[SE] from me to you
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061

It's true, gods did get them into this - so perhaps that explains why Ronin doesn't try to offer anything more in the wake of Amalia's exasperation, as the fur ripples across her skin and the unspoken lingers between them. He merely lets his hands rest in his pockets and follows her up towards her apartments; before he can offer to hold the parcel she's trying to juggle, she's got the door open and he's already following her inside.

"Years ago, now," he says, sighing and smiling wistfully at the memories. "I was a king and you were a baker. I will never forgive you for helping to talk me into such a shit show." This is said, of course, with a great deal of affection, and as Amalia instructs him to sit wherever, Ronin does so (it's the floor - he sits on the floor).

"Tea sounds good. Don't forget to open your present!" he calls after her.

RONIN
if there's one thing i'm good at, it's surviving
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
the archangel
She sets the gift onto a table, along with her keys. ”Mmm. And I’ll never forgive you for getting sick and leaving Wessex in charge.” It’s easy banter, and it’s more pleasant than dwelling on all the things they’ve lost, past and present. The teasing comes with a bright laugh to soften the words, deepening as Ronin the Once-King settles onto her floor. She’s already moved around the counter into the open kitchen when he reminds her of the package; she looks up at it through wide dark eyes, as though surprised that it exists.

It’s barely a second to place the kettle on the stove and then Amalia is settled beside Ronin, leaning back against a chair, the packet in her hands. “What am I going to do with it?” she wonders, giving it a cautious shake before beginning to delicately remove the paper, curiosity tempered by years of being told to slow down, take your time.
she's just like the weather
can't hold her together
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

"Oh yes, quite. How bloody dare I," Ronin says with a bright grin, raising his eyebrows at Amalia as if both surprised and impressed at the level of banter she's able to sustain these days. He remembers the soft spoken baker, but they have both come so far since then, and those memories seem quaint and distant. He can't help but laugh to see her so delicate as she opens his present, Ronin shaking his head. "Just rip the damned thing, Ama," he urges.

As for what she'll do with it? Well, she has asked to be a part of the Dragoons' training, has she not? So within the packaging Amalia will find a set of leather training gloves. They are a dove grey bordering on white, to suit the Archangel, and will offer both protection and grip to her hands. "I wouldn't want you to chip a nail." He smirks.

RONIN
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Amalia
the archangel
How far they've come indeed. The Amalia who once showed up quietly urgent at Ronin's house is a distant thing now, though there are times when the tentative baker still shines through. Times like now, as she gazes down on the dove-grey gloves, her fingers fluttering delicately over the soft yet strong leather. "Oh," she breathes, looking up to Ronin with a flush across her cheeks. "Oh, they're beautiful."

Her hands fit perfectly in the gloves, and the leather pulls over her knuckles like a second skin. "Ronin, I.. thank you," the girl murmurs, pressing her hair behind her ear with a leather-donned hand. "I'll try- I'll do you proud."

She has nothing to offer in response- nothing but this. Quietly Amalia removes the gloves, clearly thinking about something. She stacks them atop themselves on the table, lingering a second before glancing back up. "Ronin... Do you want me to ask Vi for help? Restoring your abilities?"
can't hold her together
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

There's no hiding the flush of pleasure on Ronin's face as he watches Amalia with her gift - he's clearly pleased that she's pleased, which is probably what the act of gift giving is all about. "I thought you'd appreciate something practical as well as eye-catching," he explains, not that he needs to, the Star smiling and sitting comfortably on the floor to watch the Archangel put the gloves on. "Oh I'm sure you will. You were already able to kick my ass even before I lost my mojo, so you've got nothing to worry about there."

Speaking of his abilities, though, Ronin nibbles at the inside of his lip as she offers to bring in the biggest authority of all. Honestly, he isn't sure whether that will help or hinder matters - he has only ever seen Vi once, and the impression is a lasting one. "I wouldn't want you to get yourself in any trouble," he says. "I'm sure I'll be able to manage this. How hard can it be?"

RONIN
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
the archangel
A laugh like the alto bells of a church coils from her throat, smoky and amused and perhaps a bit self-conscious. "I got lucky," she counters quickly, assuming he refers to their last spar. She's removed the gloves, tenderly laying them back into the box from whence they came for safekeeping. "You're still a better fighter than I'll ever be." Than I'll ever want to be.

She lets her offer sit with him, uncoiling from the floor in a fluid motion, her lithe body no longer waif-like, but limber and strong. An understanding nod, and perhaps some relief: Amalia hadn't been particularly hopeful on the merits of the plan, but felt it her duty to offer. "Alright. So singing Safrin's praises it is."

She's padding off into the kitchen, filling cups with tea. "I was thinking... During LongNight, or after, of doing a... A talk, I guess? About the gods, and the heralds." Returning with two teacups balanced in her hands, Amalia offers one to Ronin before settling back into the floor, her own pressed between her palms. "Maybe you could say a little about Safrin, then? I'm sure the other heralds would understand if we sang her praises extra loud." They both owe her for what they are, after all.
can't hold her together
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

"I disagree - I don't think luck had anything to do with it," Ronin says, the Star grinning at Amalia and watching as she returns the gloves to their box with such care. At her compliment he feigns being flustered (it is, of course, as overdramatic as you might expect from Ronin), before settling on a warm smile instead. Watching as she rises to her feet, Ronin leans back on his hands and gets comfortable - a strangely easy thing for him to do considring they're on the floor.

He nods gratefully at the agreement that they would sing their praises to Safrin, Ronin reaching up to accept his teacup and blowing on it gently to cool it down. "Thank you," he says, and it's for much more than just the tea. Raising an eyebrow, the Star listens to her proposal with a mix of amusement and curiosity on his face, though he's certainly not going to say no. "That sounds like a great idea. You just tell me where and when, and I'll be there to help out as much as I can."

RONIN
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
the archangel
They stay on the ground like two children, drinking tea and trying to shrug off the weight of responsibility that's always shrouded them. Then they're planning a show - "Remember the puppet show?" Amalia asks, laughing as she recalls Ludo's ridiculous getup - and discussing the future, as though it were still within their control. Amalia begs for details about Mateo, makes Ronin promise to bring him next time. She smiles and laughs and tries not to think about the man in a cage who waits for his next beating, another soul she couldn't save.

Not yet. And perhaps not ever. But the girl grows stronger by the day, and injustices cannot win forever. Not while there is hope.

{Fin <3}
can't hold her together