she that made us first to be
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
empires fall when we move the unmovable, so tell me all of my secrets, tell me all of my lies,
Decisions made, the Queen sends a note to the three members of her council to meet her at the Temple. It’s time for a big request, and though their Lady has rarely denied them anything, it seems proper for her Advisors to be there, even if one of them may not want to be. Tough shit. That’s what being on the Council entails.

The door remains to the public in case any would like to witness this event) as the Wraith steps inside and makes a beeline for the altar. She comes without gifts, for their Goddess has never asked for such things; no pomp or circumstance adorn the Natural as she comes to stand before the altar, a small smile on her face. If her Advisors fall in, then so be it, but she makes no indication that they have too. “Lady,” the demigoddess begins, tilting her face up. “We’re here to ask you for aid. Our home needs defenses, protection from the Order. Can you help us?”

Of course she can; whatever doubts Wessex may have have never been about her Lady's abilties. In the Queen's mind it's only a matter of to what degree she can help.
WESSEX
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my love affair with water runs deep into my soul,
the serenity as intense as the tides ebb and flow
Amun arrived at the appointed time. Sidling up to Wessex, he nodded at her. There was a journal tucked under one arm and a piece of charcoal clutched in his hand. He didn't think he'd need to take notes, but it never hurt. Glancing around at the Temple, he went to lean against the nearest wall, facing the shrine.

Grinning, he went essentially motionless in the way only Ascended could. Like the Wraith, the potter had zero doubts that the Voice could offer them some degree of protection. Even better, she'd be honest about what she could and couldn't offer and what those defenses would require of her people.
nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it
AMUN
Belril Sylminar
Alchemist

Age: 22 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Tesability Offline
Change author:
MP: 360
Belril
Every day's a challenge
But I always seem to get through
While the teen is very-skittish, he is also an equal amount of curious. And it is that curiosity that brings him to the shrine this day, even if he isn't sure his presence is a wise idea. From what he understood, even the Voice didn't exactly appreciate the presence of the Abandoned, though he wasn't exactly sure why.

After entering the room with the shrine, he decided to stay close to one of the walls by the door incase a fast exist is required for some reason while staying quiet. He hoped he didn't have to leave, he had never seen any of the gods or goddesses in action, after all.

He just hoped that the Voice won't lash out just from him being there, he had come to be taught that all of the gods and goddesses hated the Abandoned, from both his own parents and the one that took care of him when those parents abandoned him...
Each day's a balancing act
Of good and bad events
Henry Walker
Advisor

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
HENRY
I was waiting for something extraordinary
but as the years wasted on...
Henry made his way into the temple, his boots making muffled sounds against the glossy floors as he approached. He made his way to the back of the temple, where the people of the Hollowed Grounds came to worship their gods of choice. Henry did not visit often... but he knew this place, nonetheless. He felt a bit compelled to show his face for the time being, unless he was turned away. He was thankful not to be, however, as he entered the room and noticed the Queen, Amun, and... a pleasant surprise in Belril's presence - to which he waved.

He entered respectfully silent, having nothing to add as Wessex began. His feet whispered across to Belril's side, where he offered the boy a small smile. He stood against the wall beside him, hoping that was alright, and watched and listened with great interest. He favored the Voice even though he was not Ascended and had little to no interest in becoming so. He'd rather pray to her than the Old Gods but, still, he had some hesitations. Maybe today would change that.

Maybe not.
nothing ever did
unless I caused it

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
the VOICE
In reality's shadow the blind see best
"The Order..." The Voice appears in a bright flash of electricity. Given that this is a rare appearance—the Voice normally only appearing for the ascended—there is perhaps more dazzle and glamour which accompany her. This is a time for making friends, is it not? Especially with the threat of war sounding its horn across the hills?

She is timeless but youthful, with sleek dark hair that shines blue in the electric light. With eyes as vivid as the current that hums through her, she sits almost daintily upon the shrine, gazing at all those who have arrived. Wessex of course knows her thoughts on the Order, but perhaps it was time to let the others know as well.

"My bright ones, and citizens of the Hollow Ground...For my entire life, the Order has tried to keep me down. As a girl, centuries ago, they kicked me out of their city for nothing more than my efforts to provide comforts and conveniences so its citizens. Comforts like the portals, which I'm sure you can all see for yourselves, the benefits of." There are no theatrics here, just cold facts, of which her expressions suggest there are many.

"If it is simply a defence against the Order...we can prevent them from entering into the Grounds, if you wish it." She asks, her enigmatic blue stare now turned toward Wessex.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
empires fall when we move the unmovable, so tell me all of my secrets, tell me all of my lies,
Keenly aware of the others who are there - Amun, ever present (Goddess, he doesn’t get enough credit, does he?), but Belril and Henry are a welcome surprise - she flashes them all a tight smile as the Voice arrives, radiant and eternally youthful. The Queen’s face seems to soften a little bit, the hardness in her melting under her Lady’s light. She can appreciate a good show.

“Not just the Order, if it’s not too much to ask. Anyone who could be under their influence. Anyone who would harm the Ascended or attack the Grounds.” Wessex fully realizes that’s a lot to ask. “Is it possible to assess a non-Grounder’s intentions as they enter?” Some mind-reading magic? Some tech? The people voted for an alarm system, but what’s better than an alarm system? Something that keeps them out in the first place.

Sorry not sorry.
WESSEX

Change author:
the VOICE
Not just the Order. The Voice sits up a touch at that. Careful, my brightest star. Radical segregation under the guise of protection is what placed us all within that barrier—This is said that only the ascended might hear, the Voice's expression remaining polite as the Queen continues to explain her thoughts.

"Intentions are difficult. Mortals have...such fleeting allegiances and fielty to their ideals." The goddess replies, out loud this time. "Such programs would be difficult to create. How far in the future would we worry about the intentions? What about spontaneous violence? What about those who would attack an ascended but not because they were an ascended.." She shrugs. The flaw is not with Wessex, but with the Voice's own limits when it came to this sort of coding. Unlike the other gods, she was not afraid or shy to admit her limitations.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my love affair with water runs deep into my soul,
the serenity as intense as the tides ebb and flow
Amun watched the exchange between Wessex and the Voice closely. Every now and then, his eyes strayed to the other two men who were there. Frowning at the goddess' words, he tapped his finger against the cover of his journal as he mulled over his possibilities.

Then he sent a quick though to the Wraith, though their goddess likely could hear it too. What if, instead of a warning system, we implemented something that provided residents of the Hollowed Ground protection against threats while they were in the region? It was different than what the people had asked for, but would potentially have the same benefits without some of the difficulties the Voice was laying out.
nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it
AMUN
Belril Sylminar
Alchemist

Age: 22 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Belril
Every day's a challenge
Belril smiled back at Henry's arrival and wave, thankful he wouldn't be the only one present that was not of the Ascended...which was a small comfort to him, no offense meant to the others, in a way he couldn't yet know how to explain.

Belril's eyes widened upon seeing the the form that the Voice chose for use, wondering if the apparent goddess preferred being known as such. He was taking in every detail he could with his eyes, wondering if he would ever see any of the Gods, old or new, ever again.

With her appearance...if he hadn't known better, he'd almost say she was about his own age with her chosen appearance. However, what she said caused a frown to appear on his face. If she was once alive...was she once Abandoned, too, he asked in his head before steeling his nerves.

"E-excuse me," he said with his words starting as a bit of a squeak at first. "I have a question for you, if you are willing to answer, Lady Voice." As he approached, he still couldn't help but act meek around the Voice...after all, he was Abandoned and he was made to believe that none of the gods liked the Abandoned...though he did wonder if it was possible that he had been taught wrong about the Voice on that front.

Because he wasn't Ascended, he didn't hear the telepathic communication, and therefore wasn't aware that he was possibly intruding on a conversation. He didn't pass the Ascended as he approached, whom seemed rightfully in the front and the closest to the Voice, but he did find himself standing near and slightly behind Wessex.
Of good and bad events
Henry Walker
Advisor

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
HENRY
I was waiting for something extraordinary
but as the years wasted on...
In a flash of electric light, she is there; the Voice. Though she's much more than that, appearing as an eternally youthful woman. There was a song in the air as she seated herself on the shrine. Her striking eyes graced over Henry. His own gaze was widened in wonder. He remained still, looking up at the Voice as she addressed the issue of the Order. She shared her own experience, of being cast away for who she was. Judging from the look in her magnetic eyes, there was more to tell.

His gaze flicked back over Wessex and Amun, expecting Wessex to simply continue forward with the plans of keeping the Order out of the Grounds. Only, she wanted to take it a step further. Henry had some doubts about the initial request of some kind of alarm system. He had to question if figuring out the intent of a person would be so easy - let alone anyone who entered the Grounds. He glanced over at Amun to see the man's reaction to all of it but, as far as Henry knew, he remained silent and didn't give anything away. He supposed any measure of defense against the Order would be great but, if he was in Wessex's shoes, he would try to go above and beyond for his people too.

Belril stepping forward surprised Henry the most, out of everything else going on around them. For someone so timid, he found that to be pretty bold. But he didn't move to stop him, didn't really move from his place in the background, a mere witness to everything going on with his own opinions being guarded carefully to himself. Henry was curious what Belril wanted to ask that might have been so important to interrupt Wessex and the Voice.
nothing ever did
unless I caused it
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Wessex mentally grimaces at the gentle rebuff, once again made aware that the Voice has a far more reaching vision that her own. She doesn’t want to fall into the same trap she’s accused Morgan of, and she doesn’t want to keep everyone from the Ground. Intentions will always be tricky, ever shifting, always justified to one’s self, so perhaps that’s too much to mess with. “Right, of course. Very good points,” she acknowledges aloud and with a slightly chastised smile, now very aware of the non-Ascended behind her.

Time to talk it out. “And trying to prevent groups from coming in would be equally pointless, they’d either come in in ones or twos, or some other small number to circumvent the rule, which they would undoubtedly find out about, because nothing stays secret here for long.” Bitter? No. Wry? Most certainly. The Queen nibbles on her bottom lip, voicing Amun’s thoughts. “I still think the Order is our biggest threat, despite the demigod’s strengths. We could try for individual protections for Grounders while they’re here, but that doesn’t stop anyone from coming in and spying or many coming in and oh, I don’t know, rounding folks up.” Is it hyperbole, the way she speaks? Perhaps, but if we’re thinking of the worst case scenario, she has to go there.

Then Belril steps up and grabs everyone's attention. The Wraith turns a surprised eye to the boy, but as it’s also time to make friends and show off the Voice’s power, she nods an assent to the interruption and looks back to the Voice, hoping his question is somewhat on topic.
WESSEX

Change author:
the VOICE
The Voice nods, agreeing with the winding thoughts of her brightest light. "And the Order have made their alliances and intentions quite clear." Which was to say that no one would be surprised at this travel-ban. Of course stopping the Order is clearly only something which is advantageous to us. Perhaps we might frame it as ensuring that there is no collateral damage to the non-ascended residents of the Grounds? The Voice whispers to Amun and Wessex.

As Belril steps forward, the Voice turns her electric gaze upon him. Free of any expression which might indicate what her thoughts are on this interruption. "If it is about the matter at hand, feel free."
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
It might be advantageous to Abandoned, too. If they hated you for what you did and have held a grudge this long, I can only imagine they’d hold the same kind of thing towards the race you once were. Hate is insidious, and it already has a hold on their culture. The Ascended need allies, and Abandoned would be ideal, if they could only find some common ground - perhaps this is it.

“What do they think about Abandoned?” She glances towards Belril as if to say, he’s one of them, not the Order, but a magic user. “Perhaps this could be a place for anyone trying to get away from them, if need be.” Or taking a stand against them, anyone who might oppose a secret, know-all organization. She glances again to Belril and as the kid hasn’t yet spoken up, Wessex continues on after only a brief moment, nodding decisively once.

“Let’s do that, then. Keep the Order out of the Grounds.” She sounds sure of the decision, already starting to think about how she’d explain this switch to the people.

Then there’s how they’ll do that. The Queen is awfully curious, her Lady’s technological prowess never ceasing to amaze her.
WESSEX
Belril Sylminar
Alchemist

Change author:
Belril
Every day's a challenge
"M-my question i-is more about this, Belril started to say, suddenly feeling like he was interrupting something unseen, but wasn't sure what. "Why would this 'Order' punish you so harshly for trying to improve everyone's lives in multiple ways? It seems to border self-destruction to punish probably anyone that tried to make people's lives better if what they did to you happened to others as well."

Belril somewhat shied away from Wessex upon realizing she was looking at him in regards to the Abandoned question, feeling quietly called out a bit. "...I don't know if my parents were any part of Order, but if they comprise almost entirely of Accepted,  they likely despise them." A shudder came over him when he gulped before they continued. "They often spoke of how Abandoned were nothing more than cattle with power that needed to be either tightly leashed or...desposed of...promptly..."

He suddenly felt the need to lean against Wessex's side, looking down and playing with a pair of near-matching silver bracelets on his wrists, bracelets of a kind that would often be seen on an Accepted instead...
Of good and bad events