[SEASONAL EVENT] [OPEN] Sticks and (Glow)Stones
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081

what.

Whilst Ronin had a light conjuration ring, he also had a large guildhall that he needed to prepare and light up and warm for the LongNight. Ten feet of light didn't go very far when he reminded himself of that fact. And so he came to the Glade, hoping to gather some wood to use as fuel for the fire in the hall. Why the Glade and not the Woodlands? Well, because there were also glow stones in the Glade.

And whilst the guildmaster knew that they would lose their glow if he removed them, he couldn't help but want to examine them further. Keeping a few around would be infinitely useful, if he could only get them to stay lit. He daydreamed as he meandered through the array of glowing pebbles, gathering fallen branches and other kindling which he then tossed into the sled he dragged along behind him.
Alistair Valentus
Monster Hunter

Age: 32 | Height: 6' 0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Andy Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ALISTAIR
Gears of his mask flickered inward and outward as Alistair studied Ronin and the provisions he seemed to be gathering.

Unseen, he lingered for a moment before he quietly took a seat on the sled, crossing his legs as he looked over the provisions for what appeared to be, building a fire.

He said nothing, just tilted his head curiously before looking over at Ronin awaiting for him to approach and maybe get a startle at his sudden appearance.

The longer Alistair exposed himself to the mask and it's ability to bend time and space, allowing to phase in and out of existence, the more peculiar effects it began to have on his psyche, not that it would be entirely noticeable at the moment.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

what.

Alistair would get exactly what he expected (wanted?) when Ronin finally turned to put some more firewood into the sled. To the guildmaster's credit he didn't shout or react too dramatically - Ronin gave a sharp inhale and flinched back from the sled, the light conjuration ring on his finger flaring to life.

Aided by the glow of the stones as well, the two men were bathed in a halo of light that allowed Ronin to recognise in the stranger on his sled Alistair's familiar posture.

"The hell do you think you're doing, slinking around like that?" His voice was playfully chastising and still a touch shocked. "You scared the shit out of me, Al. How'd you get so sneaky? And what's with the mask...?"
Alistair Valentus
Monster Hunter

Age: 32 | Height: 6' 0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Andy Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ALISTAIR
The geared eyes hummed as it flickered, widened and narrowed as the lenses zoomed in and out as it observed Ronin

While it could not be seen behind the mask, his shaking shoulders did little to disguise his laughter and amusement from his friend and guildmaster.

"Thought you could use a friendly hand or two."

Spoke a distorted voice from the mask he had worn. Alistair stood from the sled as he lifted his hands and wiggled his fingers to emphasize the point.

"As for the mask, it was a gift from my father. When we were taken, before I arrived here, a most peculiar thing happened. I woke in a study with a man who claimed to be my father. I never knew anything of him, but he certainly knew everything about me...knew of Ishmal, my adopted father, of my life in Northwind, everything."

Alistair explained, his hands waving about casually to elaborate the story further as he walked over to a tree, taking a hunting knife and shaving off the bark while keeping the humming gear-like eyes aimed at Ronin.

"Didn't have time, but he gave me this mask and told me to mind it. Since arriving I've been too scared to try it. Funny how certain moments in life you assume would break you, offer you clarity beyond what you thought possible.

I didn't want to be this miserable, self-loathing waste of life after being given another chance to make the most of my life. I embraced the change, embraced the spontaneity that comes with life every day we wake up. So one morning I woke up...thought I'd give it a whirl. It was incredible, and perhaps in part plays toward my...sneaky...nature as you put it. The mask allows me to teleport, phase in and out for within a good 15ft or so, maybe more given my momentum. The pulse of the mask is linked to this here glove, though the charge is only good for three puffs. Still though, it's proven quite useful."

He'd glance to the bark and to Ronin as he lifted it into view with a shake.

"Tree bark, easily flammable, lasts longer than most tinder. Plus the tree will live and grow another. Helpful tip."

The distorted voice called out as it tossed the bark into the sled.

"Vanya holding up well enough?"
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

what.

It was a strange sensation to say the least, to watch the mask play at expressions whilst his friend's tinny voice echoed within. Ronin stood straighter now that the initial shock was fading, blinking and lifting his hand - and thus the ring of light on his finger - to better examine the object. "I could certainly use a friendly hand or two," he said eventually, smiling crookedly, "though I rather expected to be able to recognise the owner of those friendly hands."

Ronin folded his arms across his chest as he watched Alistair rise to his feet and explain, his gesticulations seeming both like his fellow hunter and not - it had the guildmaster second guessing, if only for a moment, that it really was Al in there. He continued to collect dead wood from the Glade floor as the other man explained more about the mask, Ronin's eyebrows shooting up as he learned about the apparent new ability to teleport.

"That certainly sounds helpful," he remarked with a smirk, tilting his head at the bark that landed in the sled and nodding in gratitude. "Noted, though I try never to collect the living stuff anyway. It doesn't burn well."

Talk of Vanya was always going to bring a smile to his lips, and he shrugged and paused in his task. "Well enough, I think. For someone who has never done this she seems like a natural. I'm the one with all the nerves I think."