Merchants and Rumors
For Sunjata
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

A panther in the night, a fire burning bright.

It was midday and Ray found herself walking through the port. She had just finished up a rather fruitful meeting with one of her spies. Apparently the recently discovered Draig Cordillera was a rather dangerous place from which few had returned. Those that were lucky enough to escape whispered about various dangers. One persona even insisted that there were dragons guarding the mountains.  That tidbit had only been proclaimed by one of the individuals Ray's spy had met. Not enough for Ray to take it seriously. But it would be interesting to see if similar reports came through in the future. If there were dragons guarding the mountains, then that required something worth guarding hidden within the rock and snow.

But those musings were for another day.  So for now Ray wandered the port aimlessly, listened to conversations and browsing the merchant's wares. Perhaps one had come in with a useful herb? Or maybe a new dagger that Ray could buy?

r a y

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
—Albert Camus

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
if there's one thing the gods love, it's tragedy
The Port always seemed to be bustling. Today wasn’t any different, especially as he drifts down toward it to the shops, in search of something for Nate – because he’d been given a beautiful gift, and seeing as Sunjata’s quite competitive when it comes to gifting, he can’t quite let Nate just get away with it. So he makes his way there, Haai tucked at his side with her wings folded in tight, large fuzzy head peering around each time they stop.

Initially, he stops by a space that has jewels and jewelry, pausing as he considers maybe getting him something there, but no. He’d done that last time. He can’t repeat himself, after all. So he shifts his attention to something else, the weaponry one, pausing with his tattooed arms folded across his chest as he debates between throwing axes and bows. But he spies a crossbow in the corner, his steel eyes slipping toward the griffin at his side. “You think he’d like that?” His accented rumble crosses the air as he focuses on his companion, as the griffin’s emerald gaze drifts toward the crossbow in question, before she’s moving and her wings loosen a bit as she tries to get a bit more of a closer look toward it, the edges of her feathers nearing Ray close enough that it might brush by her legs.
with wings that burn and boys who fall
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ray Lunarium

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

Ray was eying a particularly interesting set of daggers when she felt something brush her leg. Glancing down, she noted a with wide eyes that there was a griffin. Although having heard of them, Ray had never seen one in person and she was instantly distracted. Ray followed the griffin's line of sight to the crossbow, and completely ignoring Sunjata took a step to the side, making room for the creature. "There you, now you can see." She told the griffin with a smile.

Ray then glanced over the griffin to see who in the world would have one as a companion, finally noticing Sunjata. "Hi Sunjata, is this little friend yours?"

r a y

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
—Albert Camus

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
As Ray moves slightly and the griffin can slip by her more, the wolfish magpie cross lifts her head to peer at the woman with a puff of smoke from her maw, a swift ‘thank you’ from the griffin before she gets a bit closer, sends those mental flickers of images to Sunjata from her closer vantage point. The governor, however, isn’t too distracted to not hear Ray speak – a familiar enough voice that has his head turning toward her.

Immediately there’s an easy smile, a nod as he moves to go and stand beside her so they can talk easier. “She is, yeah. This is Haai.” He says, unfolding one arm to gesture to the griffin. “She’s a bit more of a pain in my ass though, if I’m being honest.” A quiet huff of a laugh slips from him with that smaller comment, before he’s noticing the daggers that she’d been eyeing. “Are you here to look for something new and shiny?” He asks, raising a dark brow, head nodding toward the set of daggers.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ray Lunarium

Change author:

"Haai huh?" Ray asked, chuckling at Sunajata's description of his companion. She glanced at the griffin. "Don't worry, I know he's lying. You couldn't possibly do anything wrong." Ray said with a grin, giving the griffin another smile. What could she say? Ray loved animals of all kinds, even mythical ones. So of course she would instantly take Haai's side. Plus she wanted to pet the griffin so maybe she was being manipulative and buttering her up.

Ray gave the griffin one last glance before replying to Sunjata. "I am actually. When I heard about The Wilds all I could think was how many new herbs and spices could be hidden there. I figured I stock up on my throwing knives and supplies and maybe check it out for myself. But then I got distracted by these new daggers." Ray shrugged with an easy smile, gesturing to the many weapons on display. "I'm debating whether or not to buy one for myself. They're beautifully crafted, strong too. But do I want to spend my money on weapons or save for Deepfrost?" Ray sighed. "Decisions are hard." Ray shook her head slightly, her brow furrowed in indecisiveness.

"You were looking at the crossbow right? Planning a trip of some kind?" She inquired, still trying to make a decision.

r a y

—Albert Camus

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Sunjata can’t  help the amused roll of his eyes in response to Ray’s commentary to the griffin, Haai on the other hand offering quite the canine grin and slinking closer to the other attuned, a pointed look back at Sunjata that seems to say ‘ha, fuck you’ which only has Sunjata reaching up with a hand to rub at the side of his face with a quiet groan. “That’s how she gets you.” He offers, fingers parting across his face so that he might wink to Ray, before the hand falls from his face again and he huffs a quiet laugh.

It fades easily at the mention of the Wilds, a nod given to the woman. “Might be a dangerous adventure.” He murmurs thoughtfully, steel gaze eyeing the daggers again. “Never hurts to have extra protection. What are you planning on saving for, for Deepfrost, if you don’t mind me asking?” He hadn’t really heard much of people saving up for Deepfrost, but he supposes it makes sense. Typically Sunjata’s books got fuller when the colder season rolled around, at least back when he was in the Grounds. The VlamVloed was almost always busy during the snows.

His gaze drifts back to the crossbow on the back wall, however, as he hears Ray’s question. “Mm, not a trip per say. More of a gift for my husband, actually.” A crooked smile is slanted Ray’s way, a shrug of his shoulders. “I think he might like it.
SUNJATA
Ray Lunarium

Change author:

Ray snickered, already fond of Haai. "I'm expecting it to be but I don't plan to go extremely deep in, or alone. I'll likely ask someone to go with me. Safety in numbers and all that." As for why she was saving money, Ray sighed. "People often get sick in Deepfrost unfortunately and this leads to a severe depletion of my wares.  I can only grow so much of my own or gather so much during the warmer seasons so sometimes I end up running out of a necessary herb for a treatment. Then I have to seek out the few merchants who still have some and that can be quite a hefty sum given the low supply." She explained. .

Ray then smiled a bit sheepishly. "And it's not the best business practice but when people are desperate I often cut prices or offer some necessities for free. That can lead to enough of a decrease in profit that I need the savings to keep everything up and running to keep up with the high demand. But I can't just turn away those in need who can't pay my normal prices."  She explained with a sad smile. After one too many instances of people desperate for help knocking on her door in the middle of the night, Ray had started preparing emergency kits to cover a variety of cold season illnesses. It was exhausting but so worthwhile when later that person came in and would thank her profusely for helping them save a loved one.

Ray glanced at the crossbow again. "I'm sure he'll love it. If my future partner doesn't buy me weapons then I've clearly chosen wrong." Ray said with a chuckle.

r a y

—Albert Camus

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Smart plan.” Sunjata offers with another crooked smile, a nod of his head in agreement with her plan to venture to the Wilds. In terms of saving up for Deepfrost, though, his gaze focuses a bit more intently on her, nodding here and there as she expresses what she’s going through. And then a thought occurs to him, one that somewhat ties the conversation all together.

You should talk to my husband about it.” He begins, his smile brightening a bit. “He and the clinic have been setting things up for Deepfrost, perhaps the two of you could collaborate on something? Help out one another so it’s less hard on you alone?” But his gaze tears away back to the crossbow, to the next conversation that has him chuckling lightly.

He exhales in a quiet sigh, a half smirk shot back toward Ray. “It’s usually jewelry or weaponry for me. I suppose sometimes the two cross.” He offers before stepping forward to get the attention of the merchant.
SUNJATA
Ray Lunarium

Change author:

Ray perked up. "That actually sounds like a fantastic idea. That way those in need would have two potential spots to get help. I might even be able to fill some prescriptions." Her tone showed her excitement at the idea. It would take a large weight off of her shoulders to get some help with Deepfrost's surge in illnesses. Though she would have to careful.  She wasn't sure yet where Sunjata and Nate would fall in terms of how they'd react to her other business venture. But that was a concern for another time.

"Weapons and jewelry? Those are definetly safe options for gifts." Ray noted as Sunjata called the merchant over. "Hell, if you're buying the crossbow I may as well by myself those daggers."  She relented to her impulse. New weapons were fantastic and practical. How could she resist?

r a y

—Albert Camus

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He smiles easier when she perks up at the idea, Sunjata always a fan of ensuring that there’s other paths to take, to not have one end be the end all be all. It’s always a bonus when he gets Nate involved with it as well. So he’s positively pleased with himself as he nods to her, a crookedly boyish grin spreading across his face as he looks down toward her. “And hopefully neither of you will burn out with it.” He agrees, a softer edge to his tone before his head is tilting away to catch the merchants attention, to drag them over.

Why not?” He asks, flashing her a grin, before the merchant’s standing before him. He speaks up the details of what he’d like for the crossbow, a few adjustments to tension in the string here and there, as well as a few more aesthetic additions – a silver charm to add to the end of the bow in the shape of a feather, provided it wasn’t too much trouble.

He even agrees that having it done in the next few days before they send it to his home is fine, before the merchant is lingering and Sunjata’s nodding his head toward Ray to get the merchants order over here as well. “And those daggers that she wants, you can put it on mine.” On his payment, of course, his silver gaze drifting back to Ray with an easy smile.
SUNJATA
Ray Lunarium

Change author:

Ray smiled with gratitude. "Yes, burnout is a serious issue in Deepfrost, for me at least. Usually whenever things settle down I take a week off and sleep for a few days." She chuckled and watched as Sunjata ordered the crossbow. She was surprised but interested in how he knew exactly what adjustments to ask for to make it perfect for his husband. It made a small smile come to her face at how sweet it was.

But when Sunjata mentioned paying for her daggers, her expression twisted into a small glare. "Absolutely not! I..." Ray stopped at Sunjata's expression and let out a deep sigh. "There's no way I can talk you out of it, is there?" She asked with a defeated smirk. His expression told her that any argument would fail. Ray shook her head but grinned. "Thank you. I owe you one." She said, trying to portray how grateful she truly was.

r a y

—Albert Camus

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
I can only imagine.” He hums, though there is some glimmer of understanding beneath that mind of his. He understands what it means to have yourself on the edge of a rope, still working, still continuing on, because that’s the only thing you could do. And if he could personally stay as far away from that as possible, he was often a much happier person. He imagines Ray would appreciate the option to not get that far as well.

So it’s easy for him to tack on her daggers, to watch as she glares and almost flounders, that grin on his face growing much more amused. “Nope. There isn’t.” He flashes her a wink as the merchant moves to grab the daggers, to wrap them up nicely for Ray while the Governor shifts his attention to the woman beside him a bit more fully. “You’re welcome.” He rumbles with another easy grin. “If you’re determined on paying back, perhaps I’ll have something I need help with later on.” His shoulders shrug easily.
SUNJATA
Ray Lunarium

Change author:

Ray rolls her head, still glaring slightly. "Of course not." At his wink, her slight smile grows into a full grin. She truly did appreciate the gift, and it would make it easier for her  to prepare for Deepfrost too. Ray perked up at the idea of being able to paying Sunjata back. "Absolutely. If you or Nate ever need my help, don't hesitate to ask. I'll come running." She meant it, not just to repay the favor though. The Governor seemed like a legitimately good person and Ray felt herself wanting to help him out. Plus if she ever did she could meet Haai again and maybe pet her eventually.

r a y

—Albert Camus

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
I’ll keep it in mind.” He tells her easily, moving back from speaking with the merchant when everything was squared away. His attention lands back on her as Haai returns, her large head lifting up to sniff at Ray and let her pet her should she wish to, feathers ruffling as she readjusts her wings tight to her back to fit through the throng of people.

He supposes that’s his cue to go, however, turning to start following Haai through the crowd. “I’ll see you around, Ray.” He offers, a hand raised to wave to her, before slipping away through the crowd following the griffin likely to the Clinic to walk home with Nate once the sun sets.

- FIN <3
SUNJATA