Personal Quest all the scarred, all the beautiful
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Age: 33 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Tesability Offline
Change author:
MP: 360
Neos
Don't be mistaken
Your bloody time's up
Neos had to take a hot second to stop himself, eyes closed and standing straight with hands covering face. He had almost jumped Sah in response to having the weapon knocked out of his hands then, but fortunately, he managed to stop himself in time.

"What starts as luck can become skill if you take what exactly you did during that moment and learn from it," Neos said before pulling off his hands. "Admittedly had a handicap, I'm not used to fighting to disarm, so I had to work on not literally slicing your hands off, Sah. With all the fights I've been in, I wasn't even really trained to disarm with weapons, it was always to kill or severely wound."

He then looked back towards the variety of weapons, carefully looking over them for weapons made in very-specific ways. "However, from the weapons I saw, I think there's a way for me to remove that handicap."

He glanced over the variety of bladed weapons, checking the edges of almost all of them. He was purposely looking for whichever of these weapons had the dullest edge to them. He then felt a shortsword that that, despite being metal, had an incredibly dull edge, probably a training blade for someone that had been practicing, but now needed to get used to the weight of metal. He then purposely lifted it up and brought it down, full force, on his own open left palm before lifting it back up. There was a solid red line on his palm from the impact, a slight crack to cause his hand to bleed a little bit before it stopped almost immediately, but even with that, he didn't cut through it any further.

For this case, he approved and brought it back with him, raising the shortsword towards Sah. "Now, different weapon and I just removed that handicap. Let's see how you fair this time."

There was a predator's smirk on his face this go-round before Neos dashed forward, ready to block what swings came for him. Hopefully, he'll manage to take a final shot at the other animal-soul to force Sah to drop his weapon.

Ho, boy. Kid gloves are off.

Unlike with the pseudo-greatsword, Neos is lunging in with this super-dulled shortsword, willing to use blade and fist in conjunction with one another, to take Sah down this time. Sah wants a close-proximity fight, he's getting one.

Also, because of where Sah wants to strike Neos to take him down...I need to mention this now. Over where his chest and stomach are is a long gash that's been literally smoldering for about a decade from a strike dealt to him by effectively an off-world fiery diety. Neos is used to the baseline pain, but an impact there would land him on his back for more than a hot second from a severe spike in pain. If Sah does land a strike in that area, leave Neos on the ground and let me handle him getting back up...and be ready to break up a brawl once he's up.
This ain't no game
We're not here to entertain you
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
what will you do when the vultures come for you, run and hide?
Ah, maybe it was beginners luck that struck the new swordsman, maybe it was Neos choosing a new weapon, or maybe the tides of battle had turned on their own. In any capacity, Aisha watched another well played spar, proud of both what she taught them today, and what was their own potential. They once again leapt at each other, dodging and swinging, employing tactics they'd forged on their own.

That was really what she'd hoped to see; them use her knowledge to create their own masterpieces, carefully and precisely, and with a dash of rashness. The new blade served Neos well, far quicker, smarter. Where Sah tried to evade he eventually couldn't, and Neos did not relent. It was a sloppy end, one that used a bit more fist than a fair sword fight would call for, but it wasn't something Aisha would scold.

Sah's blade hit the ground, Aisha grinned as they finished. It seemed fair, a fitting end to their trials, their lessons. "Looks like you're even," she said, walking over to meet them both. "Both of you have done great today, and I really appreciate that you came. I'm kinda making it my job to provide lessons in swordsmanship, so stop by the barracks anytime if you want to learn more."

"You're free to practice some more with the others here, you know where to find us."

Thank you both for joining the pq! Feel free to post once more, and you're all set!
AISHA
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3345

"If I can't move the heavens above, I will move Hell"

Sah grinned as he put his sword away. "Nice match Neos. I'll get you next time." He teased good naturedly. He was a bit sour about his loss, his pride hurt. But at least he'd learned something. And the one he'd lost to was someone he knew. Maybe even a friend? Acquaintance? Fellow Outlander? Fuck if he knew. Labels were weird.

Sah turned to Aisha. "Thank you for taking the time to train us. I appreciate it immensely. I think I may have learned enough not to die immediately next time that I go hunting." He grinned with a chuckle. "Next time you're in town, maybe we could train some more?" Sah asked, always eager to improve.

sah
There stood the wolf in the winter wind
Full of fearsome might
There stood the wolf in the winter wind
King of the winter night.
-Tim Vallie

Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Age: 33 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Tesability Offline
Change author:
MP: 360
Neos
Don't be mistaken
Your bloody time's up
Neos straightened up after Sah's weapon went down to the ground, shortsword lowered down to his side. "You did pretty well, all things considered." He then rose the blade he was using to his eyelevel, making sure he didn't actually draw blood during the fight while wearing a small grimace. "Though...it's a good thing I was using this blade, I would have cut something off if I hadn't. If disarming's gonna be a common thing here, I'm really going to need more practice with it...and unlearn a few habits as well."

Sah then asked his question, causing Neos to frown as he lowered his blade once more. "If you're going to be staying here, I won't be coming back until spri...gah, Flowerbirth." He popped himself upside of the back of his head with the empty palm of the other head, eyes closed as his lips twisted into an annoyed expression. Somehow, the hat that's been on his head the whole time still hasn't flown off. "Get them right, dammit..." Shaking his head, he looked up towards Sah once more before saying, "Though, keep up the training here, and when I do eventually visit after Flowerbirth's arrival, I can show you how to fight without weapons as well."

He then returned the weapon to join the others before turning towards Aisha. "You're probably gonna have your hands full with this one," Neos teased as he pointed a thumb back towards Sah, before he suddenly shifted his gaze towards the former canine. "As for you, don't think I didn't notice where you were trying to strike," he said as his voice shifted to gain a sudden growl behind it. "If I hadn't stopped your shots, Aisha would have had to deal with a lion going full force on your ass after I got off the floor..."
This ain't no game
We're not here to entertain you