late dawns and early sunsets
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE

The sun has only barely started to creep down past the horizon, not that it’s even possible to tell through the heavy clouds, when Nate decides he’s in the mood to do something.

Of course, that means that he has to disentangle himself from the comfortable pile of limbs and wings and fur that he, Sunjata, Haai, and the kittens have made, a feat far easier said than done. Somehow, he manages, Pemota drifting down from a hammock to hover around his shoulders, as if questioning and encouraging the hubbub.

He has to make this worthwhile somehow, now that he’s disturbed them all so much, so it’s with a bright grin that he puts his hands on his hips and looks down at his husband. ”Do you want to help me make dessert for dinner?”
say hello to the good times
and say hello to the sun
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP: 2712
you know i'm gonna change, things just don't stay the same no more
A tangle of limbs and fur and wings is exactly how Sunjata wishes to continue this day. So it’s no surprise that he’s almost fallen asleep when Nate starts to shift, the Attuned fully enjoying the moment and the warmth, the quiet moments of telling the kittens to chill out while they go bat at Haai’s ear for the twelfth time. He makes no effort to help Nate get disentangled, sure that if he were to try and help that he’d simply tug the man back into the tangle and he’d have to start all over again. Still, a quiet grumble leaves him of discontent, his gaze lifting to Nate who peers down at him with his hands on his hips.

A huff of a laugh leaves him at the image, a crooked smile crossing his face. “Oh, I’m invited in to help?” He asks, a question that has that smile growing a bit more, a raise of his dark brow, before he’s looking down at the kittens that still haven’t settled and Haai who looks just about done with their shit. So he puffs out a quiet sigh, shifting in the bed and tucking his wings in to pull himself out, to help the kittens down off the bed where they promptly decide that playing with the ends of the blankets is far more fun than annoying the griffin. “If it’s another blackberry pie I might die.” Another low tease of his tone, before he’s rising from the bed and pressing a kiss to Nate’s cheek, before stepping out and toward the hallway to take the stairs down to the kitchen, slipping his hand into Nate’s and tugging the Ascended along.

What’re we going to have?” He asks once they reach the bottom flight, turning to face Nate and walk backwards so he might keep his husband in his vision and not have to let go of his hand.
you know i'm gonna break your fading heart
SuNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NATE

Sunjata can grumble and whine all he likes, it doesn’t stop Nate from getting to his feet, though it certainly is a difficult temptation to resist. ”Oh you’re more than invited. I insist on it.” And there’s no room in his voice for argument, Nate’s hand coming out to shift the kittens and help his husband to his feet. It’s almsot for nothing when he laughs at the tease though, his shoulders shaking with it and threatening to let go of the other. ”No offense Sunny, but I think pie is still a little bit too advanced for you.”

Pemota greets them in the hall, drifting close enough to press against Nate’s cheek before offering the same greeting to Sunjata, rising out of reach again but following them downstairs.

Nate makes a show of thinking about it, pursing his lips and pinching his brows and only just barely stopping short of reaching up, dragging Sunjatas hand along, and stroking his chin. ”What about... that other recipe Ronin sent you? The pears?” It was too simple to fail, even for someone who was a disaster in the kitchen. No he won’t be naming names.

Even once they cross into what Nate has absolutely started thinking of as his domain, the ascended makes no move to get anything prepped. Instead, he steps close to his husband, glad they’re already facing each other, and wraps an arm around him, twirling them in an especially slow and lazy dance.
and say hello to the sun
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
There isn’t room for argument, but that’s fine. Sunjata’s not looking to start one anyway unless it was entirely by play. So instead, he feigns offense when Nate’s laughter shakes through him, Sunjata’s dark brow lifting in surprise at the mention of pie being too advanced. “I can do a few of the little things… I think.” He says in protest, a playful crooked smile crossing his face and breaking his façade, even more so as Pemota greets his stubbled cheek before rising out of reach. He lets his freehand run along her side in his own greeting to the starwhal before she departs and they’re heading downstairs.

Once there, though, the question is aired and Nate’s lifting his hand up to his chin, Sunjata’s with it, to scratch at the Ascended’s chin. Of course, Sunjata takes advantage of it, running his fingers lightly along Nate’s jawbone before he hums out his quiet agreement. “Mm, then I can finally write back to him.” He agrees with a hint of laughter, doing absolutely nothing to prevent his husband from embracing him, twirling them in a slow dance. “I think it’s in the correspondence part of the kitchen…” He hums but makes no move to slide toward it just yet, taking advantage of their closeness to wrap his arms around Nate’s shoulders and pull them in together close.

This close, however, Sunjata can’t help but to steal a kiss, letting it last until he’s nearly breathless, before taking their dance toward that specific section of the kitchen that has the recipe Ronin had detailed, one arm lifting from Nate’s shoulders while the other keeps him close so he might snatch the parchment from the section to set on the counter in preparation. “If only we had music, we could make this a proper dance, hm?” A reminder of records flits through his mind, of music end on end.
SuNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE

Lifting his chin to encourage even more of the touch against his jaw, Nate lets out a chuckle. "If I'd known you were waiting, we could have done this earlier." The words are far too gentle to be a true chastisement, no matter how Nate might shake his head there's still a smile clinging to his lips. You think? It's not quite enough for the ascended to interrupt their dance, for either of them to bother quite yet it seems. Sunjata pulls him closer and Nate goes willingly, unable to ever deny his sunshine. He loses himself a little bit in the kiss, pressing against his husband and letting his hands curl possessively in his clothes, following towards the letters without complaint, or even notice.

A grumble very nearly leaves him as Sunjata leans away to grab the recipe, greedy hands clinging onto the attuned tightly, pulling him close again when the letter is pulled out and set on the counter. "I can't say I did a lot of this kind of dancing." Nate chuckles, before the thoughts that flit through his husbands mind enter his as well, sparking a curiosity that had not come up before, strangely enough. "Watter soort musiek het hulle in Korofi gehad?" He'd been surprised already by movies, though key differences existed there. It only made sense that there were some here as well, didn't it?
and say hello to the sun
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
As Nate’s chin lifts, Sunjata’s fingers roam further, even during the dance. “That’s not the only reason.” He assures his husband, offering hints of amusement to flit through the bond as he focuses on the follow up question mentally. There’s a puff of a sigh, a crooked smirk crossing his face. “Yes, I think so.” He offers Nate a wink, losing himself in the closeness they both share, in the ability Nate has in pulling him close and possessively in all the ways that Sunjata appreciated and adored.

Even when he clings tighter as Sunjata leans away briefly to grab the letter, returning quickly and humming his quiet consideration of proper dances and music. “We had quite the formal dances. Banquet balls and the like. Dressed up in tight suits with matching silks.” There’s a roll of his eyes with it, before he’s leaning in again to press a kiss to Nate’s cheek with a huff of a laugh. “Never was much one for suits if I’m being honest.” Too restrictive, really.

As Nate’s question reaches him in Korofi, there’s an endearing sensation that slips through the bond, the appreciation of how well Nate had learned the language and how he appreciated it immensely that he could slip into it, that he could understand Sunjata when he slipped his words out now and then. One arm wraps around Nate’s middle, the other still at his cheek as he pulls away to scan his husband’s bi-toned gaze. “Propaganda music mostly, heroic songs about how we were doing everyone’s best interests. All over the radios. But the resistance played a lot of jazz and blues. Those were probably my favorites.” He murmurs, recalling the trumpets and high energy that they often carried. But the question is returned as he continues their quiet dance around the kitchen. “What kind of music did America have?
SuNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE

”That sounds stuffy as fuck.” A far cry from what he considered dances; the crowded clubs and bars he’d frequented back home. Leaning into the kiss on his cheek, Nate lifts a brow distractedly, his gaze growing distant for a moment. ”You look real good in them though.” An almost dreamy tone drips from his voice, before his focus is reigned back in by the focus needed for the Korofi.

It hadn’t come out for any particular reason, but the feeling that surges through the bond brightens Nate’s features even more than they already were. He doesn’t know the specific thoughts, the specific feelings that the other man has; as far as he’s concerned, this is the least he can, the easiest way to show his love. Instead of commenting on it, Nate let’s himself get lost in steel eyes and sighs his words out. ”My dad listened to shit like that. All.. hoorah bullshit.” Even if he doesn’t look away, the feeling of the eye roll is impossible to misinterpret. ”My grandparents liked blues though. And opera, and swing.”

His question is turned back on him though, Nate leading them towards a counter now, leaning against it before they part. ”Everything. Whatever you could imagine, someone made.” Or would make at some point, he was sure. A few notes drift up from the recesses of him memory, floating through the bond towards Sunjata. ”I liked anything fast, and loud.”
and say hello to the sun
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He gives Nate a considering look, broken up by the half smirk that forms on his face with it. “Maybe I’ll make an exception, just for you.” There’s a huff of laughter that leaves him, one that adds to the dreamy tone that leaves Nate. His mind doesn’t linger on the possibilities of suits and stuffiness, however, choosing to focus on the subject of music instead, easily letting himself explain what Korofi music was like. It was either sanctioned, or not. Hidden gems that required records and record players or to be heard live in the underground.

He snorts with the feeling of an eyeroll, but his smile softens a fraction at the mention of Nate’s grandparents – always fascinated by the idea of having essentially another set of parents to keep an eye on you. He wonders internally how his life might have been different had he had them. As for what kind of music they had there, Sunjata’s head tilts, letting Nate easily guide him toward the counter to lean against it. “Really?” He asks by the mention of anything he could think of.

It doesn’t hold a candle to the next comment, the notes that flit up and the comment that Nate offers that has a brighter laugh leaving him. “Of course you do.” His grin grows a bit wider. “Perhaps I should have asked before I played that slow sort of sad song to court you, hm?” He leans in again to brush a kiss along Nate’s cheek before he’s departing to grab some bowls and whatever else they may need to get started making the dessert.

I almost wonder if we could find something similar here… To play music. Though I imagine it’s probably just records full of love ballads for Safrin or haunting melodies for Ludo, hm?” A raise of his brow is shot back to Nate with a crooked smirk, the swirled tattoos along his arms flickering with the starry landscape within them.
SuNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE

”Would i lie to you?” The purr is easy, automatic. Quick hands reach out to cup Sunjata’s face, trapping him before he can escape, just so Nate can make his point. ”Sunny.” He begins, terribly gentle. ”You played me a song on a real piano that you went out specifically and got. It literally doesn’t get more romantic than that.” And just like that, the hands are dropped again, the ascended leaning into the kiss pressing against his cheek.

Nate is in the middle of grabbing a pan himself when Sunjata continues, Safrin’s name dropping from his lips and bringing with it an ugly reminder. The pan clatters against the counter a touch too hard, fighting to keep the smile on his face, though the attuned knows him more than well enough to see all the places it’s cracking. ”Something like that, probably.” Even his voice is strained, his throat tight with a deep swirling discomfort. If he didn’t know better, he’d say he was nauseous.

Keep moving, stay focused on something, anything else. Nate grabs the recipe, glances over it, then busies himself grabbing spices, setting them out on the counter before Sunjata. ”Can you peel the pears?”
and say hello to the sun
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He wants to say that Nate wouldn’t lie to him, but his hand is cupped before he can make an escape, and the words die on his tongue as Nate’s voice hits him in a beautiful gentleness that has him stilling from whatever he was doing, scanning both a steel and grey eye with an edge of a smile on his face. He supposes it’s true, but he still could have asked, which is exactly what he says when Nate releases him and he presses a kiss to Nate’s cheek. “Still. Next time I’ll play something fast and loud.” He teases, huffing a quiet laugh before he’s departing to grab items, nonchalantly speaking of what kind of music they’d find here in Caido.

He does hear the bowl drop a little hard, his head snapping toward his husband with a raise of his brow, spying the plastered smile for what it was. He wants to ask, but he’s not sure what it was he said that had caused such a reaction. Nate’s accent grows just a fraction thicker at the request, the Attuned nodding and stepping toward the bears and withdrawing one of the sharp kitchen knives to begin peeling the pears as instructed.

Still, he can’t help himself. “Are you okay, skatjie?” He hums, casting a glance Nate’s way as a piece of the skin of the pear lands on the countertop. What did I say? He sends mentally, unsure where to start picking apart his words to see what had the sobering reaction.
SuNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE

It’s good Sunjata asks, Nate far too prone to letting things sit and fester in him until they’re twisted and angry. Even if he has absolutely no idea how to explain himself, he’s almost glad for the chance. Nothing. It’s nothing you said, really, it’s just... The mental equivalent of a sigh leaves him, starlight that is cold, cruel, and too distant for him to ever touch coming to his mind, floating through the bond.

”I don’t know.” He says, honest for what feels like the first time, based purely on how wrong it feels. The easiest way to even begin to explain is to start at the beginning. ”I went to see Safrin, to... to ask for something. I... didn’t manage it, but she... she let me drink from her.” Shifting, Nate rolls up his sleeves, impossibly warm, and tries to distract himself with a mixing spices in a bowl.
and say hello to the sun
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Regardless of whether Nate says that it is or isn’t his words, Sunjata continues to mull them over as he peels the pears, stilling quite suddenly when there’s the sensation of cold starlight that floats toward him, his gaze narrowing on the pears momentarily as he stops peeling to glance back over at his husband. His brows pinch together, concern evident and suddenly on his face that the pear drops onto the counter. “What?” He asks, trying to ensure that he has it right before his heart thunders in his chest. “What?” Comes the second urgent one of Safrin offering Nate a bite.

He abandons the pears for the moment, setting the knife on the counter – his starry tattoos shifting a fraction faster as he moves to stand beside Nate while he mixes the spices, wondering how it could be so… Casual and yet not casual and wondering what the hell had happened. “You bit her.” It’s not a question, not an accusation either, but a statement. A fact, one that has his gaze flooded with worry, the bond flooded with impeccable fear. “What happened?” What was the result from a bite of a herald, of a god?

His mind works multiple times a moment, a glance cast toward the door where he’d been collecting and wrapping things for Nate to take with him to the Grounds, deciding that during LongNight if Safrin had done something to him, he’d need all the extra help. “Take the sword and the daggers with you when you go to the Grounds. Just… Just in case.” He knows the gods don’t answer during LongNight, but if there’s something that can give Nate an extra edge if Safrin had weakened him… Sunjata would give him everything.

Sunjata’s given Nate the following:

Type: Dark
Flametongue | Magic sword that sheds dim light like a torch and is warm to the touch; causes user to constantly have spice on the tongue as if they ate something fiery hot.

Type: Dark
Trident Daggers (Upgraded) | Two daggers perfectly weighted and sculpted for Sunjata. One can shoot fire in a 5ft arc and the other electricity.
SuNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE

”I don’t know.” Nate’s voice is quiet, his hands falling still suddenly, his body shifting even more suddenly to turn into Sunjata. Something did, I just...” He swallows, works his jaw. ”It wasn’t anything good, and I feel... wrong.”

Fear floods the bond, a reaction Nate hadn’t expected for whatever reason. It throws him badly, his mouth opening to immediately take back the words, while his mind simply spirals, trying to find some excuse. ”I won’t...” But he might, he needs every advantage, doesn’t he? Thank you Sonskyn. Nate reaches up again, his hands smelling of cinnamon and cloves and sweet something, and tangles his fingers in his husbands hair.

”I’m coming home Sunny. I am.”
and say hello to the sun
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
It’s an oily, sinking feeling in his gut – as if it floods itself to the bottom of him and sludges everything else. Nate’s quiet voice only adds to it, to the trembling horror that coils deep within him. But he can give his husband all of his attention, a silver gaze that’s cracked through with worry and sorrow. He’s scared for Nate, scared for the Ascended who turns to him and tells him that he feels wrong.

For a moment, he considers abandoning dinner to go to the shrine, to ask Safrin what she had done.

But a dawning realization slowly begins to form in his mind, knitting together bits and pieces of what Nate had tried time and time again to tell him and Sunjata hadn’t been there enough to listen, to put the pieces together, to understand. And it hurts, feels as if he’s failed his husband even despite the thank you, the assurance that he’ll come home. He’s failed in paying attention.

The cinnamon scented hand that curls in his hair bring him slightly out of the moment, clove another scent that draws him further as he abandons everything to wrap his arms around Nate’s middle, to pull the Ascended in close, to bury his face into Nate’s neck and raven curls. “You have to.

This is said like a vow, before Sunjata manages to pull himself away from Nate, to continue to peel the pears and work quietly while he tries to push aside everything that had happened just within these few moments, to have a nice evening before Nate departed.

- FIN <3
SuNJATA