Personal Quest sometimes one bite is more than enough
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
just take your time wherever you go
Seeing as the Ark was unexpectedly grounded once again, Saiden had decided to work on his other ventures for a bit. Sending notes to a few non-crew members (because he wasn't sure how the crew felt about his shack if he was being honest), he asked them to meet him for help expanding his business.

One went to Milo, the young man the cook had met in the Fingers. He figured a few extra muscles wouldn't hurt. One went to Delta, the only merperson he knew personally, asking her to come and give advice and what help she could. Finally one went to Raza. That one had a little bit of extra detail in it: he explained that not only did he want to give the merpeople access to the restaurant, he wanted access to the canal so it could be used for smuggling goods. He was not at all averse to using his place of business as a front.

Waiting for them by a pile of supplies and tools, he whistled. As they arrived, he'd nod at each of them in turn. Once everyone had assembled, he'd grin. "Gonna be honest with ye, I'm not much of a builder. So I ain't sure how best to go about expanding this place. Maybe a dock or something would be best? Or we could try to knock down a wall and put an addition over the water." Shrugging, he scratched under his chin as he waited to hear their thoughts.

This is a PQ to expand Saiden's business so he can serve merpeople and his restaurant can double as a smuggling operation! All slots are filled. There is no post order. Please summarize your character's actions at the bottom of your next reply.

1. Raza
2. Milo
3. Delta
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
all my scars have got a tune
The note is surprising, but it gives Milo a distraction – one he’s gladly willing to take since the shift of his moods have been more this season. He’s not sure why, typically carefree and easy going, something has changed for the young smuggler – something that’s added far more frustration and annoyance to his day to day, leaving him bitter and sour as the days go on.

This was a breath of fresh air. And he arrives with additional tools, just in case, and finds Saiden standing by a pile of far more. He offers a nod to the other smuggler in greeting, before idly waiting for the others to arrive , honeyed gaze drifting between all of those around until landing on Saiden when he speaks. “Dock would be easiest, probably?” He suggests, cocking his head slightly as he folds his arms across his chest and waits to be told where to go.
there's a fire in my heart
and i can't stop it burning down
MILO
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 14 - Int:
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
Who knew I'd make her so blue
The moment Delta was told that Saiden was trying to accommodate to merfolk? She was so so so so excited! Because holy crap! First the canals and now she can actually access a real human establishment? And try human things? It was so exciting!

She arrived nice and early- er- she thought she was early before she realized someone else was here first. No matter, she was here and on time and that's all that matters. "So long as we can reach it- the dock would need to be at the water's level. Oh! And could we have spots for us to rest? Like, under the water? Like seats." That was Delta's idea: building in spots for them to rest and relax. That way they wouldn't just be floating there, which got very tiring at times.

Honestly, she does prefer the idea of knocking down a wall, but she also is very unfamiliar with human building techniques. "If it was a deck, would it not have a rain cover? Since doesn't human food get soggy easily?" Delta was far too excited to try cooked meat and wasn't about to let some rain ruin it.
Delta
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
don't you know we're outlaws
givin' the finger to death itself
Jack would need to know about this sooner or later, unless Saiden was planning on enterin’ into the smugglin’ business solo. Which Raza wouldn’t recommend, but he’s his own person and knows the risks and all that - and she’s got time enough on her hands to help out a friend. After burning the note, Raza shows up at the appointed place at the appointed time, giving a little wave to Milo as she joins the group and they immediately start to delve into the problem of mer-human accessibility.

“Lucky for you, we just built the Hanged Man back up an’ Milo an’ me ain’t too shabby at it. What about a ramp?” she asks after a moment. “Unless a dock would be better for sitting. I don’t know, would mers want to come out of the water to eat? What’s more comfortable?” Turning her head towards Delta, the bar owner defers to the girl in this.
we got no one to hide from
no one to toast our health
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Nodding at their suggestions, Saiden looked between the wall and the water. "Why not both? A dock with a ramp at the end. And aye, we can make seats and a covering to protect the food." He scratched his head. "Would we need to knock out the wall so we could see the dock or just add a window with like, a bell and a string so the merpeople can ring it?"

Shrugging, he grabbed three cloud manta crystals on cordsand held two out for Raza and Milo. Assuming they took it, he'd put the crystal around his neck. Then he'd grab wood, hammer, and nails, and move to the water's edge to begin hammering in planks.

No post order! Please summarize your character's actions at the bottom of your next reply.

Saiden has started to install the beginning of either a dock or a ramp. He's also handed cloud manta crystals to Raza and Milo.
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
It’s easy to wave to Raza in greeting as she arrives, despite his attention turning to the mermaid that had joined them – casting a glance along the water and where the makeshift dock would go. Perhaps… An extension of sorts, while Milo focuses on what Saiden says, deciding to combine it all. “Make it an addition… Tear down this part’a the wall ‘n then we can extend it out?” He offers, brows furrowing, before Saiden’s moving and Milo offers a small half smirk to Raza. “Aye we did make a great team, m?” He rumbles, flashing her an easier smile before also getting to work.

And since they’d be getting into the water, Milo isn’t shy as he tugs the shirt off from over his head, taking the cloud manta crystal from Saiden to put around his neck, and removes his pants so he’s only left in shorts – surprisingly modest in comparison to Torchline’s typical views. “A’ight let’s see.” He murmurs, stepping closer toward the water and Delta, flashing her a playful grin, wading into it until he’s about hip height in the water. “Hey d’ya wanna help me mark the spots fer the ramp ‘r dock?” He asks the mer, diving into the water and letting the sensation of the cloud manta crystal filter through him. He figures out how wide it needs to be, how long too, and moves to leave little glittering shells in the spaces for the posts where he thinks it might work best.

Milo takes the cloud manta crystal and moves into the water and asks Delta to help him mark the spots for the dock/ramp posts to measure out the length and width of it!
MILO
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
She ain’t sure why Saiden’s asking them when it’s his place - if he wants to knock down a wall, they can knock down a wall. If he wants a bell an’ pulley system, they can put a bell an’ pulley system in. “Knockin’ a wall out would be fun but more work. Bell ‘n pulley system might need repairin’ a bit every now ‘n then. Maybe both?” Shrugging, she tries to think about what might be best for the customer - but then wonders exactly how many merfolk might be coming up to eat. “I dunno, d’you think you’ll have enough mer customers to justify the work?”

At least that’s how she would think of it, as a fellow business owner.  

She takes the cloud manta crystal but doesn’t strap it on yet, putin’ it in a pocket while grabbin’ a broom to clear away a smooth path for the dock/ramp thing to go on - still a bit unsure about about the design of it all.

Now, to somethin’ no one’s mentioned yet - Saiden’s missing eye. She hadn’t wanted to say anything straight out, but distinctly remembers him having two eyes last time they saw each other. If he happens to come close enough to whisper somethin’, Raz will reach out for him an’ try to pull him close enough for a whisper. “What the fuck happened to your eye?”

-------------------

Raza starts to clear a path for the dock/ramp thing they're laying and if Saiden comes close enough, wll try to ask him about his now missing eye
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
There is a small concern, though. "Tearing down a wall may be risky with the rougher weather... would you be able to maybe add in like... an open doorway? Or like, a small tunnel that goes into the bar itself from the water?" It was an idea, but it wasn't anything like what Saiden had in mind. Hopefully, he'd understand that she was just trying to think of things that would be easier or safer.

A smile is offered towards Milo and Delta offers him a nod. "if you need anything, wave to me and I'll surface." And with that, she went to work. Using shells and some broken pieces of pottery, Delta begins to help mark off places, occasionally glancing over at Milo to make sure he was doing okay.

Delta helps Milo with marking!
Delta
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Raza and Milo took the offered crystals and then the whole crew got to work. However, it seemed they still needed some suggestions. Saiden chewed over the possibilities, then nodded once.

"We'll build the dock, then put in both the bell and pulley and a door. We'll add an awning over all of that. Customers can ring it, servers come through the door." Glancing around, he arched an eyebrow. "And yes, I do think I'll have plenty of customers."

He was trundling back for another handful of planks when Raza got her next question in. Frowning, he dropped his voice to a whisper. "Made a stupid bet with a spirit, that I lost. It took the eye." Scowling, he returned to his work.

Which was going shockingly well. He was able to construct the beginning of the dock all on his own, making a great deal of progress. Raza cleared the path with no difficulties, and Milo managed to measure out the dimensions of the dock and mark them. Only Delta, perhaps because Milo left her little to do, was unable to contribute this round. Grinning now, Saiden got to work on the next section of the dock.

No post order! Please summarize your character's actions at the bottom of your next reply.

The dock still needs to be constructed, the doorway put in place, the awning raised, and the bell and pulley system hooked up.

Saiden critically succeeded at building the dock! He has continued to build the dock.
Milo succeeded at marking out the dimensions of the dock.
Raza succeeded in clearing the path to the dock.
Delta failed at marking out the dimensions of the dock.
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
Regardless of what the plans were, they get to work. Milo moves through the water with ease, marking the space and dimensions out for the dock, not quite realizing Delta’s not so great luck, but he makes up for it he thinks. He doesn’t need to wave to her to speak to her, not until he’s done when he waves and tries to capture her attention. When he does, he flashes her what looks like it might come off as an apologetic smile. “Well, we got th'dimensions done.” He rumbles, both to Delta and shouted back toward Saiden.

Now all that was left was trying to put it all back together. It seems like Saiden gets started on the next section of the dock, so Milo offers Delta a small nod, imagining the mer could probably help Saiden with that project, before peering at the door that would need to be constructed, and grabbing the wood he’d need to make the door for it, working hard to make one for the space allotted.

Milo goes to make the door and put it in place!
MILO
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
Aiiiiiight, so the cook is touchy about his eye, and you know what they say, don’t fuck with the guy who makes the food, or somethin’ like that. So while Raza could say something about the gods and spirits, she won’t. Anyway, they’re all back at work an’ the bar owner decides to work on that bell and pulley system. Except… they don’t have a bell. So she obviously has to go source once.

“I’m gonna go find a bell,” she tells Saiden and starts out at a light jog back towards the docks of Kaiholo, thinkin’ she knows where she might find a brassmaker, someone who might have heard of the Ark cook’s reputation and be willing to part with somethin’ small and simple for a free meal.

--------------

Raza goes leaves the worksite to find a bell.
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
While she does fail, Milo is able to succeed. So hey... that's something! Still, Delta is pretty bummed about her bad luck but doesn't try to let that distract her too much. So hopefully that'll help her out.

"I'll try to help build the dock!"

And that she does. Delta grabs onto the tools and materials with a bit of a struggle before working on building up the deck. Obviously, it's a special challenge from the water, but hey, she has to do something! It's not exactly easy to do a lot from the water and this seems pretty easy- or the easiest thing for her to do.

Sorry for the delay, she tries to build the dock.
Delta