedly not on the beautiful woman at her side.
Aisha Khai

Change author:
"I'd love to see them," she replied, remembering what she'd said to Deimos. She had only to send him a letter on raven's wing, let him know that she was on her way, ready to explore and scout out new lands. Until she did, she remained here, helping new faces and soaking in the mundane.

This new face was far from mundane, but you get what I mean.

The other woman asked her first question, about the gods, places meaningful to them. Everybody wanted to talk about the gods nowadays, she couldn't get rid of them. Not that she didn't like them, she'd met Safrin once and been nothing but taken with the lady of the stars, but in this moment and under the tense circumstances surrounding the deities as of late, her brows narrowed ever so slightly.

Gone in an instant though, her smile returning, "Which gods are we talking about?" she asked for clarification. There were shrines and alters built for both old and new, some bound in nature and others forged from stone, she wondered with her companion would like the best.
AISHA
Bard

Change author:
Hester
"Well then you'll have to visit." Hester beamed brightly, always eager to show off her home to others, and even more eager to gain another friend, after so much time spent with solely her family. It was nice to come out of her shell more. Though, she needed to take it a touch slower. No point in fantasizing about a whole friendship when this was still the first she'd met Aisha.

Hester is well trained in picking out the flows that move across other's faces, and the pinching of Aisha's brow has her breath catching in her throat. Desperately, the bard tries to figure out where she's overstepped, what it is she's said, but the expression is gone before she can.  "Well, I know there's a place called Ludo's Woods in the Greatwood, and that there's a place in Torchline with rainbow geysers, but... I need to find a place that's meaningful to Safrin, and..." She trails off into a shrug, heaving out a breath through her nose.
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Aisha grinned at the invitation, hoisting her pack of trading items up before it slid from where it was held. "Sounds like a plan," she replied with a friendly confidence, always happy to make connections. Especially one with such a beautiful smattering of freckles, and a personality and articulation that promised fun, more to know and see.

"The life gods, yeah I know a nice place. I'm not in that big a rush, I'll take you there," pink lips curled in a smile, she turned and began to make for the fields, leading the other woman to grove borne of light, woven with lanterns and constellations and flowers of the eve. "I'm Aisha, by the way," she added as they started off towards the shrine.

Fin!
AISHA