the ones who won't forget you
Remi
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Vervain
even the darkest night
will end
"Ah, I see..." Vai smiles sadly at that, turning her hand beneath Remi's so she can give it a warm squeeze in return. "You know, were it for anyone other than Felix, I would still be right here with you," she murmurs. "But Torchline has been good for him. I couldn't make him leave," she says. "That doesn't mean I won't be here at all, though. And it doesn't mean I can't help you out." Leaning in, she kisses his forehead before sitting back again with a quick scrunch of her nose. "Definitely need a shower." She winks.

How is Zeph, though? "He invited us to live with him. He went out sailing, too, at the beginning of Leafchange. All very exciting stuff." Vai grins brightly back at him. "Or was there something more specific you want to know about him?"
and the sun
will rise
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
oh but that's the irony: broken people are not fragile
Gods but he felt sulky. The fae were, in large part, a judgy and unhelpful group (all two of them), Ianto had to remain a fox or cardinal for most of their interactions, and Mateo was just a boy. Remi's days were spent in isolation it felt like. "I appreciate that." Remi replies with a half-hearted smile, before offering the witch a cheeky eye-roll for her continued commentary about his hygiene.

"And will you?" Remi wonders, feeling that old prickle of protective boyish-animosity toward Zeph for no reason other than that Vai would always deserve the best, in his mind. "Sailing? I thought he hated the water." Tossing another piece of bread into his mouth, the alchemist shakes his head; no ulterior motive. No underlying questions.
The Lullaby
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Vervain
even the darkest night
will end
Giving his hand another squeeze, Vai lets him go at last; the worst part about the situation is that she knows she's already doing all that she can to help him. Although... "How would you feel if I asked around Torchline for people to come and help you out here?" she suggests. "There are plenty who would jump at the chance to work with you, and to see a place like the Greatwood. More hands make lighter work, and all." And maybe it will help him to keep his humanity a bit, too.

"I could even see if Felix would help out a few times a week," she considers. "You're still one of his heroes, you know. It would be good for him to stay in touch." That and the boy is literally a bear, and also knows the woods like the back of his hand. Her smile softening as conversation returns to Zeph, Vai shakes her head. "No, he loves the water. He just gets bad seasickness. Luckily, I'm an expert at herbal medicine."
and the sun
will rise
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
oh but that's the irony: broken people are not fragile
The alchemist rolls his shoulders slightly and nods. Offering the witch a rather withering look tied up with a smile, he leans back in his chair, hoping Vai will see this as a signal that Remi is overwhelmed with this conversation. Vai's helpfulness is too bright and fierce for the alchemist's current state of mind, his heart not having caught up with his head on this yet.

'At herbal medicine, mm?" Remi quips with a slanted smile. Glancing over at where Mateo still slept soundly in the bassinet, he looks back toward the witch. "Since I"m apparently so unpleasant to be around, would you mind watching him while I went and rinsed off in the river?"
The Lullaby
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
Vervain
even the darkest night
will end
Of course Vai takes the hint, rising gently to her feet and moving to plant a soft kiss on the crown of his curls, giving his shoulder a reassuring pat. "At herbal medicine and other things, yes," she says with a sly little grin, already moving over to sit down beside the crib where Mateo still sleeps sweetly and soundly. "I think I can just about manage that," she tells him, shooting a grin across to the Lullaby.

"Go rinse off, but don't be too long, okay? Usually I'm an advocate for taking time to yourself, but I feel like you've had a little too much of that lately." Vai winks at Remi, then turns back to the crib so she can fuss further over the sleeping babe within it. One thing is for certain - there's no safer child in the Greatwood, while Remi is away.

~FIN
and the sun
will rise