white horses
Melita
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
FINN
Finn is already in Torchline, so that's his first stop.

A bit of digging reveals that a group sailed out to investigate the storms on the ocean not too long ago, on a ship called The Ark. One member of said group is Torchline's new Governor, a man Finn has met and has found to be a peculiar mix of charming and sly. He's not keen to repeat the meeting, truth be told, and he already knows him as an Attuned, ruling out any Ascended influence there.

And so sunrise finds him at the waterfront, peering up at the ship to try and speak to any of the others who were on board at the time of the adventure. The Spyglass wears a light coat to ward off the morning chill from the waves, and he peers up at the Ark through bespectacled, stormy eyes.

It's a lot, after the break, and he forces himself only to focus on the swarming auras of the ship; Abandoned, Accepted, Attuned - no taint of Ascended in the past twenty four hours. It doesn't mean much, but it's something. Removing the glasses, Finn rubs at his eyes and lets out a long, shuddering sort of sigh.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
Melita
they should have checked the ashes
of the women they burned alive
There was a man staring up at the ship.

Melita had been back and forth, as she often was, readying the Ark with supplies, or shifting along the sands, pouring her heart and soul into brutal, barbaric movements that might shatter an opponent. With her staff in hand, she’d been inclined to wander near the massive wooden structure, and now, with Fangorn grumbling behind her, she narrowed her eyes suspiciously.

Sometimes Naturals she’d yet to meet came forth to hold some discourse with Jack, but she didn’t recognize this one at all. Was he intending something dastardly upon a specious, unknowing, but formidable, crew? Or was this completely innocent? An arch to her brow indicated nothing, but the defiant little raise of her chin amplified her emboldened, audacious movements, striding beyond as if she belonged there (because she did), before turning her head over her shoulder. “Can I help you?” Not entirely warm, but borderline pleasant, brows neither furrowed nor lilting again; head tilted in a vague notion, but the youth was otherwise an impudent ruffian looking thing, as if the waves had tossed her back out.
because it takes a single wild ember
to bring a whole wildfire to life
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
FINN
The sound of a voice brings him out of it, Finn dropping his hand to find a vibrant, red headed young woman before him. Forcing the images away, he tucks the glasses into the safety of his inside pocket and offers a polite smile her way. "I hope so," he says to the youth. "My name is Finn Rosencrantz. I'm researching the storms that are preventing travel to different areas in Caido, and I heard that the crew of this ship explored the barriers in the ocean."

Brushing his curls out of his face, Finn glances fleetingly at the Ark, then back to the woman speaking to him. "I was wondering if anyone might be available to speak with me about what they found out there? It should only take a few minutes, if that." There's already a notepad and pencil in his pocket, and he's become adept at jotting notes.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Melita
The name meant nothing to her, but she’d be foolish not to register it in the back of her mind, safe-keeping when dealing with strangers. Her brow arched lightly, the seditious spread of her existence remaining steadfast and defiant, eyes narrowing a fraction thereafter as he explained he was researching the storms. She turned to face him fully now, the staff in her hand bearing its familiar weight, pondering, wondering, if there was to be some sanction of a threat lingering somewhere – a finite study expressed rapidly over his presence, and then gone. “I’m Melita. What will you do with your information?” Curiosity had stoked a fine little honing mannerism in her gaze.

Otherwise, she didn’t have much of a reason to refuse him the knowledge and sanctity. “I can.” She twisted towards the sea a little more, could feel the waves along the corner of her eyes. “We didn’t get very far.”
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
FINN
He smiles briefly at the sound of her name - the sort of polite, awkward kind of smile that suggests he is not much of a people person. To hear that she's willing to tell him about the storms is a boon, though, and the Spyglass slips the notepad and pencil from the inside of his jacket.

What will he do with the information, though? "I'll compare and contrast it to the other storms. This is my first stop - I still have to speak to those who went through the jungle, the dust storms and the lightning storms elsewhere in Caido."

Jotting down the basics - her name, the name of the Ark, the nature of the storm she's gone to investigate. "What happened?" he asks. "What stopped you from getting any farther?"
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
Her eyes narrowed suspiciously- but mostly because the world had taught her to be arranged in such a way. Torchline, especially, where trust only got one so far. “Are they related to one another? Or have to do with something in particular?” Why all the research on storms if there wasn’t a nuance brewing, a tempest boiling? She wondered just how far this information would go, why it mattered, or how much significance it bore – especially theirs, considering how little came of it.

Her hand flexed over the wooden handle of her staff, fingers drumming, biding her time as he began to jot things down on his notebook. For a moment she stood on her tiptoes, striving to peer over, to investigate all the finer details. “We found some cloud wyrms tied together, and we couldn’t get to them.” Even now it seemed sad and stifling, and her eyes ghosted elsewhere. “And then ghost whales were there, and attacked the ship.” And her uncle; but he’d been foolish enough to be in the water in the first place.
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
FINN
"Well, that is the point of the research," Finn says slowly, glancing up from the notebook very briefly to shoot her a wry smile. "I can't answer those questions until I have the information to make further inquiries." He spies her peeking over at the notes he's writing, the Spyglass lowering the paper so she might see for herself. There are no secrets, no hidden meanings to his notes. Just neat lettering and the odd bit of shorthand.

His brow furrows to hear about the ghost whales, the cloud wyrms. "...Is that usual behaviour for those creatures?" he asks slowly, knowing very little about the Arclight Ocean and the world beneath it. "Either way, I can imagine that to be a good reason to abandon the trip, if your ship sailed right into it."
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
She shrugged away the response, a little perturbed there wasn’t an even exchange of information being held. Whether or not it would matter, or what it was for seemed all very vague and suspicious, but she didn’t know why and couldn’t place a finger on it. Just an unsettling feeling, a munition that had served her well in childhood and rampant youth, when naught ever seemed quite right. When every shadow was an instrument of treachery, deceit, and danger. Whether or not this would prove to be worth anything, something, or nothing would remain to be seen – and the honeybee wasn’t the patient sort of individual.

Nothing to see on his notebook anyway. Another disappointment.

Her eyes settled back on the sand as she recalled and reflected. “I don’t think so. What could have strung them together like that? I’ve never seen them stuck.” Mischievous and silly, intending to snag at treasures, but never so conformed in a way that appeared like a trap. “This is the second time I’ve experienced ghost whales attacking the Ark, in separate seasons.” With no particular rhyme or reason, save for their existence out on the open seas. Finn could make of that what he wished.
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
FINN
Oblivious to the suspicion and unsettled feelings that will somehow dog his footsteps in these lines of questioning, Finn merely continues on with his notes, tilting the pages up once more so it's easier to write when he realises that Melita hasn't found anything interesting in them. With a sigh, he finishes jotting down his thoughts and raises his gaze to consider her remarks. "With the length of them, perhaps it was a mere accident," he ventures, though the tone of his voice suggests that it isn't likely.

The ghost whale attacks, too, and their unusual frequency... that speaks to a turbulence that is at odds with the apparent lowering of the storms. "That is very odd," he murmurs. "Would that I knew more about the ocean. Do you have anything that might repel them?" he wonders, before shaking his head clear and offering the girl another polite smile. "Thank you," he says. "It sounds like a short trip, but necessarily so. If there's nothing more that you can recall, I'll let you get on with your day."
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
Melita shrugged at the first response, the uncertainty curling over her fathoms. She didn’t necessarily agree, but had no other rhyme or reason for the notion. Was it normal for wyrms to be knotted and gnarled together like that? She hadn’t been any closer, hadn’t been able to inspect or dive down into the depths to see; and maybe that was part of the problem too, and her suspicions arose and stemmed from ignorance (not that those insinuations ever stopped her before).

Her toes dug deeper into the sand while she listened, tilting her head a fraction, eyes narrowing briefly as the man pondered the oddities. “I tried my arrows, and the cannons. Either they never hit or it didn’t bother them in the slightest.” Difficult to tell when the whales had been under the waves, and the velocity, the ferocity, of the munitions lost their potency the deeper the cretins were.

Then a semblance of freedom, and the honeybee nodded curtly, a dismissal of her own, with another wave, heading towards the Ark to deliver some other supplies. “Good luck,” she announced, and it might’ve been for the whole lot of them, on this never-ending ride of confusion and potential turmoil. But the youth wouldn’t leave her inklings and intuitions alone for long – there were other scores to settle now.

{FIN}