no act of charity goes unresented
For Morgan
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
whatever comes, let it come
what stays, let it stay
Loren had glared at the spot Finn had just disappeared from for a long moment. It wasn't until Astra nudged the healer that he realized he was growling and fur had spread across his arms again, his teeth were fang-like, and his fingers clawed. Shoving back against his chair, he stalked out of the infirmary, taking deep breaths as he did. His luxere stared after him, but stayed behind.

By the time he reached Morgan's office, the shifting was mostly under control. Only his eyes, gleaming like a lion's, remained. He rapped his knuckles against the wood of the door. "Warden Aristomache? It's Loren. Might I have a moment of your time? I just met a member of the Order." He stepped back, clasping his hands behind his back.
what goes, let go
LOREN
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
There's nothing you believe you want
Morgan looked up from her desk, quite surprised at what she saw - not because it was Loren, but because of the odd sheen to his eyes, which were feline in nature. She rose an eyebrow, wondering what had happened to make him quite so agitated; he didn't make her wait long for that answer, swiftly revealing that he'd met a member of The Order.

Having only recently heard of the organisation from Deimos, it seemed that these people were suddenly becoming very relevant. Morgan straightened up and nodded, gesturing for Loren to sit opposite her. "I see. You seem stressed. Did you argue with this person?" She knew they held rather extreme views, but not how open they were with them; it certainly sounded like she herself wouldn't get along with a member, so she wouldn't blame Loren if he had failed to.
But where were you when it all came down on me?
Morgan
Base Code by Sky!
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
what stays, let it stay
Now that Loren could see Morgan clearly, he frowned. The Warden looked off. Eyes shifting back to human, he walked closer to her, sweeping his gaze over her body. "Are you feeling alright?" She was pale, with dark circles under her eyes, far unlike the strong and vibrant appearance she usually sported.

Holding out his hands, he jerked his chin at her. "Let me check your pulse." He narrowed his eyes, almost daring her to try and refuse him.

Shrugging at her question, he sighed. "We didn't argue, exactly. But he made it clear the Order has designs against the Ascended and the Voice. When I pressed him on what those designs might be, he became evasive before...disappearing." His jaw feathered with tension as he gritted his teeth.
what goes, let go
LOREN
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Morgan frowned as Loren suddenly approached concern, raising an eyebrow at him and leaning back away from his hands. "I feel completely fine, Loren. I'd like you to tell me why you think this is necessary before you start examining me." The Warden was not ill, nor was she hungry or particularly tired; was Loren so eager for work he was making up illness where there was none now?

At least when it came to the Order, while it was new to her, she had a definite idea of what they were talking about. "I've been told their goals are to entirely eliminate the Ascended; obviously, we cannot allow that to happen. I have yet to determine if they're any real threat, though, or just a fringe band of vocal lunatics. What do you think, having met one of them?" If the group was simply a lot of loud angry men yelling, well. Morgan had dealt with more than enough of those.
Morgan
Base Code by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
what stays, let it stay
Loren narrowed his eyes at Morgan. "Your skin is pale and clammy looking and there are deeper circles under your eyes than usual, which are the signs of any number of disorders. Although you might feel alright, I'd prefer to let the healer determine whether or not you are healthy." With that, his fingers twitched again. "Wrist. Pulse. Let me do my job."

Shrugging at her questions, he sighed. His eyes still trailed over her, looking for additional issues he might've missed. "He said it was ancient, existing since the last war. I got the sense that they were both well-organized and had plans in motion already, but that's mostly speculation."
what goes, let go
LOREN
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
Morgan almost rolled her eyes at his description of her features, having seen herself that morning and not noticed any of those things. If he felt it was absolutely necessary though, she supposed it was easier to simply let him feel her wrist over hearing about her refusal for however long it bothered him. With a face that clearly said I don't have time for this, she held out her arm towards him, wrist upturned.

What she did have time for was new information concerning the Order. Hearing they were apparently well established and prepared was a worry; as soon as Loren freed her wrist she grasped some paper and a pen and looked up to him. "Describe for me the man you met. In as much detail as you can - did he give you a name?" Perhaps she could invite, or rather take the man for a visit.
Morgan
Base Code by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
what stays, let it stay
With a face that clearly said Morgan needed to make time for this, that she was being a baby, and that, as a healer, his feelings on the matter superseded hers, Loren took the wrist she offered. He turned it over so his fingers could find her pulse. It took him a few adjustments until he found the beat. When he did, he began to count.

Releasing her, he stepped back with a frown. "It's weaker than I would like. Were you injured recently? Have there been any changes in your sleep or diet? Has there been an undue amount of stress or any recent changes in your life?" As he rattled off the question, he pulled a journal and some charcoal from his cloak.

"His name was Finn Rosencrantz. Dark hair, slightly taller than me. Wore glasses. Features bore a shocking resemblance to Remi." Biting his lip, his brow furrowed. He tapped a foot as well.
what goes, let go
LOREN
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
Taking her wrist back, Morgan looked at Loren with a mild surprise as he rattled off his questions, having expected to be told she was totally fine (as she felt). Either he was making something up to save face, or she had some kind of asymptomatic illness (or, and this possibility didn't escape her, she was just starting to look older, which was depressing). "No injuries, no changes. I'm always stressed." Morgan laughed; she hardy had a relaxing job.

The description of Finn didn't help much; she hadn't seen anyone like that, and she was sure he wasn't accusing Remi of a disguise. Still, the name was worth noting down and Morgan took out her own charcoal and paper, scribbling it out so she could do something about it later. "Did he seem like he was up to something here?"
Morgan
Base Code by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
what stays, let it stay
Frowning, Loren swept his gaze over her again. He drummed his fingers on her desk. "The circles and the paleness could be exhaustion and stress, but that doesn't explain the clamminess or the weak heartbeat." Standing up straight, he clasped his hands behind his back. "With your permission, I'd like to conduct a physical exam." He met her gaze squarely, eyes narrowing slightly.

Biting his lip, he shrugged. "He came here to ask me a bunch of questions about my trip to the lightning storms. Mostly, he wanted to know why they were dissipating." Sighing, he spread his hands. "I told him that it was likely because Rae had determined they had served their purpose."
what goes, let go
LOREN
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
Morgan
You've been holding on a long time
And all this longing

"A physical exam." Morgan repeatedly flatly, clearly not impressed with the idea, but nodding all the same. "What's involved in that?" She really didn't have the time or patience for a full ordeal of getting stripped and prodded at for a half hour, which she still felt was unnecessary, for the most part. That Loren's observations could be a result of her time spent with Neron did not occur to her, since he had only drunk from her the once.

The questions that the Order member had asked were not what Morgan was expecting; she made a quick note underneath the man's name and frowned as she thought it over, wondered if this affected Halo. "Do you know why he was in the Citadel?"

And the ships are left to rust
That's what the water gave us
the Firebrand

Change author:
what stays, let it stay
"A physical exam," Loren responded in exactly the same tone. Shrugging at Morgan's question, he waved a hand in the air. "You'd need to strip, and I'd check your body all over. I might ask you to do a few things, like touch your toes, test your reflexes, that sort of thing." Frowning, he crossed his arms. "It should be fairly routine, and I might start insisting on doing the whole council having regular check-ups soon."

Nodding at her question, he peered at her notes but didn't comment on them. "Near as I can tell, he just came to ask me about the storms. He disappeared after he got the information he needed, though he wasn't happy with the questions I started asking him." He gritted his teeth.
what goes, let go
LOREN
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
Morgan
And all this longing

As soon as Loren mentioned she'd need to strip, Morgan shook her head. There was her already-there annoyance about having to do this at all, but now in addition to having to disrobe before a member of her council...thirdly, she realised with a sigh that that would also reveal the bite marks on her neck, which were hardly deep, but if Loren knew what they were, it would be obvious. "I really think that's unnecessary. If I actually feel unwell in the next days, I will seek you out. But it's quite the intrusion into my day right now."

That Loren felt the Order member had come to speak especially to him was certainly interesting...it was, she supposed, a relief that they didn't have any apparent specific designs on the Citadel, but worrying that they knew details of people and their journeys. Frowning she nodded, no more questions but a lot of thinking to do about this stranger.

the Firebrand

Change author:
what stays, let it stay
Frowning at Morgan's refusal, Loren stared at her for a moment. As he did, his fingers drummed a beat on the Warden's desk. Finally, he nodded, just once. "Fine. Compromise. Come to the infirmary tomorrow regardless of how you feel and let me give you a physical."

Stepping back, he folded his arms across his chest. Meeting her gaze directly, he stuck his chin out a bit. "You might think I'm being stubborn about this, but I'm just trying to do my job, honest. Best case, I'm wrong and the worst you'll get is a bit of poking and prodding." He pressed his lips together, regarding her steadily as if daring her to refuse.
what goes, let go
LOREN
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
Morgan
And all this longing

Loren's 'compromise' didn't so much get rid of the problem as much as delay it, but Morgan nodded; over the night she could work out a way to cover the bite marks. As much as she did feel fine, there was a part of her that wanted to go anyway; Loren's insistence that she was apparently obviously ill was beginning to make her worry. "Fine. I will come tomorrow and you can poke and prod as much as you want."

Assuming that was all Loren had to say, she nodded and looked back down to her desk. "Thank you for the information about the Order. I have not decided what to do about it yet, but I am certain we haven't heard the last of them."

{FIN}