she that made us first to be

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
the VOICE
In reality's shadow the blind see best
"They dislike them of course." Turning to Belril again with Wessex's hint as to his race well taken, she frowns. "There are strange creatures that linger outside the gates to Stormbreak capable of capturing any abandoned who try and approach. And should any make it into their city? They die instantly. Just as babies do when born within."

She doesn't need to say how barbaric this is.

'The Order, then.' She agrees with a nod, before Belril speaks up again. Smiling sadly, the goddess merely shakes her head, lips folding into a frown. "Because the old gods were jealous. They masked their envy with fear, telling all what a threat I posed and painting my actions out to be wicked, vile, and almost blasphemous." She pauses. "That was a long time ago. Now the Order merely stands in opposition to myself, their judgements and racism extending to the rest of family"

Sitting up straighter, the Voice considers the task at hand. "In order to block them from entering the Grounds, we must first establish a firm perimeter. You may use these to do so—" Three glowing orbs of electricity appear from the Voice's hand, floating softly toward Amun. "We will also need to better know those we are trying to keep away. They all wear the same sort of ring and carry the same compass...if you can take one, our work will be far easier. If not, seeing two of them in action should be enough."

Tasks. There is no time limit. There are currently 11 active Grounders. This means 5 unique characters have to participate (SCs do not count - they can participate, but they don't count toward completing tasks). Characters can participate more than once. Wessex, Amun, Bastien, and Oliver must participate in at least 1 thread. Wessex must participate in 2.

1. 3 threads placing the glowing orbs around the perimeter of the HG (Outskirts, Woodlands, Fields) (4 posts per member)
2. 2 threads with members of the Order witnessing the use of one of their rings/compass, OR steal/take/procure a ring/compass (4 posts per member).

* 50% of those with Hollowed Ground as their citizenship must participate in at least 1 thread, contributing at least 3 posts. All members of government must participate. Leaders must participate twice.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
empires fall when we move the unmovable, so tell me all of my secrets, tell me all of my lies,
While Wessex may not fully understand why Belril chose to ask that particular question now, she fully recognizes the importance of discourse. In fact, she feels a pang of something, (something that she’ll later identify as jealousy, missing her one-on-one time with her Goddess something fierce) when her lady begins to talk about the Order, but shoves it down and hides it by taking the offered orbs.

One she pockets, the other goes to Amun, “Take Belril and Oliver and put this in the Fields.” The third is offered to Henry, as the other adult in the room, also with a short instruction, “Find Bastien and please put this in the Woodlands.” She would take someone else - Azrael, perhaps - and put their orb in the Outskirts.

As for the rest of the tasks… well that would be something to scheme about later, for she has no doubt that find the Order and watching - or tricking - them into using their objects will be an easy thing to do. It might be as much luck as it is opportunity and planning, maybe even going beyond the Grounds. “Perhaps we ought to have some eyes and ears in Halo and Torchline,” she muses aloud, partially to herself and partially to Amun. Looking up at the Voice, Wessex nods and sighs inwardly, privately longing for a time for just herself and her Lady. Alas, responsibilities first.

“Thank you,” the demigod offers  at the end, simple and genuine.
WESSEX
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my love affair with water runs deep into my soul,
the serenity as intense as the tides ebb and flow
Letting the dialogue play out between Belril, Wessex, and the Voice, Amun grinned when they came to a final decision. Taking the orb that the Wraith offered, he beamed at her and their goddess in turn. "Will do. Thank you, my lady, as always for your blessings and your insights."

He whistled at Belril. "Come on kiddo, you're with me. We'll swing by and pick up Oliver on the way to the Fields. " Nodding at the Voice and the queen, the advisor turned to go.

However, he didn't miss Wessex's final comment. We already do, he reminded her telepathically before he left her range. Shoot Neron and Nate a message asking them to give us a heads up whenever they see an Order member out and about. Then you can port to their location, stun them, and take what we need. Pausing, he added, We might need to give them some way of communicating with you swiftly, he acknowledged.
nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it
AMUN
Henry Walker
Advisor

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
HENRY
I was waiting for something extraordinary
but as the years wasted on...
Henry stood silently by as the Voice answered Belril's questions, explaining what had happened to her. He paid careful attention to what she was telling them, her account of how things had played out. She'd certainly gotten the short end of the stick all that time ago... Henry felt pity for her plight as a New God against the Old Gods. Though he may never be able to fully understand the difficulties she faced, he felt all the more motivated to do something about the Order and he wouldn't be afraid to relay such facts to others.

His dark blue eyes widened in surprise as three glowing lights appeared straight from the goddess. Wessex took them without hesitation and divvied them out between herself, Amun, and Henry. He hesitated to simply take it, worried that it might electrocute him since he wasn't an Ascended. But he found that it did not, to his pleasant surprise. He nodded to Wessex's order for him, "Gladly."
nothing ever did
unless I caused it
Belril Sylminar
Alchemist

Age: 22 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Tesability Offline
Change author:
MP: 360
Belril
Every day's a challenge
But I always seem to get through
Belril snapped out of his momentary state of depression upon being, causing him to stand up fully after realizing he accidentally leaned against Wessex during so. "S-Sorry," he said before taking a few steps towards Amun. "A-alright," he said with a quick yet nervous nod, beginning to follow after the council Ascended before he stopped and turned back towards the Voice. He shut his eyes tightly before lowering his head a little, swallowing his fear for the time as he looked back towards the Voice.

"...I admittedly frequent Torchline on daily trips and will start heading into Halo as well during such. It's very likely I'll run into at least one member of the Order and I might be more able to get them to talk, since..." At this point, he raised up his wrists to better show the bracelets he had been wearing, near-matching bracelets of silver that widened into circles at the back of his hands. In those circles is where they stopped matching, for one had emblems representing Vi and the other representing Mort. Life and Death.

"These lost whatever power they had when I first wore them...because of being...Abandoned..." Belril managed to say, the fear of judgement creeping in as he hoped someone wouldn't suddenly turn on him for it. "But, maybe they can be used to somehow allow me a way to at least alert the Ascended residing here that I found one of the Order without giving me away. I don't think they'd expect someone like me to be aiding the people here."

He then lowered his hands so that they could return to being by his sides before shifting his eyes side to side. "Though, anything that could make the bracelets seem like they still have their old divine power...whatever they could have been...would make it easier for me to pretend to be one of the Accepted when talking to such people," he confessed. Hard to make yourself something you're not if you don't have a way to back the claim, after all.

He didn't expect the Voice to anything for him, honestly, he wasn't of the Ascended. Didn't stop him from being slightly hopeful after seeing what felt like a kindred soul separated by literal centuries.
Each day's a balancing act
Of good and bad events
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
empires fall when we move the unmovable, so tell me all of my secrets, tell me all of my lies,
Well… it’s not a bad idea, at it’s core. Wessex also pauses and latches on to a bit that the kid had to say. An idea slowly forms, though it isn’t quite what Belril might want, it’s worth a suggestion. “Halo is unreachable to most people during Deepfrost… but not me.” She turns to Belril and looks down, preferring not to squat and infantilize ther person who had made a valuable suggestion. “We do have allies in Torchline who have their eyes and ears out - but if you could part with those for a season and perhaps, Lady,” turning her head now to look at her Goddess, “if the bracelets could just signal something to each other, we might have Halo covered. Other than LongNight, of course.”

Because there are other things to do at LongNight. And Neron had promised to be here. Even if Wessex has to fetch him here herself.
WESSEX

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
the VOICE
In reality's shadow the blind see best
'All members of the Order have the ability to detect other Accepted. It is a clever idea, but one they'll see through right away. " The Voice notes, nodding softly towards the bracelets that the young boy wears.

With a final look to Wessex and a silent warning of, be clever, my brightest, the Voice takes her leave of them. For while they work there are things that she must do to make this plan a possibility.