Personal Quest (Open) Renovations are in order
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

A panther in the night, a fire burning bright.

It had been a few years since Ray had inherited her mother’s shop Lunarium Spice and Herbs. Since she had taken over, business had boomed and it seemed it was high time to give the shop a renovation. She wanted to add a pharmacy and an infirmary too. But firstly there was the need to break down the wall separating the shop from the empty spot  next door. The workshop in the back then needed to be expanded to stretch across the back of both spaces. An infirmary needed to be built so a few new walls were needed to separate it from the future pharmacy.  

Overall, a complete renovation was in order and Ray couldn’t do it herself. She put flyers on the door and sent out word that in a few days she would be closing the  shop to renovate, and that any extra hands would be beneficial. She hoped help would come.

On the day of, she waited excitedly as people arrived. “Thank you so much for being here! I appreciate your help turning the Lunarium Spice and Herbs shop into the Lunarium Apothecary!

1.Nate
2.Aurelia
3. Milo

This is a PQ to establish Ray’s shop and her profession as an herbalist. Four slots available, first come first serve. In your initial post of your character arriving please say if they are breaking down the wall to expand the space, adding the new infirmary walls, or helping to expand the workshop in the back.

r a y

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
—Albert Camus

Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
NATE

Nate had said he'd be here, had offered his help when the expansion had grown from a suggestion to a plan, and here he was. Granted, this will benefit him as well, and it would be incredibly shitty to not show up with that in mind, but still. He wants his hands in things like this.

He's dressed ready to work, a hood up to protect him from the stubborn Deepfrost sun as he steps through the door and grins brightly at Ray. "I know I said I'm just as good at delicate work, but I think I'll be best suited to getting those walls down for you." He laughs, flexing a little. Then they can get to work on the details, on the little things to make the space functional, instead of simply usable.
I love to see the sun
In spite of all it's done
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MILO
i have seen what the darkness does
say goodbye to who i was
As always, Milo’s willing to help out where he can. And as soon as he sees Ray’s notice on her shop and hears the whispers floating around on the breeze, well, Milo’s sure to make the time to come and help. Hopefully this time wielded less results of weird strangers on the beach trying to lure them to a watery grave. Even still, he’s bright and early, a short sleeve shirt worn – while cold for the time being, he imagines it won’t last.

And he approaches the shop, slipping in and giving Ray an easy wave of greeting, lingering toward the back and offering a dip of his head toward the Medical Director. He waits for the others to arrive as well, pausing as he considers the options – ignoring the door for the moment while he decides. Nate appears to have taken the task of tearing the walls down, but that doesn’t mean Milo can’t help put them up.

Aye I betcha I can get th'new ones up!” He offers, flashing a teasing grin toward the doctor before his gaze lands back on Ray with an easier grin. “’m excited for ya Ray, this'll be great fer ya.

Milo picks putting the infirmary walls up!
i ain't ever been away so long
don't look back, those days are gone
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
eyes can't shine unless there's something burning bright behind
Aurelia arrives third, shrugging off the cold from her bare shoulders as she enters the shop dressed in a sleeveless shirt and durable pants. She glances around, mostly to see what there is to be done. At first, she's pleasantly surprised when she sees the familiar faces of Nate and Milo. Then her steps falter and she sort of freezes for a split second.

Ah... uhhh, shit.. Uneasiness spreads over her in the form of raised hair along her arms. Trying to ignore it, trying to act totally natural because nothing is bothering her, totally, she greets them all with a casual(ly nervous) grin.

"I didn't know you were the construction type," she directs this statement towards Nate, feeling slightly awkward even though she's trying to come across as light. He wouldn't say anything, would he? He wouldn't. But she couldn't remember whether or not she'd specifically told him to keep her past between them...

"Hey," she brushes up beside Milo, offering him a distracted smile, "Fancy meeting you here... Hope the Hels didn't give you any trouble?" She's trying to muster some warmth and humor into her voice, though it falls a little flat. Fortunately, she's here for a different reason other than Milo. Directing her attention towards Ray, her words and her smile feel a little smoother, "As promised, I'm here to help."

Without further ado, she makes her way toward the back of the building, where the workshop awaits. Her nerves dissipate the more she redirects her thoughts to the tasks at hand, to get a mental picture of what it looks like Ray is trying to achieve. Her brows seem to carry a permanent crease between them, for some reason.

Aurelia is ready to expand the workshop! (':
Aurelia
Ray Lunarium

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

Ray grinned as everyone arrived, returning their greetings. "Thanks guys. I'm pleasantly surprised that so many of you keep your word." She teased. She was eager to start the massive project before them so quickly shooed them off. "Alright! Let's get started. Try not to break yourselves." With that, the work begins.

It's a mess from the start. A literal mess. It takes Nate three solid attempts to get the wall down. When it finally does fall, the dust and debris get everywhere. Poor Nate himself is absolutely covered, as is everything else around him. Maybe he should have stuck to the delicate work.

Milo has better luck. Barely. He gets the new walls up in two tries. The first set coming out crooked and weak. With a bit more effort, the second attempt comes out excellent. However he ends up with quite a few splinters for his effort. But hey, Milo got the job done.

Aurelia excels where the boys struggled. With a critical eye and thorough planning, she expands the boundaries of the workshop into the new a respectable crafter would have trouble realizing that the two halves were built years apart.

Ray has a field day. A bad one. She tries to help with damage control for Nate and Milo and only makes it worse. Realizing that she does not want to be part of those trainwreck endeavors, she goes to aid Aurelia. Knowing exactly what she wants and needs to make the space usable, she and Aurelia finish their task swiftly and the end result is quite possibly one of the best damn workshops Ray has ever seen. They end up helping the boys finish their tasks. Meaning they help clean up all of the dust and debris before pulling out Milo's splinters.

"Well that was an unexpectedly eventful day. So much for not breaking yourselves. Everyone grab a drink and go home. Get some good rest. Tomorrow we're adding shelves and storage, a door, and a counter. Thank you!" Ray dismissed them, already dreaming of crashing in her bed.

After a mess of a day and much trial and error, the work was completed with only minor injuries.

New tasks! No post order.
1. Add shelves and storage to the new pharmacy, infirmary, and along the new walls.
2. Add a door connecting the original shop to the new wing.
3. Build a counter for the new pharmacy

r a y

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
—Albert Camus

Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Aurelia is glad to have Ray's assistance, making idle chatter as they work, offering bits and pieces of things she's had to learn about building and repairing over the years. When the new and improved workshop is finished, she regards it all with satisfaction. She is willing to help with whatever is left, vaguely aware that things don't go over so smoothly for Milo and Nate.

As for the next day, Aurelia's early and first to arrive (which is her intention). She's finishing off the remainder of an apple, dressed in a similar fashion as the day before, and ready to work. She's well aware of what needs doing thanks to Ray's preparation. So as soon as she enters the shop, she greets Ray with a grin and begins the project of shelving and storage. She's careful to measure things out and work with attention to detail, trying to stay focused on what her hands are doing, trying to make sure everything is well-built, trying not to let her eyes or mind wander.

Aurelia will take over the shelves/storage!
Aurelia
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
MILO
say goodbye to who i was
He didn’t know that Aurelia would be appearing, and it’s a welcome surprise as she appears – a grin spreading across his face in greeting before her distracted smile is spotted. His grin falters a fraction as she brushes up beside him, as her comments of Hels have him shaking his head, cheeks flushing briefly as he rolls his eyes. “Nope, none. Thanks fer yer concern though.” He teases her lightly, smirking before taking his task and moving to set them up.

It’s a fucking challenge though, Milo focused on getting the wall up so quickly that it’s done poorly the first time, and then having to demolish the first attempt, only to try again. He takes his time with it this time. Eventually, however, it’s in place and his hands are covered in splinters that have his brows furrowing, exhausting lingering in his bones as he goes to pull the splinters out, thankfully with help.

And he could definitely go for a drink, diving there before waking up bright and early again to return. He’s not the first this time, though, Aurelia beating him there with grants her a playful poke in her side as he moves to take his task. He decides since the first task of building walls had gone okay for him, that he’ll focus on the counter instead.

Milo picks the counter!
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NATE

Aurelia and Milo follow in on his heels, both of them earning a bright grin from the ascended. ”I dabbled, when I was younger.” It’s all Nate offers on response though, not a thought spared to what she’d told him at the clinic. It was Aurelia’s business, not something to hold over her head when it suited him. Besides, why sink down into personal issues when there was work to be done?

Whoever built this place initially had to be some kind of a master carpenter. Nate has put his fist through walls before, torn through construction sites and to-be demolished buildings in his teens like a hellion, and he’s never had so much trouble as this one wall has given him. As just as it finally seems like he’s getting somewhere, the wall gets its revenge, crumbling away into a mess of splintered wood and dusty plaster. With a moment spared to curse darkly, Nate picks up the mess he’s made, his spirits rising again when the more successful hands of Ray and Aurelia come to assist. It’s not a lot of work, but it is about all he can handle without snapping for the day, and he’s glad when they’re dismissed, excited to return in better spirits.

He’s last to arrive, but he’s last to arrive for a very good reason, the smell of breakfast and the tinkling of the door bell announcing Nate’s arrival. A box is set on whatever flat surface is most convenient, stocked with a ceramic pot of coffee, fresh buns, sliced fruit, and crispy rounds of back bacon. Just because he doesn’t eat doesn’t mean he’s unfamiliar with just how motivating food can be.

Though his tardiness has cost him, the only task left one of his least favourites. Doors are always a tricky beast, and Nate tries to avoid a repeat performance of yesterday, taking to his work slowly and methodically. Everything has to fit together, and he only wants to have to do it once.

Nate arrives with breakfast for everyone and gets to work on the door!
I love to see the sun
Ray Lunarium

Change author:

In high spirits Ray begins the day, incredibly thankful for Nate's offerings. Coffee is needed for her to get through this day. Once everyone arrives, the work begins. Today goes a bit better, but not by much.

Poor Aurelia struggles with the shelves and storage options. These walls truly are tough and it takes her three rounds of nailing and readjusting to get them to stay in place. By the end her hands are sore and Ray wonders just what in the world these walls are made of. First Nate and now Aurelia?

Milo has better luck today. He crafts a usable and decent looking counter with only a bit of trouble. He only gets one splinter this time. Still carpentry and construction in general is probably not for him.

Nate takes his time and it pays off. The door he crafts is sturdy, straight, and frankly gorgeous. He even adds a nice little Pharmacy sign to it. How a door can be so pretty, no one present knows. But it is.

Ray tries to help Aurelia and ends up almost stabbing her hand with a nail. Deciding she doesn't want to do that anymore, she helps Milo and Nate finish up their tasks, providing decent aid. Still today has exhausted her. Construction is hard.

"Ok. Well that went, decently. At least the construction aspect is finally done. Tomorrow we stock the infirmary, the pharmacy, and the workshop. It's going to be a day of manual labor but thankfully no building. See you tomorrow!" Ray sends them out the door with cookies. She gives one last bewildered glance at the wall. What is that thing made of?!

Overall, the day is a success but it's clear that this is a far more difficult project then any of them thought it would be. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Next tasks: No post order.

1. Stock the infirmary with beds (Ray bought some that are arriving in the morning), medical supplies, etc.
2. Stock the pharmacy with the medicinal herbs, med kits, and ointments from next door.
3. Move in the new workshop equipment that just arrived (vials, tables, etc.)

r a y

—Albert Camus

Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
say goodbye to who i was
There’s at least more success to the smuggler, the fact that he only gets one splinter as opposed to the many he’d had the day before. The food and coffee helped immensely as well, keeping his spirits up even if the counter proved to be incredibly frustrating at times. He manages, however, wiping sweat from his brow in annoyance and relief when it’s done.

The next day he’s the first to arrive, roughly around the time that the beds are delivered and other supplies, and he slips in to wave his greeting to Ray before peering around at all the items. And he knows he’s not a healer, knows he’s not delicate enough to handle the equipment (positive he’d break something, and besides – Nate’s a doctor, he imagines that it would be better for someone who knows what their doing to handle those other projects.

A’ight, beds it is. Don’ be ‘fraid t’yell at me if I put ‘em where ya don’t want ‘em.” He calls over to Ray with a chuckle of laughter – getting to work in placing the beds in the rooms and stocking it with medical supplies – of course after ensuring he knew which ones went where.

Milo takes beds!
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE

The ease he has with the door absolutely makes up for the struggles he'd had before with the wall. Sure, it might take some more time, he might have to put a little more work into it, but by the end of the day, the door is completed and beautiful, if he does say so himself. He's going to brag about it. Going to mention it every single time he sends someone in Ray's direction for medication. I built that nice door in there, you know. He's already looking forward to it.

Another day ends, and another morning comes, Nate armed with yet more coffee and some muffins this time. The space is shaping up rather nicely, coming together into something functional and put together, and he's proud to have been a part of it. While Nate's first thought is to help with moving over the various medicinal herbs and ointments, he very quickly reminds himself that plants are not exactly his forte. Sure, he's learning, but learning does not a master make. So instead, he puts his money where his mouth is (was). This is where the delicate work comes in. Supplies have been delivered alongside the beds, alongside tables, and Nate gets to work furnishing the workroom, before beginning the task of transporting and organizing the more fragile equipment, making sure everything is in a place that makes sense.

Nate moves the workshop equipment!
I love to see the sun
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
The food Nate brings catches Aurelia's attention and she pauses from her work to sink into a portion of it. "Hey, thanks, Nate! This is delicious!" She eats quick, though, as usual, and returns to her job with haste - but not before wandering over to observe Milo's work on the counter, making some sort of flirty joke about nails (lol sky gets it >.>). Today she feels a bit better about things, not as nervous, more confident that Nate hadn't said anything about anything to Milo.

A lot of the issues Aurelia runs into with the shelves are small yet numerous, impairing the speed at which she gets everything done. She finds the work to be difficult and stubborn in spite of her best efforts. A few curses can be heard when the occasional tool doesn't quite do its job, or if she accidentally hurts herself:

"Gahh!"

"How'd that even happen?"

"Fuck it, I'll start over."

By the time she's done, her hands are scuffed up and her skin is dampened by a layer of sweat. It's likely she'll ask Ray for bandages for a few of her fingers.

The next day, Aurelia arrives some time after Milo and Nate, greeting them all with a wave. "Hopefully the work today goes smoothly," She offers in slight jest, wiggling her still-bandaged fingers for emphasis. For a moment she pauses beside Milo and offers him one of the muffins Nate brought, an easy smile gracing her features, "Try not to get anymore splinters, hm?"

Then, she begins to work on organizing the medicines and related instruments. She is not at all confident about pharmaceuticals but, how hard can it be?

Aurelia will handle stocking the pharmacy!
Aurelia
Ray Lunarium

Change author:

Ray begins the day with high hopes. Although the first day was rough, the second was better. And she refused to believe otherwise that today would have even greater success. As she sipped her coffee and ate her muffing, greeting everyone, she had no idea how wrong she would prove to be.

"Alright! Let's get this done and tomorrow we get to decorate!" Ray exclaims before the work begins.

It's a hot mess. So much goes wrong from the beginning. And it only gets worse.

Milo manages to get the first bed into the infirmary with only a single stubbed toe. The second he has no trouble with besides it being heavy and awkward to lift. But as he tries to get the last bed in, he hits a wall and drops the entire bed straight onto his foot. Ray rushes ot help and thankfully it's not broken. Only very bruised. He'll be limping for a few days at least. And there's a dent in the wall too, can't forget that.

Nate begins by making a loose plan of where to place everything. It's not a bad one at first glance. But certain tools and herbs need to be kept away from each other. Seems he forgot that, and as everyone works a loud bang does off. A small barrel explodes and singes one of Nate's eyebrows off. Thankfully there's a another barrel of the herb and nothing else was damaged. But now there's a singe mark on the wall and Nate should really wash his face of soot.

Aurelia starts off strong. Despite not having an in depth understanding of everything she's organizing, she manages to stock the pharmacy. It's organized by usage of the product and frankly looks fantastic. The only problem is that two of her shelves from yesterday give out under the weight of the products. Those are going to need to be fixed.

Ray bandages Milo's foot like a pro and helps him get the beds organized as needed. The infirmary looks great, apart from the dent. As the bang goes off, she runs to Nate, only to get a face full of smoke and debris that leaves her wiping her eyes and cursing. She goes to check on Aurelia after she finally gets the soot out of her eyes only to have one of the faulty shelves fall onto her shoulder. That'll leave a bruise.

"Ok. How the fuck do we have such shitty luck?" Ray asks, wrapping her shoulder. "This wasn't supposed to be a health hazard of a job!" Her face falls into her hand as she waves them off. "For the love of all this is good in this world, please go rest and tend to yourselves. We'll meet tomorrow morning to clean up. Hopefully nothing else will break or try to kill us.

Overall it's a mess of a day. Progress was made but progress was undone. They're going to have to fix their mess before moving on to decorating.  No post order.

1. The dent in the wall of the infirmary needs to be repaired.
2. The singe mark in the workshop needs to be cleaned as well as the soot cleared out.
3. The two broken shelves need to be replaced and restocked.

r a y

—Albert Camus

Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE

The day starts with all of them in such high spirits. And for Nate at least, that lasts a little bit. His plans come together, various tools and glassware set away neatly, in some exacting order that only he can really scrutinize. Really, he should know better, he should expect everything to blow up in his face, and it's always a thought lingering in the back of his head, worry about how this day is going to go wrong. Somehow, he didn't think it would be quite so literal.

The barrel catches him completely off guard, no warning save for a small whine that he can't quite place until it's too late. His reaction is utterly undignified, utterly panicked, a handful of colourful, heavy swears leaving him, understandable and not, lyrical curses learned from his grandparents and rougher, angrier ones form Sunjata, while he throws himself against the opposite wall, desperate hands patting at his face to stifle the flames, the heat that he knows has to be there. Except, there isn't much, just a too smooth patch above his eye and the prickly sensation of an almost burn. He's embarrassed enough that he's silent the rest of the day, leaving with only a rough word thrown Ray's direction.

Nate's still burdened by breakfast the next day, coffee and slices of some sweet loaf cake provided. His face is clean, though it's nearly impossible to tell with the large, darkly tinted glasses on his face, hiding away his eyes, most of his missing eyebrow. At least he's in a better mood, a grin on his face as he steps into the shop proper. "I'll handle the shelves today." He says, grabbing some tools to go and repair the broken shelf. Restocking it should be easy, once he's got the carpentry out of the way.

Nate decides to fix and restock the broken shelf!
I love to see the sun