everything stays
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
& oh, poor atlas - the world's a beast of a burden
She giggles at Sera's amusement and teasing of Gideon, suddenly more the 23-year-old girl than a scarred demigoddess. "He is a bit of a know-it-all," she concedes, glancing shyly at the Artificer. "All 'You should be proud of your role, Amalia,'" she parrots, her alto voice taking on a slightly gritty texture in attempt to sound masculine, nose rising in the air. "And 'Be more careful around strangers, Amalia'- when I could probably knock him over with one hand behind my back." It is rare for the Shield to boast about her physical prowess, but her indignation and the ease she feels in Sera's presence have done a great deal to strip down her natural defenses.

Though a chair is offered, Amalia doesn't sit. Sitting at a desk makes it feel too formal, like an interview rather than a conversation; and besides, she is still busy investigating objects on Sera's shelves. "I can see that already," she says in response to Sera's attestation of being good at her job, sincere admiration coloring her words. There's a small crystal sphere held delicately between her fingers when she looks back to the Artificer, tilting her head. "Who chooses you, though? And why? Is it the Gods?"
you've been holding on a long time
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 12 - Int:
LEVIATHAN - Mythical - Dragon (Air Blast)
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Seraphina
the artificer
it's cold, it's dark, it's deep and it's wet
and you ain't gonna make it if you don't let someone in
There’s a grin of surprise that spreads wide against the Artificer’s face at Amalia’s giggle, some hidden amount of pride lingering within the panes of her face at having made a Vi demigod giggle like a schoolgirl. And when Amalia continues, the playful barbs, Sera’s laughter is a vibrant chime that echoes through her workspace. “I would pay to see that.” She chimes, face alight with amusement, pausing in silence as she imagines it.

Gods, it would probably be one of the better things she’s seen lately.

But she’s offering Amalia a seat, isn’t offended when the Shield doesn’t take it and continues to investigate – nothing to hide within the walls of the Artificer’s office. And she draws silent yet again, waiting for the questions that she’s sure Amalia has. “No, it’s not the gods.” She murmurs, though a part of her wonders what it would be like to be chosen by them. “No, we’re either picked by the Eye or we send in an application and are chosen that way.” She informs the shield, leaning forward at her desk as she pulls open the blueprints for Amalia to inspect as well. “I made it a goal to be a really good architect and I applied and got in.” A prideful grin spans Sera’s face, all confidence and ease. “I’m one of the youngest, too.” Another bit of easy boasting.
darlin', darlin', why don't you sleep at night?
the colder the heart, the warmer the gun
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
& oh, poor atlas - the world's a beast of a burden
Chosen for their merits. Amalia nods, wondering what levels of confidence it would take to apply for such a role. Would she have ever qualified, had Vi not intervened? Pushing aside these easy doubts, the girl smiles at Seraphina, clearly impressed by the young woman. "That's incredible," she murmurs, looking over the blueprints as they're spread on the desk. "This, too- did you make these?"

That Sera is one of the youngest catches Amalia's interest. "How old are you?" the girl asks before she can bite her tongue, suddenly very much aware of her own youth. "Sorry, I- I'll be twenty three at Long Night. Sometimes I feel a lot older... sometimes I think I'm still a kid." Bashfully she rubs the back of her neck, shrugging at the thought.

The day continues much in the same, with Amalia asking a litany of questions and Seraphina providing answers. The Artificer helps Amalia find her way to her rooms, and after they familiarize themselves with the space takes her to the hallway that leads to the office of the Eye. It is here they part, with promises to meet again, and the Shield feeling bolstered by the prospect of a friend.

{fin <3}
you've been holding on a long time