[SE-open] all of my favourite things
open - someone that hasnt met adam pls
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ADAM
All of a sudden, Adam had become a habitual walker. Depressingly, now that he was Ascended, it was the closest thing he could get to a drink; enough distraction to occupy his mind and enough time taken to pass the evening on. And the evenings did need passing on. Oh, he had friends and his husband, but he also had the endless thoughts that liked to squirm and wiggle over his brain, whispering you aren't good enough and hey, remember this shitty thing that happened?

Yes, he did remember it, thank you very much.

At least there were new places to explore now. The Oerwoud, as well as having a name he couldn't pronounce, was pretty beautiful. Pre-death, he'd never been one for nature, but now Adam found himself laying down in the midst of a clearing, staring up at the dusk sky and the plants he could see, their colours bright.

Pulling on the grass idly with his fingers, he let himself think and drift off, more vulnerable than he usually was - after all, he was already dead. Who was gonna kill him? The sounds of the wilderness around were oddly comforting, he found, and Adam laid still in the way only an Ascended could, listening.
A wasted youth is better by far
Then a wise and productive old age
Base Code by Sky!
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
don't you know we're outlaws
givin' the finger to death itself
She almost falls over the stranger. Which would be bad, considerin’ that she’s holdin’ a torch in one hand and if she falls it could very well land on either the man or the surrounding vegetation. Raza doesn’t want to be known as the one who burned down the fucking awesome jungle beyond Apopo. Hindsight would be 20/20 and it would probably serve her right, though, she isn’t paying much attention to where her feet were going - which is dumb. For someone with a snake as a companion, Raza  knows you have to watch where you step - especially in a jungle.

But the Oerwoud is gorgeous. Even in the dark.

“Fuckin ’ell, she hisses from between her teeth, throwing herself backwards to try and balance her sudden forward pitch. Her arms go wheeling and she seems to catch herself on something solid behind her (was that always there?). Hoa is wrapped around her neck and sends a jolt of panic through her, so she has to reach up to calm him before turning back to peer at the man.

“What - why? is all she gets out,
we got no one to hide from
no one to toast our health
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
ADAM
It was a good thing Adam couldn't feel pain anymore, because getting kicked in the ribs would definitely hurt. Instead, it just felt like a particularly intense poke and he sat up quickly with a frown on his face, glowering up at the sudden intrusion. A woman he vaguely remembered seeing behind the counter at the bar on the beach, though he didn't know her name.

"Why what? I'm not hurting anyone." He gestured about at the otherwise empty jungle clearing around them. "Why're you walking around this late? It's suspicious, and I don't think you're Ascended. ...There some kind of plot?" Adam squinted, studying her face. If there was some kind of secret underground deal going on, he wanted in on it. "You can't just kick a guy and then ask him why you did it."
Base Code by Sky!
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Why what? sets her off in a bit’a righteous indignation. “Why are ya just layin’ on the ground the the middle of’a jungle in the middle’a the night!” Scoffing and incredulous, Raza gestures wildly to the well, Wilds that surround them. “Who the fuck does that?” She kinda catches the words Ascended and plot and wooooaaaah buddy, maybe she just walked into a crazy person.

“Well, ya can’t just lay down in the dark an’ then wonder why yer stepped on,” Raza retorts. How could he not think that would happen? She’s probably the best thing that could’a come his way, there could be crazy fuckin’ animals out there - or worse.

“Whatcha say about a plot?” Cause there was some shady stuff going on. And that Fae thing. But beyond that, Raza’s a little clueless lately.
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM
"I do, and I'm just doing what I gotta do to survive." He shrugged. "The stars look nice, and I'm kinda fuckin' stresse lately." It was embarrassingly pretty much true; these moments of calm by himself had become almost a necessity in the last weeks as his anxieties about being alive again and his determination to not show it resulted in a constant emotional turmoil.

With a sigh, Adam ran a hand through his hair; he really didn't want to get into an extended argument in the jungle. "Alright, yeah. Sorry I didn't say somethin', okay? Let's start over." Getting to his feet with a motion that was both awkward and smooth, lanky and skinny legs unfolding and straightening, he held out a hand. "Adam Pikely. And uh... I don't actually know about any plots, but I'm sure there are some - Torchline is like, full of them."
Base Code by Sky!
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
Raza has to concede that yes, the stars look do look nice. They look nicer from Torchline than here, but sure, stars are great. Whatever. She’s gearin’ up for another round of the ‘fight’ when the dude concedes, and quite frankly, it takes her by surprise. In fact, Raza takes a small step back when he stands up and is a hair slow to extend her hand in return, havin’ to shift the torch to the other. Now, the inn owner ain’t quite lookin’ at ‘im like he’s grown two heads, but she is suspicious.

“Raza Ekambe. An’... I think if there were plots I’d hear about ‘em.” Or be a part of ‘em. One way or another, she an’ her spies would find it out. Withdrawin’ her hand, she shifts the torch back an’ starts to - well, not relax - but be less on edge.

“So you don’t sound alright,” Raza says finally, half-steppin’ into bar owner mode.
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM
(abrupt wrap up for LN, we should have another thread after~)

"So are there any plots? Are you running them?" He asked with a smirk, liking this dumb bit of banter; it also would be potentially useful for the Devil's Advocates to actually know about any nefarious dealings, so they could get in on them - the guild had been involved in a depressingly low amount of underhanded schemes so far. Maybe he was older, more mature now, but he still liked a good mischievous secret plan.

She was right about him not being right, yep, but he wasn't about to admit that to a stranger. "Nope, I'm better than that. Great! Stressed, but like, who isn't? It's nearly pitch black monster time!" The slight straining of his voice probably revealed more upset about that than he would have liked, but Adam kept a determined wide grin on, a mask of happiness.

He'd keep deflecting like that, positing himself as bright and cheerful and just coincidentally on his own in the jungle on the ground in the middle of the night until she moved on; admittedly, as he heard her footsteps fade away, he felt a little bad. Later, when he was less...everything he was at the moment, he'd have to have a proper chat with the barkeep.

fin
Base Code by Sky!