Training Heart of a Champion
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
- NATE -
don't you pray? don't you pray
to a cocaine jesus in a black four seater?
The sudden fury of her retaliation manages to catches Nate off guard, the smile steeling itself as he was forced to retreat, trying to block the blows, though most of them found their mark. And as quickly as it had begun, the assault was over, Nate's hands still held aloft, jut in case it was a ruse, in case there would be another moment of violence.

A huff of a laugh left him at her words, not an immedaite refusal, but teetering on it. "I can teach you. The healing, at least." Melita was quick as a whip, he had utterly no doubts about her ability to pick up anything he showed her, so long as it held her interest. So long as he sold it on the right angle. "You'd only do as much as you'd want to. Helping to prepare things for the monsoons, or training others, uh... organizing support." His hand rose, utterly causal now, as if his snapping fingers would bring more suggestions to mind. "I'm still working out some of the details, but... just helping. Making Haulani better. Making everywhere we can better."

Gods, when had he become such an idealist? Once, not too long ago, Nate would have dismissed this whole idea as fantasy, but here, now, it seemed close enough to touch, real enough to draw others in. Not that his reasons for asking Mel specifically were entirely charitable. It was an excuse to spend that much more time with his niece, to entwine a little bit more of their time together, when it felt like they all had so little.
got a man, don't need him, but you wait
call me when you want, or just call me when you need it
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
MELITA
No ruses; the honeybee was thoroughly distracted and deterred now, contemplating a next set of actions in groups and shadows. Did she want to be taught any healing measures? Was it just an excuse for her to not bury herself in memories? Was it an opportunity for her to shy away, to not see how unlike her sibling, her mother, she’d been? How the potential for failure would riddle and rankle down upon her shoulders? Or was it another favorable intonation, a chance to become better, brighter, far more skilled in something anyone around her could need? That she wouldn’t be all thorns and fires, all flames and vitriol? Her fingers clenched together tightly, perhaps the only sign of her discomfort, in the uncertainty, in the mercurial, tempestuous whims clinging to her mind. Her skull went a mile a minute, back and forth, forth and back, with the tremulous indications of too many ministrations.

But then there were other notions: assisting with monsoon preparation, training, organizing support, merely extending herself as she’d always done – hardly an alteration in some aspects at all. “Oh,” came first, as if those semblances hadn’t even been considered until this very moment. “I can probably do that.” The lightest of grins fostered its way along her mouth, and a sentiment, a sigh, of relief began to unfurl over the embers of her soul; no need to catch and stoke the fibers, the mettle, the grit. “I help as much as I can anyway.” When she wasn’t sailing, when she wasn’t caught along tides, currents, fathoms, and seas.
help tonight to split its seams
Give the bruises out like gifts
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
- NATE -
Stillness stretches out, and it becomes clear that their spar is over, at least for the moment. Nate straightens again, his hands dropping slowly. There's nothing but still patience in him while Melita takes her time, thinking, deciding, running along the paths of what if and maybe in her russet head. It's a chase Nate knows well, and he'd be remiss if he rushed her along, only to end up at the receiving end of her ire, if not now, then later.

His explanation seems to unlock some extra consideration, the oh making the ascended's head tilt. And the agreement that followed on its heels has his grin growing, his hands coming up again, not in combat, but in affection, settling on her shoulders and squeezing. "Of course you can!" Nate beams, pulling her into a tight hug. "I know you do. I'll let you know when I have things set up, alright? We'll get things rolling." Already he has a plan in place for the building, but the building is only as useful as what happens within it, and that's where he wants Melita's hands, her head. "It'll be fun." It's his last point before he releases her, steps back to lead them out of the ring, training off his mind for the moment.

"You know, I bet if you keep practicing, you'll be able to take Sunjata down in no time." Nate throws the words over his shoulders as he walks to the bar, pouring a glass of water for Mel and offering it out. "But you gotta practice, yea?"
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
MELITA
Melita couldn’t help the small smile etching its way across her features. It was likely in regards to his own – and maybe because she felt like she had another place too. From world to world, from land to land, there’d been something missing, and no matter how hard she dug her feet into the earth, she still came uprooted, lacking, or simply not wanted. Not necessary. And despite all this, the youth still strived, still tried, to the best of her inept abilities, snarling and growling, thunderous and wild, mercurial and tempestuous, unleashing and unfurling the only ways she knew how. With a snap to jaws or claws, with a struggle to protect herself and her loved ones and try not to be overcome when she wasn’t enough –

But Nate squeezed her shoulders, and the youth steeled herself again, a massive inhale and exhale, the worn grin widening. “Sure,” she laughed to all of it, following out of the ring, and struggling not to flicker into some sort of irritation when Sunjata was mentioned.

As if she was somehow less.

“I can beat him other ways,” was a mulish snort of wrinkle to her nose, but she took the water anyway, sipping, then chugging, not realizing how parched she’d become. “I’ll practice.”
help tonight to split its seams
Give the bruises out like gifts
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
Their smiles matched, something that seems to tickle Nate as he offers his hand to his niece as she steps down, bowing playfully as she goes. He’s excited for this. Looking forward to it in a way he can’t remember ever feeling before. Though, how many times before can he say he’s bull something with his own two hands, that he’s nurtured it, helped it to grow and shared it with people? Never, before this. And having Melita there only makes it all the sweeter. Even if her sudden shift in attitude throws him for a loop.

”Of course you can.” Nate agrees without a shadow of hesitation, considering asking what exactly had spurred this on before thinking better of it. Her glass was filed up again as soon as it was emptied, and the pitcher set down on the counter. ”I never said you couldn’t. But once you get enough practice in, you’ll beat him at this too.”

It was enough of a lesson for the moment, and he’d gotten the chance to invite Melita his guild (an offer that will come in a more official manner, in the next few days, once things are set up). So much of the season had felt like he was trying to catch up to things, finally it felt like he had gotten a moment to breathe. And there was no one he’d rather spend it with, conversation, and more catching up flowing easily between them.

Fin~