A wolf in human clothing
Sah's Debut
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Online
Change author:
MP: 3215

"If I can't move the heavens above, I will move Hell"

The world was ending, it had to be. What else could this madness be? Sah stood in horror as his world literally folded in on itself, his paws all but rooted to the spot. Cracks appeared in the ground, racing past him in horrific patterns as the sky turned an inky black. The sun was gone, swallowed by smoke and shadow. The only light source that remained was from the fire that consumed the land. Sah's ears rang, or was that the entire planet screaming? Sah howled, trying to call his pack to him, trying to keep them together. He had to keep them safe. But it was no use. No one answered his call. The ground suddenly tilted, the sky folded in, and Sah lost consciousness.

He woke up shivering, ice and wind biting his skin. The smell of snow and pine was in the air, not a trace of smoke to be sensed. Sah's  eyes shot open. Were was the fire? The smoke, the destruction? Where was his pack? Sah jumped to his feet only to fall over. He caught himself and froze, staring down in horror. He had hands, humanoid hands. The clawless, furless and weak limbs of the elves and humans of his world. What was going on? Panic building, Sah ran his hands over himself. His fur and wings were gone, his tail vanished, his ears the small and useless things he'd seen on humans. Running his tongue over his teeth he realized his fangs were gone. He was humanoid.

Sah slowly stood up on his hind legs, or were they just legs now? It took him a moment to find his balance, but he managed. Getting his bearings he looked around, trying to get a grip. He was surrounded by snow, not unlike his home. A tundra forest it looked like, at least it was something familiar. Sah looked down, he appeared to be wearing what he believed were called a T-shirt and pants. How he got them, he had no clue but with how cold he felt, he was glad to have some kind of protection at least. A thought occurred to him, did he at least retain his magic? Sah closed his eyes and slowly exhaled, trying to call upon his power. To his horror it was far more difficult then usual and the sparks of lighting that danced along his skin were far weaker then normal. He tried to shape it, directing it's flow but he was unsuccessful. Sah had to stop quickly, it was exhausting to hold even that little amount of magic. His control was shot. Sah felt like a pup just manifesting his power and lost without a pack. It was terrifying.

"Well, fuck."

sah
There stood the wolf in the winter wind
Full of fearsome might
King of the winter night.
-Tim Vallie

Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 9 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 46 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Online
Change author:
MP: 1005
Let's decide to be the architects, the masters of our fate
The hunter moved carefully over the frozen mountainside. He did not need to think about where he was going. He could feel it. The lynx form he held now was so much better for traversing the mountainside and scouting. He chose this most often while in the Fangs. This morning, his hunt was fruitful. From his jaws hung a large, plump hare. This was the second one he caught. The first was smaller and served well for his own meal, but this one would come home with him to help feed Delphine. She did not love hare, and often poked around it, but it would flavor the broth for soup well and at least offer her some nutrients.

As he came down the mountain, Noah's attention was piqued by sparks. He paused and lowered his head, peering around a large boulder at the man who caused the lightning. The man did not belong here. At least, that was the hunter's first thought. He was severely underdressed for the environment. His jeans and shirt would give him no protection from the elements. He needed to get to the Citadel as quickly as possible. As the lightning dissipated, Noah jumped up on the boulder he was behind. He was in clear view of the man now, but his body was tense. He wanted to help the man, but was not sure if he would react violently or not.

NOAH
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

Sah whipped around as soon as he registered movement, his weakened instincts telling him to brace himself. As Sah turned he cursed internally. His movements were so slow compared to his former natural grace. What was this pathetic reaction time? He dimly noted it might have been the fact that he was all but frozen, his body wracked with constant shivers. Sah eyed the feline in front of him warily. It was clearly a feline predator given the rabbit in its jaws, though not one he recognized. Sah really hoped he wouldn't have to fight in this new form already, he knew full well it wouldn't end well. How could he even fight in this clawless body?

Regardless Sah bared his teeth and snarled at the cat, noting how odd the noise sounded coming from his new form. There was no chance he'd surrender, he couldn't afford to.  "Well, what do you want?" He growled out, staring straight into the feline's eyes, almost daring it to try something. Though he really hoped it wouldn't. Sah knew full well how easily a predator's claws tore humanoid skin, though he'd never imagined he'd be on the opposite side.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Let's decide to be the architects, the masters of our fate
The man rounded on Noah and the lynx pinned his ears some, glacier eyes narrowing. The muscles along his spine twitched fractionally, and the muscles in his haunches coiled. The hunter watched the stranger in silence for some time. He mulled over his options. Should he leave this stranger here, to die a cold death on the mountain? Should he try and lead him in his lynx form? Should he shift back and head towards the Citadel with him? The options were many, but deciding which one was the right decision was the most difficult part. He could try to lead the stranger to the Citadel in his lynx form. It might show where the man's intelligence was. Did he trust the predator enough to bring him to safety? Noah doubted it, given his response.

So, the right answer became easier. Atop the boulder the lynx's form shifted and changed. Bones elongated and fur turned to skin. Finally, standing tall on the boulder, was Noah. His form looked truly formidable in the moment. He was heavily clad in furs, his hair pulled back and his face sporting a rough beard. He looked down with a stoic face on the stranger, glacier eyes cold. "If you stay here like this, you'll freeze to death." He noted simply, voice flat and matter of fact.

NOAH
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah kept glaring at the cat as it stared at him. He wasn't sure if it was sizing him or deciding how best to kill him. Regardless, he kept his eyes on the predator, sure that if he turned away he'd be killed. Then suddenly the bones in the cat broke and changed. Sah watched with thinly-veiled horror as it changed into a man. He had to blink a few times, truly caught of guard. The cat just turned into a person. Shapeshifter? Weren't those a myth? What in the seven hells? Sah opened his mouth and closed it a few times, trying to find words. He briefly wondered why he understood the stranger's language or why he knew how to respond, but that was too much to think about right now.

"Ok seriously, what the fuck?" Sah finally said, completely exasperated. He was cold, confused, and frankly just wanted his fur and wings back. He was seriously jealous of this stranger. Why can't I do that? Sah sighed heavily after a moment and finally got enough of his bearings to respond properly. "Yah, I noticed. It's kind of hard to miss my whole body going numb.  Where even are we? And can everyone here do...that?" He asked, vaguely gesturing at the stranger. If everyone here could shapeshift and he couldn't, he was going to scream. Or commit murder. Probably both. He was also aware that his shivering was worsening and his breathing had slowed. He felt a stab of alarm as he recognized the first stage of hypothermia. Fantastic.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
every time i think i've finally made it, i learn i'm farther away than i have ever been before
Noah was not really impressed with the man standing before him. He let out a slow breath, conjuring all of his patience for this moment. He climbed down off the rock and removed his parka. "You'll need this more than I will." Noah handed it out for the man to use. "We need to get to the Citadel before you die." His voice was still flat, calm, neutral.

"No, just like not everyone can do that." He gestured towards the man, recalling the display of lightning he had made before. "I am Attuned. You, I believe, are Abandoned. Magic wielders." Noah turned briefly and motioned for the man to follow him. "We've got to move. Follow me." Noah shifted back down to his lynx form. Quickly he grabbed the hare he had dropped before and started his descent down the mountain.

{FINISHED - I\'ll make a follow up thread in the Citadel!}

NOAH