deus ex machina
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
we cannot become what we want to be by remaining what we are
Amalia listens and feels her heart stop beating in her chest. Every word is a deafening echo pounding against the doors that hold back the floodgate of emotions, so easily let loose; and yet she holds against the onslaught even as she creaks and groans within. Of all the terrors she expected, none equate to this; of all the wonders she has witnessed, none is even close to equal.

The words of others are hollow echoes, half-heard beneath the drumming of what she has just learned. Questions and wonderings and plans and theories, but none of them matter to the Shield. They're alive, claws at her throat and her mind and her heart, electrifies her blood and hurts her. They're alive they're alive they're alive they're alive---

She rises mechanically, without much thought. Her mouth opens and the words that come out are surprisingly steady, though they sound distant in her ears, as though they were being spoken through water from a million miles away. "Edrei is a fighter. Abandoned. Queen of the Gounds, briefly. She nearly killed me once. She died to a land shark.

"Isla is a medic. Ascended when she died the first time. Ludo put her soul in a unicorn, and she died again.

"Maea is... smart. Abandoned. I knew her since we were girls. She drowned.

"Peter was a spy. A... hybrid, I think. He died... to a dragon. I was there."

There are tears in her eyes, but she won't let them fall. She swallows, knowing the next two will hurt the most.

"Adam Pikely... was a thief. And a scoundrel. And a good man. Attuned. He... died to the same dragon as Peter." The memories threaten to crash over her like a tsunami, and it's only through force of will that she keeps them at bay. Nails lengthened to claws press deep against her palms, enough to leave angry furrows that will soon lead to blood. Eyes closed, she forces her way through the last of the report. "Kiada Njovu-Reyes was a warrior. The brightest, most brilliant survivor I've ever known. She was Attuned, and she died saving Tanau." And I let her fall.

She doesn't know the other names or who they attach to, nor does she care. The final name breaks whatever fragile strength has kept her together thus far; as mechanically as she rose Amalia turns, her voice breaking as her vision narrows on the exit from the room. "I'm- I'm sorry. I need to leave," the Archangel mumbles to nobody in particular.

And then, unless anyone tries to stop her, the girl in grief is gone.
Amalia
Cian ó Broin
The Eye

Age: 40 | Height: 5' 9 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: / - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 19 - Int: 2
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
CIAN
the eye
"If I knew—" Cian says patiently as his blue eyes turn toward Falke before his voices rises suddenly and shockingly. "—do you not think I would have fucking led with that?" There is a vein in the center of the Eye's forehead which is now pulsing and prominent. That too, is unprecedented.

Jaw clenching, Cian takes a breath. "Warriors they certainly were not. Not based on the records we have of them." He says in response to Ronin. "As with the barrier it is likely a game of numbers. It worked for her before."

As for abilities? He shakes his head at Sera. "Their upgrades seem...largely unremarkable." A bit of electricity. A bit of heightened defences. Certainly nothing out of the ordinary.

"Just last week you cautioned patience." Cian says as his eyes flicker toward Finn. It's merely a statement of fact. Much has changed and he isn't surprised the Spyglass's opinion has as well. "If we press such a conflict, are we ready for the consequences should that set certain wheels in motion?" Now he looks to Ronin, to Amalia, to Amaris.

Amalia's teary remarks receive no response from Cian, though as she flees the room, his jaw stiffens. He'd thought one of Vi's chosen would have more fortitude of spirit, but so far every encounter with the Archangel had been dramatic and unhelpful. Even Ronin who had openly threatened to kill him was keeping a level head.

"I asked for suggestions about what we ought to do next. So far, we have Finn's suggestion that we ought to provoke a confrontation via the two demigods in the Greatwood.

What say the rest of you?"
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
she is like the sun to night
She didn’t know the names, the faces – just the news. It startled and bound, sent her far more rigid than before, and she’d had every right to feel nervous. Her head hung, not quite belonging to the planning, to the Order at all, absorbing the nuances around her. Stunned into silence, she only glanced side-long at her sister, before mustering a breath, a sharpened inhale. How had the Voice garnered such power, to infiltrate Mort’s realm? To take back some of her souls, and those that belonged with their own? The youth took no heed

She lifted her cranium at Finn’s suggestion, shrugging her shoulders, attempting to muster some strength, gaze segmented to the Eye with a stern jawline, not betraying nerves. “I’m Attuned. I can go if we need more information.” Spur of the moment, impulse, yearning to help, not thinking of costs, abilities, or if the world beyond would take notice, heed of her.

Otherwise, she had naught. A caretaker of animals; not an orchestrator of war.
a momentary gold
Lena
Base Code by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Online
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
the darkstar
Ronin is remaining level-headed - it's his usual state, not that Cian would know that well, though even he glances up sharply at the display of temper that comes rolling across the room like thunder from the Eye. Amalia leaves, and the Star is on his feet about to follow her when the tail end of Cian's proposition reaches him. Ronin ends up halting near the door - for as much as he cares for his friend, suddenly this is about Remi as well. And there's no contest, truly.

"Absolutely not." He can't stop the words from blurting out as he turns to face Cian again, his brows knit into a frown. "That isn't just a demigod you're talking about out there, it's my husband. If you plan to provoke any kind of confrontation, I'd like to be involved." And there's a very high likelihood of Remi knowing about it beforehand.
Falke Guildenstern
The "Fixer"

Age: 40 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 18 - Int:
OPHELIA - Regular - Brown Weeper Capuchin
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
We're all just ticking time bombs
Cian’s attack (verbal though it may be) is indeed unprecedented. Rather than take it personally, the Fixer raises a brow - something the Eye isn’t likely to miss. His head tilts ever to slightly to one side as if to say I know something’s wrong and there are others who know something’s wrong and if he doesn’t want to do anything about it, that’s his own choice, but it has been noted.

Falke can’t do anything about it, other than note the display and save it for later ponderings. Probably a discussion with Tobi, to see if she got the same read on their esteemed leader.

A few others speak, but no one adds more suggestions, so he tries again. Take two on being constructive to the conversation.

“I don’t think we’re ready if we press a conflict. Not if Halo and Torchline aren’t with us, or even one of them, isn’t with us.” He pauses, thinking back to what he knows about the Grounds.

“What about LongNight? If I recall, they've taken some big hits at LongNight. Why not wait and see what happens?”
FALKE
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
FINN

Soft spoken and non-confrontational as the Spyglass is, perhaps it is no surprise that he is one of those in the room who flinches most obviously as Cian's voice thunders out at them. His pencil slips from between his fingers, clattering to the floor, and he leans down to retrieve it with shaking hands. Forcing a confrontation had been a suggestion, one of a couple, but that it is the one at the forefront of Cian's tirade does not surprise him.

Still, he says nothing - not necessarily because he has nothing to add, but rather because Cian has asked for suggestions from the rest of them. And the Spyglass is not keen to bring those stern blue eyes around to him, is not keen for that kind of attention.
listen to silence. it has so much to say

Code taken from Sky who is utter perfection
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 12 - Int:
LEVIATHAN - Mythical - Dragon (Air Blast)
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
survival of the richest,
the city's ours until the fall
What if…” Sera chimes at first, ignoring the flinching and sharp words of Cian. She hasn’t been on the receiving end of confrontation like Finn has, the Artificer has no qualms with drawing those piercing gaze toward her. “What if we build something to block their use of the Portal?” She considers it carefully, tongue darting along her lower lip. “They know they’re not welcome in the Greatwood. That leaves… Portals and King’s End for them to travel through. We could create barriers in the Wilds to prevent their travel and attempt something quietly with the spire.

It’s a suggestion, one that has her builders mind roving over and over again. Dark eyes remain on Cian, expectant of what he might take from it, how he could change it and improve it. She pays little mind to Amalia and Ronin’s departure, focused entirely on the conversation at hand. “It wouldn’t be an outright move because we’re not starting a confrontation.” Just… A protective barrier in a sense. To trap them in slowly just as the gods had done hundreds of years ago.
they're monaco and hamptons bound,
but we don't feel like outsiders at all
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Change author:
MP: 3059
i promise you i will learn from all my mistakes
"Me too." Tobi adds quickly after Lena, turning her eyes to the caretaker and offering a small smile. The two of them were apart of a small handful of attuned in all of Stormbreak. "A dog and a fox. Surely no one would think twice about us." Though if anyone did, it wasn't as though she or Lena were in any position to defend themselves. "We'd..probably need a compass though, just in case." Tobi adds, then swallows hard on the words. Obviously they'd need a compass. How else would they get there?

Closing her mouth and feeling out of place in the meeting, Tobi instead casually begins to draw on the corner of her notepad, closest to Finn. She writes, what's the difference between a piano and a fish? As subtly as she can, she nudges him with her leg under the table to get his attention.
October
Cian ó Broin
The Eye

Age: 40 | Height: 5' 9 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
CIAN
the eye
You'd think Ronin's words would anger the Eye, but if anything, it's amusement that flashes behind his denim stare as he turns to look at the Star. Absolutely not? Cian smiles in a way that looks charming, but is entirely condescending, though it's hard to say why. 'From our records, your husband is the strongest of the demigods' in terms of HP, don't @ me Cian says dryly, before nodding in Falke's direction. "But Dr. Guildenstern is quite right..there are always many deaths during LongNight. Perhaps those who have been returned are just...fodder."

Or, perhaps cogs for some much larger plan.

"Interesting. There was talk years ago of the fae trying to trap the portal in the Mathair to kill any ascended who came through it. Perhaps something similar could be done elsewhere. Traps seem..arduous. Perhaps there is a way to harness sunlight to constantly shine upon the portals?"
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Online
Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
Ronin cages his response behind clenched teeth, though there's no doubt in anyone's mind that he'd very much like to show Cian how he feels about this with more than words. But he's right - Remi is arguably the strongest of those they have available. So Cian can go and tell him to put himself and Mateo in danger, and Ronin can sit back and watch. It sounds like a fair deal, and even as the conversation moves on he contents himself with sinking back into his seat, letting his imagination run wild.

Fodder and sunlight? He itches at the stubble on his chin. "If it's sunlight you want to harness, I can speak to Safrin. The sun is a star, after all," he says - because like it or not, if he's required to help with this sort of thing, he can't say no. Not now that he's standing in the limelight of all of this Big Picture stuff.
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
FINN

The nudge under the table is unexpected, and it draws Finn's attention to the doctor beside him. Stormy eyes flash towards her face, then drop to her notepad where she's definitely not minuting this meeting. (Is anyone minuting the meeting? Should he be doing it?) Before Finn can worry himself afresh with these new internal questions, he actually catches what Tobi has written. His brow furrows - slowly, his pencil touches back to the paper beside Tobi's.

An enormous amount, he writes carefully and with deliberate consideration, as if he is actually puzzling over what has been said and suggested so far. Shall I write you a list? Regardless of the answer to what he knows is going to be a terrible joke, Finn is already listing the differences.

It's a short list.

One is a piano, and one is a fish.
listen to silence. it has so much to say

Code taken from Sky who is utter perfection
Cian ó Broin
The Eye

Change author:
CIAN
the eye
"Then speak with Safrin." Cian says sharply, with a dismissive wave toward Ronin that, though there is tension between Eye and Star, seems as though it isn't actually directed to Ronin. 'And someone please find out where the fuck Gideon is." He adds with a deep inhale.

Cian is frustrated, and, perhaps for the first time in the memories of this seated around him, he isn't sure what they should do next. Though none of them do, apparently.

Well, not for now. Perhaps the plan of letting LongNight sort things out will yeild results. And if not? It at least buys them time.

~FIn