color me and blow me away
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
i sat with my anger long enough she told me her real name was grief
"We aren't trapped in our roles," Amalia answers softly- though, of course, that isn't true. Amalia owes herself to Vi now, but she doesn't see it that way. And people like Finn, like Deimos, like Adam and Kiada were - they could choose to step away. Dark eyes on the spines of old books, she shrugs. "The Ascended need the Voice to live. At least we have freedom in how much we choose to worship."

She leans back thoughtfully as he explains his interests, biting on her lip. "I don't know about the first Ascended... Safrin might. Or there might be something in her library, but...." that is in the Grounds. Amalia hardly thinks that Wessex would allow her back to her home, whatever promises the Wraith might have once made. "But I... I've met the Prince. And I know about the Spire Demon. Frey showed me- showed me what it was like before." She blushes, stumbling over her words, and looks anywhere but at Finn. "If... if that would help."
Amalia
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
FINN

"I am not so sure of that, with war incoming," Finn says quietly, though they are both talking past one another by now, giving their attention fully to the text in his hands, as though they might tell their truths to the book rather than to each other. Because Finn feels as if his version of the truth will never gel with Amalia, and the same can be said in reverse. So here they stand, two very different sides of the same coin, careening towards the same destination regardless.

He listens as she gives her advice, Finn nodding softly and carefully putting back the text when he realises it won't be much use - not for this preliminary research, at least. Indeed, his most reliable source is in front of him. "If I were to get a notebook, would you be willing to tell me all that you know? It might help to narrow down a search later on."
listen to silence. it has so much to say

Code taken from Sky who is utter perfection
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
i sat with my anger long enough she told me her real name was grief
Stubborn as she is, Amalia is learning better than to protest every time she disagrees with someone on their roles in this war, instead biting down against her thoughts. The book and the history are more interesting regardless, a welcome distraction from the intricate sea of emotions that still threatens to press down her bulwarks and flood like tide waters into her mind. She nods at Finn's request, reaching up to brush a lock of hair behind her ear. "I... sure. Of course."

There's a couple of chairs tucked away nearby; Amalia tilts her chin towards them questioningly before going to sit in one. The chair is large and plush, and her bare feet tuck up beneath her legs as she sits; the entire effect is to make her appear somewhat dwarfed by the upholstery. It's offset by the way she leans forward, keen eyes glancing from Finn to the surrounding books and back. "Um. Where do you want to start?" the not-Shield wonders, a curious tilt to her head.
Amalia
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
FINN

"Thank you," Finn murmurs, smiling a bit and nodding in agreement at her choice of seat. "I'll be back in just a moment," he says, leaving her to make herself comfortable and spending the few minutes it takes to retrieve a notebook and a pencil to pull himself together. He imagines she's doing the same, given what he knows about her, but by the time he returns to Amalia, the Spyglass is at least a little more relaxed.

He settles his glasses on his nose (habit by now) and sits opposite her, offering a small smile. "What better place to start, than at the beginning?" he suggests, flipping to a blank page and starting to jot down the preliminary details; date, names, what he hopes to research. And so it goes, their conversation soft and quiet in the depths of the library; awkward topics are never entirely avoided, but this, at least, might bring less pain.

~FINnnnnn
listen to silence. it has so much to say

Code taken from Sky who is utter perfection