[OPEN SE] nothing but the best
Open lantern making SE
Iris 'Siri' Acquarone
Wanderer

Age: 22 | Height: 176 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 1 - Strg: 5 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 8 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Nell Offline
Change author:
MP: 85
'Siri'

Iris looked up from her work to blink twice at Bastien. "I knew the bastard was lying!" She shook her head at the air, chortled, and continued carving. "A friend met an Ascended a while ago. Came over and bet us all he could get her drunk." Iris paused to blow away the wood dust that was gathering under her dagger. "They sat there downing shots for hours, while we did the same." She picked up her lantern and tapped the frame against her palm, knocking away excess splinters and dust, "When they got up she almost fell over. She wobbled quite a bit as she walked, might have even hiccuped a few times for good measure, and the pair of them went off together having robbed us all." By the end of her story, there was a clear note of admiration in Iris' tone.

She took another sip of her drink before digging into her bag for more supplies. Interested in the answer to Amun's question, she listened for a reply as she caught a pencil at the very bottom of her pack and pulled it out along with a now slightly crumbled piece of paper. Spreading the paper out on one of Bastien's boards, she began to draw.

"Could you taste liquor there? Or just certain sensations?" She commented afterwards, catching on to the innuendo, an eyebrow subtly raised in Bastien's direction. "If so, you can take the bottle. A bohemian like yourself should enjoy it properly."

Finally, she pulled a small lump of metal out of the bag. "As for you, Amun, since you won't take gifts - how about more work? Could you make this for me?" Iris held out the metal and a rather poorly made drawing of a man's profile. The drawing ended at the neck and had a rather crudely drawn Red dahlia right above the head. It looked more like a star than a flower. "Could you merge it with the frame?"

"Good." Iris said at the mention of a good tavern, only now showing the disappointment she felt at the lack of non-Ascended entertainment. She'd stopped by some establishments, but none seemed comparable to anything in Torchline. She realized that homesickness may have been the cause of the quick dismissal. "When does this party happen?" She asked the potter with an inquisitive smile.

Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
BASTIEN

The tale of the 'drunk' Ascended that had tricked Siri had Bastien laughing, leaning back with a hand on his chest. "Oh, please tell me you got the name of this Ascended woman." Sounded like someone he could really party with, as much as Ascended could party, and he was always on the look out for fun people to join his guild.

He looked over at Amun with some surprise at it appeared he hadn't heard of the Frey-blessed room; of all the Ascended he knew, he would have expected Amun to know. With a smirk, he nodded and leaned in close, as if telling a great secret to him (but whispering loud enough Siri could hear too): "You must come to ask me for a key, and I will lead you to it. The price is that you need to promise to come and use the guild at some point, but...well. You've more than paid that. Just come and ask me for access if you have any friends, hm?"

And on that subject, Bastien sadly shook his head towards Siri. "I'm afraid not. Frey blessed the room, and they are rather single minded. No, there we can only feel the pleasure of our bodies, not the bite of alcohol." No sign of embarrassment from talking on these topics, he leaned about appreciatively to look at Amun's metal carving and Siri's drawing, nodding at both.
If we should be arrested before we sleep
I'll see you outside in a few days or in a few weeks