Mini Event all around me are familiar faces
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
empires fall when we move the unmovable, so tell me all of my secrets, tell me all of my lies,
The password is unicorn. Sending safety into their minds the day before LongNight, the Queen has a few more items to do before joining everyone at the Barracks.  

First, she hauls some random items to the Trojan House - food, plates and silverware, some books, and a glass-shuttered lantern - and places them around the house as if it’s lived in. She removes the straw decoys and places them in the fireplace, having come to the conclusion that straw decoys won’t fool the monsters at all. They roar to life in the hearth and she watches it until the fire burns down to embers, thoughts lost among the flickering coals.

Once it feels safe to leave the Trojan House as is, she bars the doors on the outside and then teleports back to her own home, to check on the place. It’s shuttered and dark. Daphne has left for Torchline, but it’s been prepped, just in case. Unlocked, but able to be locked from the inside with bars and such. Some personal items are placed in an envelope and sent with a Grounder to Sunjata, instructions detailing what to do with them in case of her demise placed within.

Wessex grabs the various items she’ll need - along with the notebook and necklace from Henry - and heads for the Barracks, jaw set in grim determination and the kind of epic movie walk that says let’s do this. Waiting at the front door of the building, Wessex waits for her family (Goddess, she prays they all make it in time) to trickle on in.

-----------------

Alright, here we goooooo!
WESSEX
Mabel Occidendum

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MABEL

This LongNight would be unique – no more hiding and continuing on normal precision within shelter, fighting off the temptation or urgency to open doors. This one would be tainted and corroded and corrupted by the need to fight, and she swallowed down every other nuance of anxiety, of apprehension in her body. Mabel collected the necessities from the farmhouse, including the knives (and maybe the hairbrush for sentimental purposes) from Aamu, the shift from Henry embedded in her form. Her eyes ghosted and trailed over other familiar, phantom objects in the threshold, gaze barely glancing over Evelyn’s adornments and trinkets left behind. And when she was done envisioning a time where they’d be able to return to the homestead, she released a habitual breath, and threaded her way towards the Barracks.

Her march wasn’t any kind of dutiful stride. It was hesitant and apprehensive; the routines of past LongNights no longer permissible. It’d be new. It’d be dangerous. It’d be deadly. It’d be treacherous.

But she was here, all the same. There weren’t any other options.
I bare my teeth
and stretch my claws out
Weaponsmith

Age: 361 | Height: Kinda short | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Neowulf Offline
Change author:
MP: 970
and I've only got my brittle bones to break the fall
Between the clothes and leather obtained from Henry and the weapons he's made for himself, Aamu is looking a bit less threadbare and dead, and slightly more prepared.

Which is kind of ironic, considering he's planning on being a dragon for as much of the time as he can. But still—better to have and not need, right? So he brings what he has: his freshly made sword hanging from his hip, the dagger Mabel gave him, whetstone safely packed into his bag, and his own throwing knives. Probably useless in taking down these would-be ascended abominations, but maybe he'd be able to distract someone with it. His hair is carefully braided and hangs down his back, stark white against his thin black coat.

Of course, he shows up rather hot on the heels of Mabel, though they did not leave the farm together. He felt like an intruder and left before her, waiting down by the settlement for her instead.

"Mabel," he greets her once he catches up, seeing Wessex down by the Barracks already. "Prepared?"
Aamu
Azrael De Rosieres

Age: 21 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
Azrael

Their hand remains in Bastien’s while they arrive, with everything that they think they might need. Where typically they’d wear clothes that were billowy and soft, not caring of temperatures and the like, this time their attire is a bit more fitting – making it easy to be covered and easy to move. It’s this that has them easily trudging through the snow toward the barracks that they had reinforced with Mabel and Henry, a bit more of a somber expression on their face.

They’re nervous, the conversation with Bastien having them uncharacteristically anxious. But they do have the gift that Wessex had given them, something that they keep in a bag clutched at their side, awaiting the time where they may have to use it.
mind over matter
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
'cause the bad's been slowly getting worse
and this fast lane living, it's a curse
Nate slinks towards the barracks with all the willingness of a stray cat, drawn by necessity and absolutely nothing else. He’s kitted out to the nines, borrowed weapons and magic items and a steadfast determination to return home at the end of this all burning in him, and it still doesn’t feel like near enough. It still feels like it will take a miracle to see the other side of this Longnight.

”Why’s everyone look so fucking glum?” He calls, a saccharine bent in his tone, fake and sugary and hiding a bitterness so deep it’s a blessing he can’t actually taste it. ”We’re here to win, aren’t we?” Pemota drifts around his shoulders, belying his anxiety with her tight circling, reminding him unhelpfully to keep his vision in mind.
better tell me what's your life worth
i think it's time for a change, 'cause the drugs don't work