{se} bobbing on the waves
Arialla Calimeris

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Arialla

It hadn't occurred to Arialla that her dolphin's form might resemble a shark well enough to bother Henry -- and, having dipped into the waves, she didn't see his reaction.

As she returned, she let out a loud "Ecch!" when her transformation led to her holding the mucky, algae-covered object in her mouth. It hadn't bothered her in her dolphin form, but as a human? Truly disgusting. Quickly, she spat it out into her hand, then washed out her mouth with sea water.

"I found something shiny," she said finally, walking up out of the waves, "but I'll need to clean it up to tell what it is. How about you?"

Looking at Henry, she noted his work and smiled. "Seems like you've been having a good time here. I think those will look really nice on the firling."

please don't take my sunshine away

coding base by Skylark
Henry Walker
Advisor

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
sacrifice what you are for what you can become
Through the metal tube, he sees her rise up from the waves as herself once more. As she nears, he also spies a mistake she's made similar to his own. He cracks a grin and chuckles, lowering the spyglass as she spits out the mystery object.

More directly looking at her, he raises his brows curiously and eyes what she has in her hands. "Shiny, eh?" He echoes, setting the decoration down. The other stays around his neck, though, and he smirks, "You know, not everything that shines is always gold,"

"Sure am! I think it compliments my eyes, too," he pokes at the shells around his neck for emphasis before continuing, "looked like you were having fun," he nods towards the ocean with a more genuine smile, "Was that a new shift?"

Giving her a few moments to answer, he offers his hand out towards the grimy, shiny thing, "I can clean that off for you, if you want."
HENRY
Arialla Calimeris

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:

Arialla

"Sure," Arialla replied with a smile, "but everything that shines is a potential tree-hanging bauble."

Her smile widened as Henry pointed out the qualities of his "necklace." She couldn't say she thought it made very good jewelry in truth, but this was all in good fun, all in jest, right? "It does indeed. Yes, that's one of my first times becoming a dolphin. I used to see them on the ocean all the time -- fishermen would follow them to where the fish were, so of course we considered them good luck."

And the dolphin shift seemed to have brought her luck so far, after all, with her shiny little bauble. She handed it over to Henry. "That would be great; thank you."

coding base by Skylark
Henry Walker
Advisor

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
sacrifice what you are for what you can become
He laughs and shrugs his shoulders. "That..." he wags his finger at her, as if he's set to prove her wrong, "is very true."

At the revelation that her shift is new, and is a dolphin, he eyes her with keen, contented interest. He nods thoughtfully at the idea of them being considered lucky, but he's never been inclined toward the ocean - as she'd found out the last time they met - and he certainly isn't privvy to the wildlife in it. Aside from sharks, because fuck those things. "Looks like it gave you some of its luck," he motions to the shiny thing in her hands and that's when he offers to clean it off for her.

He takes it into his hand and uses the bottom of his shirt to scrub it clean. He's not one to grimace at a dirty shirt, being that he's no stranger to hard work, so this is done with zero level of hesitance. Grimy green ocean goo begone! When he lifts the treasure back up toward Arialla, the sunlight reflects off of it very nicely.

"There you go," he offers her another one of his friendly smiles. "Get that ready and we can go hang this stuff up!" He tears a piece of twine for her, should she want to use it.
HENRY
Arialla Calimeris

Change author:

Arialla

Arialla smiled at Henry's laugh, chuckling a little herself, and when he remarked on the dolphin's luck, she nodded: just her own thoughts. "I thought so too. Great minds think alike?"

She took the sparkly object from Henry with interest, turning it over in her hands. It looked like it might have been a piece of jewelry at some point, a golden medallion with a twisting design carved into it. Even with the muck cleared off, it was hard to make out the lines, but still, a nice piece. Some of the scratches and dings on it showed that it wasn't solid gold, just thinly gilded, or Arialla might have hesitated to hand such a nice find over to the firling. But maybe the tree would bless her in turn, and anyway, she could always find more now that she'd hit on the idea of using her dolphin shift for treasure hunting.

The medallion even had an eyelet for a string to go through, so it was quick work for Arialla to string it on a piece of twine. "There -- I think that's enough, don't you? That tree will be decked out like royalty."

- FIN

coding base by Skylark