Starting Over
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Age: 43 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
The smile on Caiside's face and the animation in his gestures only grew more genuine and  dramatic the more interested his silver haired companion seemed. He had said he wasn't one for stories, but if they were as easy as simply talking about himself then he might have more of a knack for it than he thought. It was almost fun, if he didn't dwell too much on where he was or why he was telling these stories at least. And the bard was such a perfectly captive audience, making all the right expressions in the right palces, silently egging Caiside on.

Before he answered the question he had set up, Caiside took the last sip of his tea, savouring the warmth and flavour. He tapped his fingers on the cup, making a hollow sound while a wolfish grin spread over his lips. "Not anyone so mundane as a king or emperor. I have been invited to the Mother's court." There was a reverence in Caiside's voice, paired with a faraway voice meant to imply this was a very big deal. He let the exist, then continued, explaining further for the benefit of Jigano. "She is the beginning of all. Her court exists at the heart of Dyosh'ana, where the trees grow more from magic than from soil."

A sigh soft sigh escaped him, the edges of a smile clinging to his lips. "To be invited is to be... truly recognised. I have been fighting to fix my standing for ten years, and it finally, finally paid off." In the moment, he couldn't even be upset about being away from it, too proud of the act itself to feel anything but it. "It was to be my apotheosis."
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Caiside had a delightful flare for the dramatic, Jigano noted as he hid a grin behind his teacup. The other man was doing an excellent job of heightening the tension with his little pauses and coaxing questions out of the bard, and Jigano was enjoying it immensely. The revelation, when it came, was a little confusing, but the silver-haired man was professional enough to hear the capital 'M' in Mother, and his brow rose encouragingly to urge his companion to tell him more.

"What a beautifully poetic turn of phrase," he murmured, suitably impressed at what Caiside was implying. A goddess, then? Or rather, the goddess, it sounded like. A coup indeed, for a 'mere' demigod to be invited to the heavenly court. And the name of his friend's world was music to the ears, Jigano humming approval at it.

He was glad to see his friend looking happy again, proud and certain of himself and with so much to look forward to. "No wonder you want to be home," he murmured, more sympathetic now that he saw what Caiside was missing - or at least, might miss, if he stayed away too long. He set his teacup down at last, nodding to the boy who dashed over to retrieve their tea service with a shy smile for the two handsome men. As he cleared it away the bard raised a brow, smile quirking the corners of his mouth. "So... shall I show you the library first? Or the Rathskeller?"
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Age: 43 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Jigano was so much fun to talk to. The silver haired man knew how to be an audience, which made sense, given his profession, but which also fed into Caiside's ego. He was exactly the kind of person Caiside loved to surround himself with, clever and interesting and so receptive to what he had to say. If most people here were at least a little like him, then perhaps Caiside's (hopefully brief) time here wouldn't be so bad.

"I have time... but not as much as I would like. I already had so much to do." Caiside sighed, though he was unable to fully slip back into his melancholy in the company of his new friend. He rested his chin on the back of his hand, offering a smile to the shy boy who came to clear their cups, then glanced back over to his silver haired friend. It was easier now to treat this as an adventure instead of a curse, especially when he had such kind company.

Th bards question was met with a thoughtful smile, Caiside tilting his head back and forth. "Why don't you surprise me?" He suggested at last, standing and brushing off his front. He was excited to see where Jigano lead him, to take his first real steps into a new world.