You should be living a different life
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
SAMUEL

Do you remember what you said to me?
'Cause we lost track of time
"That's probably sensible. Like most people here, I didn't make my house...I have no idea who did. My mentor lived there before me, so it wasn't destroyed when I moved in, but I've seen a lot of people in Sanctuary change ruins into homes." In a way he thought it was quite nice; something once used and loved and gone to ruin resurrected, able to provide joy to people again. He loved the history in the walls of the Settlement, could sometimes feel it when within its rooms.

He'd never pictured himself doing these kinds of missions for the Voice either, and honestly it sometimes still was strange to find himself in the midst of them. "I know. I wonder if people who have been great heroes or adventurers ever felt like this; just totally out of their depth."

Nate gave a very simple, safe, vague answer as for his questions about the past, and Sam's eyes narrowed; he was not the most socially adept person, but he recognised the way Nate's eyes darted away from himself. Not wanting to outright accuse him of omitting truths, Sam just nodded and asked: "So what was the job?"
Yeah, we lost track of time
You always let me down so tenderly
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
– NATE –
"I've helped out with a few things like that." Nate nods along to himself while he speaks. Even on this trip, he'd helped Amun repair a building to be used as his office. It is not what he and Sunjata have planned for their home though. "We picked out a spot already. I'll invite you, when it's done."

"I learned early on that most people are just faking things until it starts to work out." Nate pauses for a moment, doing his best to not let his mind wander to every instance his words applied to himself, doing his best to not think about this conversation as an example. "It has to be the same for all kinds of big shots too. It's... kind of nice, in a way. Reassuring, or whatever." Something about not being the only one to suffer through something made it a touch easier to bear.

Nate licks his lips, narrow eyes searching Sam's face for his intentions before he rolls his shoulders back. "Depends. It changed a lot. Week by week, day by day sometimes." Reaching out to grab his cup again, to  create another moment of silence to arrange his words into something easy to say. "I did work for my old man mostly. Became a kind of jack of all trades." The vagueness is a warning to not ask for specifics again, though Nate is happy enough to steer the conversation into blander memories, things from his childhood and teen years sanitized for Sam's sensibilities. It's actually pleasant to spend an afternoon like this, drinking tea and falling into a strange familiarity. Something they can do again sometime.

Fin
king rat on the streets in another life
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3