knew better, did it anyway
Remimimi~
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE

The further into Deepfrost they get, the more Nate finds himself spending time in the Hollowed Grounds, and the more he hates it. He could be home instead. Could be making preparations, could be making potentially final memories with his husband, could be anywhere but here. But hey, what's the point in dwelling on shit he can't change?

At least he has a nice distraction here, strutting into the infirmary like he owns the place, an unlit cigarette hanging from between his lips as he looks around for Isla, ready to talk some kind of shop and throw himself entirely into that. Except, his fellow ascended isn't there, Remi is. "Oh." It's not disappointed, but it is surprised, Nate's head cocking as he weighs the situation, considers turning tail and not sticking his fingers into yet another pie. There's only so many burns a man can take.

Moderation and good sense have never come easily to the doctor though, so he lets a grin grow over his lips, his tongue flicking out to wet them before he fixes the alchemist with a sparkling, intense gaze. "Thought you were galavanting through the woods?"
But I know that time's gonna take me
I know that day's gonna come
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
right now everything you want is wrong
& right now all your dreams are waking up
Remi's expression is as surprised as Nate's mumble is. Looking properly dischevelled—his shirt sitting awkwardly on his large frame, his collar tugged to the side where Isla's bite marks are still clearly evident, his curls tousled on his head, cheeks flushed, and his pants unequivocably tented in the front—the alchemist stops dead in his tracks, his addled mind unable to make sense of seeing Nate. Were Remi an ascended, his scratch-disk would have been completely full.

"Uh." The alchemist begins unhelpfully, his mind rushing to shut down other thoughts so that he might have the resources for this conversation. "No I was. Matheo..." He inclines his head over his shoulder as if it will make any sense to Nate. That his son is asleep in the Temple is not at all communicated by this gesture though. Nor the leap between Infirmary + Mateo = Isla was checking up on the boy. It's a strange thing, going from pressing your best friend against a wall and wanting nothing more than to fuck them, to having a rather mundane conversation in the hallway with a rather confused erection, and Remi clearly wasn't handling the transition very well.
The Lullaby
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NATE

Well this particular chance now inter is off to a fantastic start, but isn’t that the fun of chance. Isn’t he, in a way, looking specifically for a distraction like this?

Nonsense leaves Remi, and all the doctor does is nod, a smile playing at his lips, still deciding if it’s going to stay or not. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out what’s happened in the last five minutes, and he doesn’t need an excuse to linger, shifting closer so smoothly it barely seems like he takes a step, eager to poke at Remi as he is right now.

There’s a drop of amusement in the doctors voice when he speaks, his eyes dropping, then rising with a knowing look. ”Do you want a minute?” Don’t say it hold it in do not”Or a hand?” Its impossible to tell if his laughter makes the offer or or less joking, Nate shifting, cocking a hip out like he could turn and leave any time, or...
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Remi's blood is still in all the wrong places, such that Nate might have donned a party hat and he'd hardly have noticed. That said, it doesn't escape the alchemist's attention that the real source of his discomfort has been identified thanks to the descent of Nate's stunning blue stare. Laughing far more loudly than the situation calls for, Remi shakes his head instantly. "No—" Not a minute. Even were he alone, the thought of masturbating to thoughts of he and Isla felt scandalously improper. Nate's offer is taken as a joke—attractive though he might be, Remi is certainly no Sunjata—so he merely shoves his hands in his pockets so that his balled-up fists might relieve some of the pressure there. "Ha-ha. No, Isla is going to help me with something dangerous so I offered my shift, and..." Remi struggles to explain, or justify.

But he was talking to Nate of all people. Doctor and ascended. "..well, you know what it's like." He adds a touch lamely, shrugging his shoulders as he tries to subtly widen his stance to make things easier on himself.
The Lullaby
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE

Nate let’s his unblinking gaze burn into Remi a moment longer, and then a moment past that, before he shrugs, and finally blinks, stepping closer still. So they’re having a normal conversation then, regardless of the less than ideal beginning.

Nodding through the still garbled but far more sensible explanation (justification? Who is Nate to judge?) the doctor lets a brow rise as his interest is piqued. ”Its been a while since I was on your side of it, but yea.” A hand lifts and pushes his hair back out of his face, keeping his grin uncovered. ”I know what it’s like.” A soft laugh huffs from him, before he takes a verbal step back, poking just a little more.

”What kind of trouble are you and Isla getting into?” Now that he’s close enough, Nate reaches up to put a hand on Remi’s shoulder, turn him towards one of the beds and gesture for him to sit before he remembers, and snatches his hand away. No reason to have his darkness leech into the alchemist when he’s already so out of sorts.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Yeah, I...that's right." Remi's laugh is awkward, the colour in his cheeks not just from his heightened state of arousal. "Oh..well.." The alchemist doesn't often lie, and despite being on the other side of a line drawn in the sand he cares very little about, he isn't going to start now with Nate. If he was clever he might have just answered the man's question a bit differently, but Remi's cleverness is not in verbal subterfuge. "..turns out the Mathair is an actual goddess. And still alive. Frey told me where to find her, so Isla, myself, and one of the fae are going to try and see if we can find her."

As Nate reaches out, Remi inhales a stiff breath that makes his lung cage expand outwards. It isn't his magic he's worried about, but...well, it isn't as though he's unaware of what Nate's teeth can do or the offer the man had just made.

Sinking heavily onto the bed with a shivery sort of laugh, Remi quickly shakes his head. "It doesn't work through clothing." He says, realizing why the doctor had snatched his hand back. 'Ronin made me a pair of gloves to help, but...I always forget to wear them." This is said with a sheepish smile and a boyish shrug.
The Lullaby
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE

It takes a moment for Nate to actually connect the word Mathair to anything, fae business as far from his mind as he can manage, save for the occasional bout of panicked paranoia. Interesting. ”Do you think they’d forgive the initial uh... attack, if you found her again?” It’s a question beyond Remi’s scope, he’s sure, but there’s no harm in asking.

Sinking onto the bed next to Remi, Nate doesn’t bother to hide the relief that slumps his shoulders, his hand returning to its newfound perch on the alchemists shoulder. ”Good to know.” Nodding, Nate chuckles at the mention of Ronin, his head cocking. ”I wouldn’t have thought he’d be handy with that kind of stuff.” Not that it’s necessarily difficult to accept either, Nate nodding to himself.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi's exhale pushes out his cheeks in a rather boyish fashion as he shrugs. "I know it was the former leader of the fae who was set against the ascended. Those who have taken over...they seem to want justice for what has happened, but...with Wessex..." The alchemist trails off, meeting Nate's gaze with a crooked smile. They can both easily understand why that won't happen.

'Well, let me rephrase," Remi amends with a smile that grows even more slanted. "He procurred them. I'm actually not sure he did make them, but you know, it being the thought that sounds and all that." Shrugging and feeling the weight of Nate's hand on his shoulder, Remi looks down into his lap for a moment, creating a feature that he might have something to fiddle with.

"I know about this whole...wanting to keep us out of the Grounds, and I"m sure you know about my role in overseeing the Greatwood." The words are genuinely said, if not awkwardly. "But I want you to know that I don't want to hurt any of you. And...at least for the time being, I haven't been asked to."
The Lullaby
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE

It’s made more than clear by the snort that leaves Nate that he knows exactly what the alchemist means. It’s not his place to entreat Wessex though, not that he really would even if it was. ”Good luck finding her.” He offers instead, his smile widening into something that could either be genuine or pitying.

Either way, he’s happier to move to cheerier topics. Ah.” While he laughs, a deep, rumbling chuckle, Nate squeezes his hand just a little. ”That makes far more sense.” Theres something else too, that talk of Ronin brings to mind, Nate hesitating, then shaking his head, clearing it. Not his place, and far too touchy feely for his liking.

”I hadn’t heard about keeping you from the Grounds.” The Greatwoods thing, sure, but the ban seemed like overkill. ”Thats... really relieving to hear, actually.” His words are just as awkward, the vulnerability not something that comes easily to Nate in the least.

Immediately, he’s laughing again, trying to smooth over the serious mood with jokes.  ”Hey, if we really fuck up over Longnight, you won’t have to worry about it at all.” And with that sobering joke, Nate rises to his feet again, taking a step towards the back offices. ”I’ll let you take care of yourself, I need to talk to Isla anyway. But we’ll talk soon, eh?”

Done