God Quest like it matters which words lead us home
Remi Taliesin
the Lullaby
Alchemist

Age: 25 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 9 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 65 - Luck: 44
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
Posts: 6,841
MP:
#1
walked out this morning and i wrote down this song.
i just can't remember who to send it to
The Ludo-doll has been warmed all morning beneath the sun, and then tucked against the alchemist's skin on his walk to the herald's woods. It radiates heat, this strange bean-bag of rags and white fingers; not knowing whether or not he'll be permitted to go to Halo for Ludo's festival, Remi thought he'd better bring the doll now so that his benefactor-of-sorts could see what he'd made.

"There's a bit of drool on it." Remi explains to the hollow of the tree that holds lanterns to beckon Ludo with. "Mateo quite likes sleeping with it." He adds with a sigh he tries to clamp his teeth down around.



Remi has received a quest from Ludo!

- Complete a thread getting a feather from a messenger raven
- Complete a thread collecting samples from those who would be included in the charm's radius
- Complete a thread collecting the sap from a Wicker Woman
Spooky Rags


Age: 2 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
Posts: 396
MP:
#2

"Then let him keep it," Ludo says gently from around the hollow of the tree. Its little hands sneak out, fingers like they've been dipped in ink, to tickle at the little bean-bag. Ludo peeps out at it a moment later, glancing up at the Lullaby.

"It's very warm," it remarks, slinking out to settle down with the Ludo doll in its lap. "So angry, sweetling. Always so angry. It is a wonder that you have time to get anything done, with such a sour look on your face all the time."

It pats the forest floor to indicate that Remi ought to sit down as well. "You brought all the things you need?" It knows the alchemist has; asking is just for show, of course.

LUDO
Braved the forests, braved the stone
Braved the icy winds and fire
Braved and beat them on my own

Remi Taliesin
the Lullaby
Alchemist

Age: 25 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 9 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 65 - Luck: 44
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
Posts: 6,841
MP:
#3
walked out this morning and i wrote down this song.
i just can't remember who to send it to
"Body heat and sunlight." The alchemist remarks with a cautious reverence. That he knows how Ludo died is a privilege he doesn't take lightly. That a lack of body heat and sunlight were what killed the herald is not lost on him either.

Glancing at Ludo, Remi stews silently on his words. That he might be the god's chosen certainly doesn't imply he can't be punished in the way he knows the herald is fond of. Still..."There once was a man who would have remained sunny and cheerful despite all this. That man you tried to lead into a swamp to his death. And also into the barrier...to his death." Remi returns dryly, before taking a seat on the ground as well.

Wordlessly he places a dark lock of hair next to a pale curl, a black feather, and a bottle of sap.
Spooky Rags


Age: 2 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
Posts: 396
MP:
#4

"That is true, sweetling. But you just wouldn't die." Ludo sighs, black fingers stroking over the doll's warmth. It regards the feather, the locks of hair, the sap, and tilts its head to the side. "You will receive the Star's letters, if I make this," it explains, motioning to the lock of dark hair. "The ones intended for him, will instead find this charm. Pluck one of your feathers, and I shall make you another. You may gift it to him in a dream."

It is undoubtedly because of Remi's closeness to the herald that it gives him such a boon - others may not have been so lucky, not without an additional price. Perhaps Ludo is simply keen to ensure that Remi does not disappoint in the big picture. "Go on," it invites. "Get it off your chest."

LUDO
Braved the forests, braved the stone
Braved the icy winds and fire
Braved and beat them on my own

Remi Taliesin
the Lullaby
Alchemist

Age: 25 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 9 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 65 - Luck: 44
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
Posts: 6,841
MP:
#5
walked out this morning and i wrote down this song.
i just can't remember who to send it to
"Thank you." The words tumble without preparation from his lips, though the Lullaby even with preparation wouldn't have known a better way to express his gratitude. The pair were meant to be together. There were never supposed to be two charms, and this unexpected gift is as painful a reminder of that, as it is appreciated. Reaching into his curls where feathers suddenly appear, Remi plucks a pale downy whisp of a feather, and hands it softly to Ludo.

Looking at the dirt and extending a clawed finger to score at it while he thinks, eventually the Lullaby just feathers his jaw. "Are the gods always so vague with their requests? In building a stronghold here...am I meant to remain to man it?" What good a fortified structure, if there was no one to actually defend with it? "And this war...if that's what they believe is going to happen, then why not let it. Why this cloak and dagger preparation?"

The Lullaby doesn't actually expect Ludo to answer these questions. He's getting, as the herald suggested, it off his chest. Rubbing at his eyes with a soil-smeared hand and succeeding in only darkening the skin around his pale stare, he looks toward Ludo. "I was going to hold a meeting with the fae to see what they make of this. To suggest that perhaps the trees glow brightly when an ascended enters the Woods to both limit their abilities, and let us know of their movements. Should the fae agree...would you be willing to help us make that happen? Or as Delphia suggested, would we need to call down Mort?"

Or worse yet, Frey.
Spooky Rags


Age: 2 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
Posts: 396
MP:
#6

Ludo says nothing whilst Remi rants, instead leaving the alchemist to relieve himself of his burdens whilst it plays with the feathers and the sap. Before them, the ingredients combine with a soft flash of twilight, revealing two small and wooden charms. Both are in the shape of feathers, one dark, the other pale. He hands them over to Remi, nodding at the pale one as if to tell him that this is the one intended for Ronin.

"If a war is inevitable, we're in a terrible position for one right now. Better to prepare for it a bit first, no?" It rests its hands back around the warm little Ludo turtle. "Perhaps you ought to think of your next step, rather than twelve ahead." And Remi does just that, the herald nodding encouragingly as he speaks about dealing with the Fae.

"I could provide some help, though not in the way you describe. Sunlight is more Safrin's domain, as you're well aware." And it doubts he wants to go chit-chatting to her.



Remi (& Ronin) have received the following:

Finders Seekers | A feather shaped charm, ensuring that ravens always find the recipient to deliver letters safely.
LUDO
Braved the forests, braved the stone
Braved the icy winds and fire
Braved and beat them on my own

Remi Taliesin
the Lullaby
Alchemist

Age: 25 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 9 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 65 - Luck: 44
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
Posts: 6,841
MP:
#7
walked out this morning and i wrote down this song.
i just can't remember who to send it to
Softly Remi takes the feather charms, holding them as delicately and protectively as he might Mateo.

That the sort of help required would come from Safrin had Remi predictably snarling. Ludo is the only one in all the universe who can truly understand the wellspring of his hatred toward the goddess. 'I'd rather seek out Frey.' He says through nearly bared-teeth. No doubt Ronin would ask the goddess for assistance on his behalf, but even that makes Remi's skin want to crawl.

'One step ahead then. Fortifying the Greatwood." Remi concedes. Rising from the ground but not bothering to brush the moss and dirt off of himself, he rubs his thumb softly against the pale wooden feather in his hand. "Thank you, for this." Self-serving though it might be on the herald's part, the alchemist appreciates it immensely just the same.

"Guess I better get to work." He chuckles humourlessly, reaching down to pluck up the Ludo-doll from the herald with a slanted smirk.

~FIN


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)


RPG-D