(RQ) a favor house atlantic
Nate & Theo <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
save your eyes for someone brighter than i will ever be
There’s so much beauty within the Rainbow Road, between the colorful rocks and the water that trickles by. And Sunjata internally hopes that Frey won’t mind their… Adjustment to the landscape. A cart has been brought, with pieces of metal and wood, fashioned into what he and Nate had decided after a fair amount of research, was to put up windmills of a sort. Windmills that would help spread the pollen without having the monsoon devastate the land.

There’s a wheel on the cart that squeaks with each bump in the grasses they pull it through, but eventually (and before Sunjata loses his mind on it) they’ve reached the part where they can construct the first windmill. It would take some work, but it was a good thing they were all in on it, right? A few notes had been sent out to anyone who wished to help, one sent to a place where it could be distributed to anyone that might be looking for a job to do.

It’d certainly benefit all of them, how close they were to finishing this quest (even if the notice board insight fought against it). But they’ve all agreed to meet at dusk, when the sun begins to set, to get maximum use out of the night without endangering Nate (regardless of how much Nate assures him he’s fine, Sunjata still worries.)
don't hesitate to bring me to my knees
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE
i ain't alright, you keep spinning out ahead
it was cold outside when i hit the ground
There’s a jaunty enough tune on Nate’s lips as he pulls the cart, drowning out the squeaky wheel for himself, if nothing else. The Rainbow Road might be beautiful, but his gaze drifts far more often to his husband, his good mood holding out, mostly. The flyers around Haulani, and on the noticeboard had been a ding, obviously, but even that he’d recovered from.

It’s later than it absolutely needs to be, but Nate appreciates the sentiment just the same, a grin plastered on his face at the care in the gesture. It will make building just a little bit more difficult, but that’s a problem they’ll tackle as it comes up. ”You think this’ll be enough?” He asks, patting on of the pieces fo metal they’ve brought, one that will eventually be a blade on their windmills. They’d gone over the idea back and forth, and it still seemed to hold water, so really, his question was superfluous, but he couldn’t help himself. He need to say something while they waiting for whoever else was going to show up.
said, i could sleep here, forget all the fear
it will take time to grow, maybe i don't know
Theo Caldwell
Grifter

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749

Theo suspected he'd be a bit of a third wheel, on this mission with the governor and his husband -- and the word governor made him a bit wary, too. He did not typically make a habit of getting close to people in power, to law enforcement. But he'd gotten the impression that Sunjata wasn't necessarily that kind of governor, that Torchline's "laws" were a good bit looser than Halo's, so maybe it would be a good idea to know the governor -- to have done him a favor. Even if this just turned into a normal job with a few trinkets as a reward, well, this Deepfrost had been lean for Theo. As allergic as he usually was to real work, he was even more allergic to starving.

Thanks to those lean times, Theo showed up with nothing but the clothes on his back and an easy smile. "Hello, I'm here to lend a hand. Name's Theo. We're ... working on spreading pollen?"

To be honest, Theo hadn't paid too much attention to the details. He knew that this job had something to do with pollen, which seemed like something he could potentially move around with his telekinesis, so he hoped it wouldn't be heavy work. The cart full of parts seemed to suggest otherwise, though. Construction work? Damn. Well, it could be worse.

Theo

"Poker" by ND Strupler is licensed with CC BY 2.0.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Nate’s question has him pausing to scan over the amount they’d brought. They’d talked it over multiple times and it seemed to be the general conclusion that it would work, kickstarted with a bit of shaking some trees and gathering pollen. He imagines his bat shift would be useful for such endeavors. A raised brow is shot back toward Nate, however, an amused smirk crossing his face. “If it isn’t, it’s a good start.” Tipping a wink toward his husband, he squeezes the Ascended around the middle as the other person arrives.

His gaze immediately moves toward Theo with that same easy smirk on his face. “Yep, that’s right. Thanks for helping, Theo.” He offers, committing the other man’s name to memory. “I’m Sunjata,” though he’s sure Theo knows this already, as most people often did, and he hangs his words just a bit for Nate to introduce himself before Sunjata’s moving toward the cart they’d brought.

The idea is to put up these windmills, water powered so they can run even when there’s little to no wind, to help spread the pollen along the river toward the jungle. Then, shaking some trees I suppose.” This is ended with a quiet huff of a laugh, Sunjata attempting the best he can to act as if the flyers around town and the notice board hasn’t bothered him any. “Let’s set one up here, we brought lanterns if you need it once it gets darker.” The blades are sectioned out, already prebuilt to spin, the main construction would be placing the posts half in the water half not and getting the system up and running.

He begins by digging holes in the water and moves on from there to help someone slide a post in.

We’re putting up hydro powered windmills! Basically the idea is in order to set this one up, someone needs to fasten the blade onto the top, someone needs to put the posts in place, and someone needs to rig the pulley water system to get it to spin the blade!

Jata’s currently digging holes for it but he’ll fit in wherever after that.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NATE
This is actually the most optimistic either of them have been in weeks, months maybe, and Nate is more than happy to simply nod along with the answer, some gear in his head starting to turn. ”Maybe we can make a thing of it.” He suggests loosely, no time for any other thoughts on it as their volunteer arrives, introduces himself.

Nate’s more than happy to let his husband take the lead on the explanation, offering Theo a grin and his hand. ”Nate. Good to meet you.” As soon as his introduction is taken care of, Nate moves, removes what they need for a single windmill from the cart, and starts laying the pieces out, trying to make it easy for them to start when Sunjata finishes his explanation.

And get to work they do. Sunjata’s working on the holes, presumably working on the poles after that, and between the two tasks left to get the windmill working, Nate is more interested in the mechanism itself. ”I’ll take care of the moving bits.” He offers, like he’s doing Theo some grand favour. Really, it’s a simply machine, a wheel turned by the water, and and interlocking joint that spins the blades, but there’s still some assembly required to keep all the pieces protected from the elements.

Nate takes the turny part and puts it together
Theo Caldwell
Grifter

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

"Nate, Sunjata, good to meet you," Theo said with a winning smile. Then he turned his attention to the job at hand -- trying, as he always was, to figure out how to get away with the least work, without tipping anyone off to his laziness. The corner of his mouth turns up ironically at Nate's magnanimous offer: Theo had almost picked that job itself because it seemed easy. He definitely didn't want to be digging holes with Sunjata. "Put your back into it" was one of Theo's least favorite phrases (along with "You're lying" and "Hey, where'd my ____ go?").

"I suppose that leaves me to get this set up." Theo picked up the rope for the pulley system and squinted at it. Yes, he thought he could just about see how this would work ... And this was a task where his telekinesis might actually help, allowing him to hold things in place and lift the light ropes with more than just his hands. He set to work with more willingness than he usually showed at manual labor: the workings of the pulley system had managed to intrigue him, to capture his inventive little brain for a good use for once.

Theo's working on the pulleys! He'll use his telekinesis to give him an extra pair of hands and help him reach things.

Theo

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
There’s an idea. Sunjata offers Nate through the bond, flashing his husband an easy smile before he’s introducing himself – and Nate introduces himself – to Theo, the Governor moving on to explain what it was they planned on doing here today. Nate pulls out the items needed for the first windmill and things begin to go relatively smoothly. Sunjata finds that it’s much easier to place a pole in the hole after he’s dug it immediately, rather than trying to dig the bases of them specifically in the water, at least.

So after a few missed attempts, Sunjata manages it – the metal poles set into their spaces, spikes placed down within to keep the river from tearing it out. Nate has a decent amount of success with his task, the blade fit together around a joint kept loosely enough that it can be spun, with little attachments and a cog of sorts to keep it connected together while it did spin. It’s fashioned on top once the poles are done, paired easily with Theo’s work.

Theo’s ability to use his magic with the pulley system makes it easy to connect to Nate’s attachment, and after a few misfires of the blade atop it, everything begins to move smoothly. Sunjata steps back with a quiet sigh of relief, a bit of sweat along his skin from the digging of holes, moving of poles, and driving of stakes. But they’d managed it, a half-smirk crossing his face as he looks to Nate and Theo. “Not half bad, actually.” He’d expected the project to come into some problems, and perhaps there’s still time given the fact this was the first of three total windmills to set up.

Gathering the tools again, Sunjata drops them into the cart with the squeaky wheel and they all begin to move further down the river, to the next spot that’s been picked. “Alright, let’s see if we can do it again.” He offers with a huff of laughter, grabbing the shovel again and a pole to fit into the first dug section, starting again.

Not bad all around actually ;D Alright, we’re doing another windmill! Jata’s picked the posts/digging holes again!
SUNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
The three of them work easily around each other, every piece of the windmill falling into place together with hardly a hiccup. It’s actually almost suspicious, thought Nate isn’t going to start questioning a little good luck. After everything else, he’s just happy to not have yet another disaster. ”We do good work, I guess.” He laughs his agreement, then helps his husband gather the tools and load them up again, moving down to the next spot along the river.

Once they’re ready to build again, Sunjata taking up the shovel again, Nate turns to Theo with a grin. ”Why fix what ain’t broke, huh?” He suggests, winking at the grabs the water where again, and moves to set it up, get it running smoothly.

Nate does the water hit again
Theo Caldwell
Grifter

Change author:

Theo nodded to Nate, smiling. "Practice makes ... more perfect?"

A bit cocky, perhaps, but overconfidence was often one of Theo's failings. He grabbed some more rope and started on another pulley system. It ought to be even easier this time -- he'd learned some lessons from the first one, figured out how to work it, even had some ideas to make it more effective. Of course, unforeseen challenges could always come up -- but, by the nature of "unforeseen," Theo wouldn't know about those till they happened.

He wasn't the steadiest worker, not ever, but his telekinesis should help, and he'd already done it once -- how hard could it be?

Theo's on the pulleys again, once again using his telekinesis to lift and hold things.

Theo

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
This time, the posts go in relatively easily, but one is slightly crooked and it takes Sunjata a moment to figure out if it’s the hole he’s dug or the pole itself. Turns out, it’s the metal pole itself that seems to be a bit bent out of place, leaving the Flood to remove the pole and bend it slightly back into place before replacing it. This time, however, it all goes together easily now. It makes it easier for Nate to continue with the blades and the system, to fit it in with Theo’s work with the pulley that goes relatively well just as before.

Why fix it if it isn’t broke, indeed.

And practice certainly makes more perfect when they manage to get that windmill up and going, watching as the wind and the water work together to spin the blade in an easy, languid pace that should in theory be enough to catch rogue pollen from the jungle nearby. So with both of the other men’s help, the wagon moves on again a bit further down, a bit closer to the jungle in a space that might allow for easier capturing of the pollen to be spread out.

Alright, last one, then we can move onto shaking some trees and making sure it works.” Flashing an accomplished (and slightly proud grin) toward Theo and Nate, Sunjata begins again with the holes and poles.

Good work guys!! LAST WINDMILL GOIN’ UP, same old same xD
SUNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
That's two down, one to go. And no disasters so far. When was the last time something had gone so smoothly? "We're too good to fail now." Nate laughs, throwing caution into the face of their fortune so far. Because nothing bad had ever happened when he got too cocky, too big for his britches, right? Even packing up goes smoothly, the cart moved right along the water to the last point.

Nate doesn't even ask this time before gathering his usual pieces, getting to work putting them together quickly. He'd got the bulk of the process down now, no reason to not try and do it quickly, to not do it with some flair. To stop himself from getting momentarily by his husband, mismatched eyes admiring the attuned, as his hands fall still.  

It's not a distraction he lingers in for too long, focusing back on the gears and simple machinery to get this task done, so they can at least move onto something a little more fun.

Same old same old, Nate takes the water portion!
Theo Caldwell
Grifter

Change author:

"Third time's the charm," Theo agreed, getting to work on the pulleys again. He'd settled into a rhythm by now and ought to be able to rig the ropes easily, knowing just where to use telekinesis and where he needed his actual hands. Baring unforeseen catastrophe, the windmill ought to be easy to assemble ... Though there was always room in Theo's life for unforeseen catastrophe. And some foreseen catastrophes too, but that was another subject.

Theo worked quickly, but whether he worked well would remain to be seen until the windmill was complete and, he hoped, functioning. But how hard could it be?

Pulleys again!

Theo

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Perhaps it’s because of the trio’s confidence in setting up the third one that they run into problems. Sunjata’s continued attempts to dig a hole seem to falter with this particular spot, as one of the holes collapses and he’s unable to fix it enough to hold a pole without falling over. So they have to move down about two feet, getting a new section where they might be able to have more structure to it. He does manage to get the posts in, however, and with that settled, he can step back and watch the rest of it come into place.

Nate manages to nearly lose the blade somehow, perhaps slick hands from both the water and the quiet deepfrost wind that’s suddenly picked up – it’s hard to tell. He catches it before he loses it completely, though, and Theo manages to get a knot in the pulley that requires a bit of work to undo. It takes longer than the previous two, but when it’s done, it’s  done, and they can move on.

So Sunjata flashes them all a smile, watching the last one they’d created and the others as they begin to spin. “Alright, tree shaking time.” He rumbles, shifting to his bat shift to slip toward the jungles and the bits of pollen that have begun to start hiding away, rolling in a bit of them to coat his fur before returning and shaking it off of him in the air before the first windmill, watching as the little puffs of color begin to flit along the wind and spiral around and spread.

He lands back on the ground and shifts back into himself with a bit of a smug smirk. “Perfect. I think it’ll work out just fine. Feel free to shake some trees as well but we should be done here. Thanks for the help, Theo.” Flashing the man a grin and a dip of his head, he turns to begin cleaning up the cart to bring it home as well as perhaps straying a bit to shake some trees.

That should do it!! Feel free to shake some trees on your way out or we can end it here!
SUNJATA
Theo Caldwell
Grifter

Change author:

"Always happy to help," Theo said, with an ironic little salute at the governor. He hoped this had done something to get him on the man's good side; he might need that goodwill, if his activities ever became brazen enough to warrant the governor's attention.

Of course, Theo wasn't that happy to help, so he headed off without more than a cursory telekinesis tree-shake, which barely produced any pollen at all. But hey, he tried (he didn't really try). And he'd done a good job with the pulleys, so he could be proud of that, if he were the type to take pride in a good day's work. Unfortunately, he wasn't.

Theo gives a tree a little shake with telekinesis and heads out.

Theo