wasnt built for comfort
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Samuel
Sam hadn't been at the Festival of Lights himself, but word had spread quickly of what had happened there, especially as the returned Ascended spread out from Halo and began to settle in other regions. It seemed beyond belief; he knew the Voice was powerful, but he'd never imagined this.

Of course, it was a good thing, especially so close to their fight against the monsters; more people meant more of a chance, even if they weren't warriors. While the idea of so many more 'family members' to meet filled him with the familiar dread of social anxiety, he thought it would be a good idea to get to know those that he'd be fighting alongside in Longnight (and hopefully afterwards too, though who knew?). Having heard there was one of the returned dead spending time in the Vlamvloed, he headed there one evening, fiddling with his shirt even on the way from anxiety and tension, but wanting to do his best to say hello.

Entering the bar, at first he sat at the edge and looked around, keenly aware that he had no idea what this person actually looked like; he spent a long time staring at people's mouths for the glint of a fang, averting his eyes when they looked back. Eventually, he noticed them (and looked away, this time because the man was rather handsome and now he was embarrassed for an entirely different reason) and swallowed, then stood up and approached.

"Hello, my name is Samuel, um...I'm an Ascended, and I heard you are now too...?" He held out a hand towards Ezra, forced smile on his face.

I drink too much coffee and I think of you often
In a city where reality has long been forgotten
Rathskeller Owner

Age: 27 | Height: 6' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
EZRA

Things I am currently enjoying:

1) not being dead.

Things I would change about item one:

a) also not being super alive.

Like, okay, so I can walk and talk and flirt and look fabulous, but I can't get drunk? Or high? Or hard? It's a waste, really, and while I am eternally grateful to Our Lady And Savior Madame Você, perfect beings we the people certainly are not.

And yet here I am draped over a bar, keeping an eye on the comings and goings while wearing something black and frilly and revealing that I found in one of the empty rooms. What can I say? I'm a creature of habit, even if many of my favorite habits are, quite literally, left behind to a past life.

So yeah. Draped on the bar, lazily pouring drinks for those fortunate souls who can enjoy them and waiting for someone to catch my eye. And the guy who does? He's a skinny and shy thing, not my type at all, all short and soft with ridiculous red hair and bright blue eyes. But hey, attention is attention, and so as he comes closer I flash him a dazzling white-fanged smile, extending my hand to lay in his, the lack of any sensation from contact deeply disconcerting.

"Ezra," I purr back, recalling my fingers to lay my chin upon my palm, elbow on the wooden bartop as I lean closer to Samuel. "You have good ears- I am indeed one among our risen ranks. I take it you've been doing this for some time? Being gorgeously undead, that is."
isn't it lovely, all alone
heart made of glass, my mind of stone
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:

Samuel
Not quite prepared for the way the new Ascended purred out his name like it was a suggestion all of itself and then called him gorgeous, Sam stood and blinked, for a moment forgetting to take his hand away. When he did he snatched it too quickly, almost smacked himself in the face, then promptly looked down to the ground in shame. "Um, yes. Yes, I've been Ascended for a while. Thirteen years now."

Trying to recover after the disaster of an introduction, he sighed and looked back up to meet Ezra's eyes, slipping into a seat and placing his hands on the counter. "Sorry, I'm not very good at meeting new people. How are you finding it? Being Ascended, I mean. I know it can be a shock for people at first..." They were often angry, demanding to know why they couldn't experience what they used to, or asking why they had to serve the Voice. Ezra did seemed pretty collected, though Sam knew that could change in an instant.

I drink too much coffee and I think of you often
In a city where reality has long been forgotten