rorschach the pieces that i lack
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
maybe that's enlightenment enough: to know that there is no final resting place of the mind; no moment of smug clarity
perhaps wisdom is realizing how small I am, and unwise
Her gaze traveled up the length of his arm, up to his now darkened eyes; sullen with the weight she had just placed upon him. A knot tied in her stomach. He didn't deserve her burdens. Her brows pressed in concern and she hovered slightly toward him, thinking about telling him to forget about it - not to worry. Of course, such a sentiment would hold little weight now, now that she'd already revealed how she felt. Anything she might've tried to say to take it back fell to the wayside.

Milo had his own take and advice to offer, though. Her expression relaxed as she realized what he was saying, her head tilting back and gaze thoughtfully traveling. The thought of being able to help should a situation like that arise made something spark in her mind. He'd just connected two dots effortlessly, yet she hadn't been able to even fathom such a connection.

A smile curved at the edge of one side of her mouth and she cast a knowing smirk at him. She remained silent as he sipped from the bottle again, letting him take his fill from it before she reached out to take a sip of her own again.

"You're right," she stated hoarsely, wincing from the slap of alcohol against the back of her throat. She took a moment to clear it before going on, "I'm sorry, I don't mean to..." She grimaced at him and gestured vaguely with one hand, having a hard time finding the words to express exactly what she didn't mean to do. Ruin the moment? Eh.

Her expression softened as she resigned from whatever the point was. Her hand moved up to the back of his neck, fingers tracing soft lines there. A soft breath huffed out from her nose and a small, hopeful smile attempted to smooth things over, "I'd like that, actually. If you don't mind helping me, that would be great... I should learn how to control it, at the very least." You know, so it doesn't randomly erupt in tandem with her emotions... Not that that's happened before. Totally not.

After a few moments, a gust of wind passed through the cathedral. Aurelia glanced up as it happened, the melody whistling out a gentle tune and the darkness of the passed sunset settling around them. It ebbed and flowed with the wind, growing louder and more melancholic before ending on a whimsical note. In that moment, she found that she didn't even want to leave now that she was here, didn't care if the sandbar became swallowed up.

Clearing her throat softly, pointedly, she offered back the bottle with a questioning look. If he wanted more, she'd let him take it - if not, she'd place it off to the side. Then, she'd retrieve her plate and point out, "Right, so, uh... Raptors! Is that where we were?" She picked up her fork and gave him a cheerful look.

Using the fork to make gestures through the air, she began to attempt to describe what they looked like, "So, they're like really big lizards. The size of a big dog, give or take. They have four legs, but the front ones are real small and... basically useless, so they just move on their back legs - but don't be fooled! They can zip around faster than you'd expect, and they can jump really high. Well, anyway... they don't make for good food - or company, that's for sure. In case you were wondering," She paused briefly, giving him a slightly narrowed look, "that's what gave me such nasty scars around my hip." She gave the location a good old pat. Then, completely unbothered by this tidbit about herself, she proceeded to take in a mouthful of food. She was trying to reassert a casual atmosphere, refusing to let anything ruin this night. Even herself. She only hoped Milo felt the same.
and how far I have yet to go

Messages In This Thread
rorschach the pieces that i lack - by Milo - 12-28-2020, 06:06 AM
RE: rorschach the pieces that i lack - by Aurelia - 12-28-2020, 06:56 AM
RE: rorschach the pieces that i lack - by Milo - 12-28-2020, 07:18 AM
RE: rorschach the pieces that i lack - by Aurelia - 12-28-2020, 08:03 AM
RE: rorschach the pieces that i lack - by Milo - 12-28-2020, 08:16 AM
RE: rorschach the pieces that i lack - by Aurelia - 12-28-2020, 09:17 AM
RE: rorschach the pieces that i lack - by Milo - 12-28-2020, 10:53 PM
RE: rorschach the pieces that i lack - by Aurelia - 12-29-2020, 01:36 AM
RE: rorschach the pieces that i lack - by Milo - 12-29-2020, 02:07 AM
RE: rorschach the pieces that i lack - by Aurelia - 12-30-2020, 10:01 PM