maybe rage will lift me up
for Sunjata
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
Rage, maybe rage would lift me up
A continual reach, a climb and clamber for resources that seemed endless in the open, in the plains of veneer, fathoms, depths, the water claiming everything and nothing all at once. A dive, a spin, and he was in the clutches of the undulations again, rising above their strength, their fortitude, their might, and carving his own. Gill after gill, scale after scale, fish after fish, all granted and given to the rock, so they could be offered in return to people, to survivors, to those who didn’t have the chances, the opportunities, to hunt down the prey.

Gambits and games, policies and politics, diplomacy and discourse; he wasn’t immune to it, played his part in constructing, in conniving, in extending information and receiving it in return. They’d always had that going for them – the Flood and the Sword – and when not grumbling at one another in idle truces, they had their fair share of open flames, of torrents and circumventing nooses. Even exchanges, places to seek and reach, no demons quite tamed, trailing over fringes, boundaries, prospering in the hopes that somewhere along the way there’d be more than just their mere efforts – something meaningful, something transparent, something tangible, to topple, to discard, to crack. Did you ever find the Fae you sought? The name the Deimos had granted; uncertain if it was the right one or not. But then the trial for the involvement of the Mathair; nothing he didn’t already know, considering his long conversation with Juniper. Do you believe a trial will truly happen? He was very careful to not expose the doubt, or to wonder about the tangibilities of those in the Greatwood now. He’d seen them once as pillars of earthly, enigmatic strength, viewed some of their capabilities – and now he could only meander upon the sides, daring to stare within.
DEIMOS
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
i am on a journey to discover what it's like to be free of all my demons
Since the first day of him grabbing the title, it had been a nonstop stream of politics and problems. Not at all Remi’s fault, the sickness having been fixed and the talk of murders and Fae, it was… A lot, all at once. Not as traumatic as his swim test, but certainly the same in terms of whether he sunk or swam. For now, however, he’s swimming. And he intends to keep it that way.

A shake of his heavy head is given toward Deimos before the mental sensation of a sigh passes through the bond. I did not. He offers, though it still pains him to say it. The Fae are looking for her too. Say that they’ll enact justice too. But that was the thing, wasn’t it? They could enact justice on Nephele and then someone would have to right the tables again on this end.

He hopes Wessex is right in the way she says she’ll handle it. I don’t know. I can try as I might but, it’s Wessex. So. A bit of a trailing end as he ponders his words. She told me she won’t let them get near Samuel or Amun. So we will have to see. Hard to try and take down a Queen for Trial with her own subjects. That’s about as honest as Deimos is going to get out of him on the subject of the trial. It wasn't something Sunjata particularly wanted to throw all his resources into. He imagines Morgan has much more important things to do than this rabbit hole as well.
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
He could hear the sigh as he dove down once more, only regaled with the edges of disappointment as he lunged; another notion, semblance, and plan unfulfilled currently. There were always machinations running and rambling afoot, and despite the level of calculations mustered, there was also rampant opportunity for them to go astray. For the world to conjure something else in the meantime. The Fae looking, hunting, for one of their own gave him some manner of pause, clutching onto the fish in between fangs and outlines of rapid movement, machinating in his silence. It seemed like a lot of talk about justice, without it actually occurring. Because for all the bluster and discourse, actions spoke far louder. Back and forth, forth and back, until something was tipped in the others’ favor. But for how long?

The Sword managed a loud snort, the barest form of a chuckle, through the bond at the mention of Wessex. He’d warned Juniper that the Ascended Queen wouldn’t go down so easily, nor play into their hands. It wasn’t the Wraith’s way. That she’d defend the other conspirators and participants left didn’t surprise him either; a long, hard road ahead for the Fae. He had respect for their intentions, for their drive, but how it’d come about was a difficult nuance to follow. Agreed. We will just have to wait and see. Maybe something. Maybe nothing. Maybe there’d be another occurrence well before then, and it’d be strife and politics placed on the backburner.
DEIMOS
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
The snort is reciprocated with a sound of boyish amusement from Sunjata as well – both of them knowing full well how many difficulties would await him should he try and take a stance against Wessex. And Sunjata doesn’t choose to, having offered his help to the Ascended in whatever way he could. They’d just need a good story or a good backup plan should things start to go south.

Though he supposes that’s the nature of Torchline, isn’t it? The roguish region that Sunjata melded so well within, the one that provided so much opportunity for those that simply didn’t fit in a rigid society or one that wanted to consistently rebuild after years of destruction had ruined it. No, they fit in just right here with the bending of rules, with smugglers and governments in pockets with one another, with promises made and favors as trade. I’m just doing what I can to ensure that Nate’s safe. He offers, though with the Ascended’s full sight back, he’s sure his husband could manage on his own well enough. I gave him the necklace you gave me from the sea panther. Thank you again. Steel eyes flit toward the shape of the leopard seal.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Safety and protection for loved ones was an understandable notion; it was how the Sword and the Reaper had lived and breathed. He merely had less and less of them throughout the years, incapable of finding, implementing, or securing the reaches of their predilections until it was too late. Short bursts, curt instances, keen awareness that he couldn’t be with them every step of the way – and even when he was, things could go so wildly wrong. How long would it be until Sunjata discovered the same nuances again with Nate? How long could he keep the Ascdended secure, with the Fae, and everything else coming to the forefront? How long could they all keep the game, the duplicity, the snares going? A consideration coiled in the back of his mind, never quite going silent, there, in the midst of all the other furtive contemplations, resting until he could snag and pull at more. Have you heard any more of the Order?

More frenetic movement, more chasing of fish, launching and pulsing in the waves, until he coasted to the rock again, at an ease in the hunting gambits. The news of the fang necklace, earned from dispatching the sea panther, and its newest whereabouts would’ve caused a slight, light smile if he were in his natural form; instead there was a only a beat of thought. I hope he finds it useful.
DEIMOS
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
And this is where things get tricky, isn’t it? The information gathered of Fae trials and Ascended essentially shoved under the rug in favor for the Order and Stormbreak, a few things that absolutely drove a bit more of that fear and possessiveness over himself, that contributes to his shifting moods. And there’s heartbeats of seconds that pass when Deimos asks if he’s heard any more about them, the talk with Wessex having covered part of that too.

He dives down and grabs a couple more fish and puts them back on the rock, deciding to stay above and lounge a bit, to let the sun beat down and try the saltwater in between a few spikes on his spine. The Order wishes to kill the Ascended and take down the Voice. He rumbles, offering the tidbit of information that Wessex had granted him. And the gods have called to their demigods and placed them strategically in anticipation though I don’t know for sure if they’re related. He’s never quite gotten the confirmation of whether or not the Order and the demigods preparedness and stationing have anything to do with one another.

What he does know, is that it makes him anxious. He clenches his maw, hard enough that the teeth seem to almost groan. Perhaps the fang necklace will help Nate with whatever comes next.
SUNJATA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
They all dangled along knife edges; stepping back, jutting forth, eventually winding their way back to falling rocks and daggered boundaries. Because perhaps the Fae trials were a mere distraction from everything else threatening to engulf, persist, and pervade, a blip on the horizon along humanity’s smaller scales, when they might’ve been damned and doomed to become beaten down, broken, and succumbed to another far larger crisis. Where people stood, where they dreamed, where they drifted, might not matter. It might be everything.

He paused in the midst, wondering if the inquiry had dug in too deep, but it was too late to back out now. Sunjata always seemed to have a way in acquiring information, and though Deimos did too, the Flood likely had farther reaching roots and routes in his threads. The Sword harbored secrets and information, machinations and calculations, furtive notes until the time was right – the Governor seemed to allow them to spill over, and make do with what came. So he only meandered along the surface, watching more schools of fish pass and flicker by, while the dragon answered.

The Sword embodied nothing – stoic and reticent at the news, but the inward cringe recoiled and clenched, demigods (where he wouldn’t reveal Amalia’s newfound status), placements and adornments of strategy honed in, and then down to Nate. Deimos could think of the hordes of other Ascended, some he was entirely indifferent to, and some he’d call his friends.

And where on earth was everyone going to be fitting into this.

The only statement he could quantify was a blunt notion. Sounds like he will need more than a fang necklace.
DEIMOS
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Sunjata’s lost his appetite for helping fish with the subject turning as dour as it has. But the amount they’d fished seemed like more than enough for Halo to help provide during Deepfrost. As for the rest of it, well, Sunjata focuses on the words leaving his side of the bond, trying to shut out the emotions that come with it – a deep fury, frustration, resentment of a sort coming to mind initially.

And when Deimos’ voice comes across and rumbles into his mind,  he simply floats silently for a few brief moments longer, contemplating and mulling the words over in his mind. He has me, at least. He doesn’t care anymore whether it implicates him with his chosen goddess. Sunjata’s tired of losing people, tired of them getting close and getting hurt. And Nate, Nate was the treasure to Sunjata’s dragon,  and that protectiveness rears its ugly head. But all we can do is wait and see.
SUNJATA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
It had taken notes of melancholy and the disastrous ambiguousness to finally relent and cease the hunting for another time. The appetite for vehemence and stalking prey had lost its flavor and appeal, and the more Machiavellian qualities of him continued to persist as he rose along the surface, brimming along the top. Because while Sunjata might have been content to wait and see; a commonplace them unfortunately, Deimos angled towards preparation.

Except they didn’t know what any of these adversaries were capable of. They didn’t have one damned clue. Left muddling and conforming in the dark, piecing together what little information they could reach, snag, and dangle along the void, wondering if it would be enough. If it would matter. If there were so many other plans already in motion, and they were just struggling to catch up with the fringes, the strands, the boundaries. Immersed in his munitions and calculations, the beast eventually rumbled through the bond, uncertain if it would be a help or a hindrance. If either of you can think of an item suitable, you can send Nate to me. I can try to make something. For protection? For defense? For assaults? That was the only press between his shoulders, down the back of his spine, no matter what form rendered – the unknown a crawling, bestial, ominous formation.
DEIMOS
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Truth be told, the Flood has no idea what to expect. He has no idea whether they’ll come down reigning fire upon them or if it’ll be more of a subtle mode of attack. There’s no way of knowing until it comes, but perhaps if they had a list to go down, the possibilities, it might become easier to figure out what would cross both options off the list and offer some sort of guiding light toward what would potentially help them.

It isn’t until Sunjata still remains floating in the rocking waves of the sea that Deimos’ next words reach his mind, his steel gaze slipping over toward Deimos almost as if he’s searching for the lie within it. When eh doesn’t find it, he dips his head again. Would it be possible… For something with fire resistance? Because that was Sunjata’s biggest fear, the fact his husband might just explode.
SUNJATA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos had often relished the unknown, merely for curiosity, scholarly factors, for searching, for gathering, for presiding in and amongst newfound information. These notions and semblances were weak at best – granted hearsay for ominous storms, declarations made in haste and leaving them scrambling on the fringes and frayed strands with nothing else to weigh in upon. It was a frustrating aspect, rather than anything remotely satisfying, digging into more inquiries, questions, and enigmas instead of answers.

The Sword bobbed back along the surface, head breaking over the veneer, stare rendering over the horizon, where the rock adorned and laden with fish waited. It could remain for a little longer while they sorted out probabilities and possibilities; the General unaware Sunjata would regard him with suspicion. His actions had always followed through on his words. They held meaning, weight, and he had no intention of obliterating that. Most likely. He’d been capable of creating and contorting other relatable factions. It will not be as powerful as something the Voice could make, but it might serve its purpose before he gets an upgrade. Or some other form of resistance and rebellion. If the Order would even bother with the notion of going for obvious, rooted weaknesses in the Ascended. If this was ever going to happen at all. If they had a chance.
DEIMOS
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The options laid out before him felt both like too much and not enough – so many choices to be made and trying to determine which was the most important. So he settles with fire, that one being the one that comes to mind the most. And his steel gaze slips over toward Deimos as he maneuvers himself through the waves to reach the rock with the fish, to prepare to help take them to shore.

Any boons will help where there aren’t any. He sends back, though there’s the edge of a sigh in agreement. The Voice could likely make it a more permanent thing, but this one… Temporary as it may be, might help protect his husband. It might be enough until then. Let me talk to him and I’ll get back to you. Because Nate wasn’t back from the Climb yet – a number of fear inducing possibilities coming to mind that he shoves aside with the rest of them. Should we start bringing this back to shore? He asks, head tilting slightly in the water as the waves lap against his armored cheeks.
SUNJATA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
The protective nature of his soul had yet to ever truly decrease; mettled and cornered there in the distinction of his movements, in the eternal existence of his armament components. It’d been how he was raised, how he lived, and how he died before – unlikely to change and alter now, even as other filaments eroded or re-sculpted their facets. Perhaps they were pursuing the wrong angles, but at least they tried, which had to be more than sitting, staring, and waiting for the inevitable to send them scurrying into condemnation. It appeased the ruffled edges for a time, while they could gather more information, pursue walls, or some other jurisdiction. The whole thing seemed like a much bigger picture, a much larger frame, than anything they could achieve presently, but no one had ever ceased the Sword, nor the Reaper, from striving.

He nodded through Sunjata’s statements, brisk and curt, before propelling himself back upon the rock. Given the circumstances of needing to return to the shore, and though the rock wasn’t terribly far away, the lack of hands and proper mobility on land forced him to render back to his human distinction. While he maneuvered, concentrated on the efforts in grabbing hold of one of the first baskets laden with quieting fish, and lifting it to the wagon waiting along the portion of shore not waylaid by sand, he mulled over a response. Sure. I will be in Halo. Maybe by then they’d have more to go off of. It certainly couldn’t be any less.
under the bludgeonings of chance
my head is bloody, but unbowed
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Deimos heads toward the rock and Sunjata moves closer to it as well, keeping a bit of a berth and waiting for Deimos to figure out how best to bring the fish back. He shifts back into himself and the dragon remains, steel gaze remaining on the Sword before focusing on the mgic that’s created, for baskets that are filled with fish, and when one basket has been filled Sunjata waits patiently for the rest. I can carry them to shore for you if you want to make it quick. And luckily for them, his shift would ward off any thieving Hels.

There’s a nod given for the mention of Halo, however, tucking that information away for later. Once Nate returns from the Climb and they have time to talk it over, he figures he could correspond with a letter at first, something that would be easier while he focuses on ruling this season in Torchline – the first one of his and would likely be the one that mattered the most. How are you finding it? Halo? He decides to ask after a moment.
SUNJATA