it's casting shadows and lies
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP: 2712
// the edge is getting closer, it's a long spiral down. it's so fun to fly 'til you hit the ground
i think i'm getting too close, i think i'm getting too close //
It’s okay to not be okay, even if it grates against everything he knows. It’s a struggle, to let it wash over him and have him accept it, but in the face of everything else? How could he be okay? How could he even pretend? There’s a gentle squeeze that brings him out of his thoughts but sparks the trembling again, fingers clutching into one another as if he might stop it, watching the claws that have formed on his fingers come an inch away from drawing red.

He wants to say he doesn’t, but he knows better than that. Knows that every time he gets in front of his father and that voice grates against him, draws those memories back to the forefront of his mind. He does manage to drag his hollowed gaze back to Ronin at the mention of murder, however, and he offers a quiet nod. “Sounds like he deserved it after taking Aoife.” He murmurs. “I killed a cannibal in Halo.” He offers as if it might help him seem stronger for it, but he shakes his head and stares back into the fire. “I think… I will need help. I freeze anytime I get near him, like there’s some switch in me that shuts down and won’t fight back.” There’s some shame with it as he takes his head off Ronin’s shoulder, braces his elbows on his legs and leans forward to rub at his face with those clawed hands.
it's hard to get to heaven with my head in my hands
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
I swear I still believe but I don't know
"He deserved every single punch," Ronin says without a fraction of hesitation, something dark and grave in his voice that says he'd do it again for anyone he considered part of his family. And given his presence here in the dream? It's evident that Jata has made the cut. Nodding in sad acceptance to hear that the other man has killed as well, the Star lets out a long sigh and glances to the side as Jata sits up.

"Hey, be careful," he murmurs, reaching out to try and catch the other man's hands before he can accidentally tear ribbons off his face; dream or no dream, he guarantees it won't be pleasant. "If you need help then you'll have it," he says, as if it's really as simple as that. "I needed help, when I came back from LongNight last year. When you found me in my room. Do you remember? You were there for me then, so let me help now."
the dark star
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
// the edge is getting closer, it's a long spiral down. it's so fun to fly 'til you hit the ground
Then I’m glad.” He says softly, easier, distracted a fraction perhaps. He leans forward, moving to rub at his face with those clawed hands, is stopped by Ronin grabbing his hand. But he can’t find it in him to shift out of this draconian form, finds he doesn’t care if he draws his own blood.

Instead his gaze drifts to his hand, listening as Ronin continues, mulling over every inch of it. He had done that, shown up and stood on the other side of the door, convinced the Star to try and get through that darkness in the only way Sunjata knew how. By being there. “I don’t exactly have starbolts to explode at anyone, though.” This is said with as much humor as he can muster, before he’s trying to forget about what happened, trying to push it away.

You said Safrin took your powers?
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Sunjata might not care but Ronin certainly does, and he breathes a sigh of relief as the Flood stops short of scarring himself even more than he already is. "That makes two of us," he says of his starbolts with a wry smile, though like his friend, he can't really conjure much in the way of humour about the situation. Indeed, it seems that they're a far cry from light conversation all around, Ronin nodding gently in confirmation that Sunjata had heard correctly.

"Yeah. I was completing a task for her, that would help me to project farther. That way I'd be able to come here while still being in Stormbreak. But she wanted... more than I was willing to pay, put it that way." He levels a stare at the Flood that he hopes is clear. "She was offended when I said no, and she took everything from me."
the dark star
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Weak and useless is how Sunjata pictures it, but it’s only because in the face of Remi’s predators, regardless of how many of them lingered under his skin, it was nothing compared to that. Nothing compared to the demi god of death, and it shakes him, brings out everything opposite, realizing immediately to bow to the biggest threat, to not challenge. It hadn’t mattered anyway, though.

His jaw feathers and he withdraws those clawed hands from his face, focusing instead on the cracking flames and the mention of Safrin that has his gut churning over and over again. “Fuck.” He manages, silent for a moment. “You’ll get them back won’t you?” It’s a tentative question, one that he’s not sure he wants to know the answer to.

But his gaze slips back toward Ronin, still dark, still hollow. “I haven’t gone and seen her. I don’t.. know if it’s a good idea. Nate went and saw her.” The words rush out together, as the quiet panic settles in, “he drank from her. He said he felt wrong and left for LongNight. I don’t know what it means.” But it’s clear that’s only added to his distress with everything.
SUNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Fuck just about covers it, and the way Ronin smiles crookedly at his friend says as much. His arm remains around Sunjata as he drops his hands away from his face, anchored to the Flood by affection as much as by guilt for all that has happened. "I certainly plan to get them back," he says with a soft chuckle, shrugging his shoulders. "I bruised a goddess's ego. I've got a lot of making up to do. So if you see me creating grandiose tributes to Safrin, it's completely normal."

What's more, if he'd been doing things like that to begin with, perhaps she wouldn't have been so vengeful. Then again, given what Sunjata says next... perhaps she would have been. "Well shit," he says eloquently, his brows knitting into a frown. "Jata, I... fuck. That can't be helping anything, can it?" Huffing out a long breath, he squeezes the Flood's shoulder. "LongNight will end. It always does."
the dark star
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Ronin had bruised Safrin’s ego, and what did that mean for Sunjata when he arrives, married to an Ascended who had gone and… From what Sunjata could tell, had a terrible interaction with. What did it mean if he, too, were to blame for bruising Safrin’s ego? Would she take his shifts? Break him down into nothing because he’s said no? It tacks onto his worries, minor in comparison seeing as its LongNight. But when the sun rises again? What then?

Yeah.” He says in quiet agreement, leeching the warmth from the Star into his cold plated shoulders. “I don’t know how wrong, but… Wrong. And with LongNight he’s had so much to deal with.” He chews on his cheek, closes his eyes, shakes his head as his clawed hands tremble again. “I didn’t tell him about my father. I lied to him about my wing. I pretended so he could be focused for LongNight. And he might not even come back.” He’d kept so much hidden that it’ll be a flood upon his return, if he returns, and now he has to tack on tonight to it too.
SUNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Sunjata's hands tremble and Ronin thinks nothing of reaching out with the arm not curled around his shoulders, clasping claws and fingers in one. "Don't let yourself fall into that hole - it's a bitch to climb out of," he says softly, speaking with experience. "Nate loves you, and he will understand. He probably won't be happy and he might rib you for it a bit - or a lot - but he will come back, and he will understand."

Letting that silence ring between them along with Ronin's certainty, the Star reaches up to muss Jata's hair like it will make all the difference in the world. "It's been a fucking horrible night," he mutters. "Do you want to try to get some real sleep? I'll keep the dreams sweet, until we both wake up."
the dark star
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The hole Ronin speaks of has been a pit Sunjata’s not entirely sure he’s ever climbed out of, not fully anyway, but his gaze lingers on the hand that’s clasped in his own, sharp clawed one. And he hopes Ronin’s right, that Nate comes home, that he understands why he may have kept it a secret. But Sunjata knows, deep down, that Nate will take the brunt of it onto himself. That he’ll think somehow, someway, that rather than an effort of Sunjata trying to offer protection, that Nate had failed in some way that kept the Attuned from mentioning it.

So he huffs out a shaky breath, a nod to Ronin, eyes squeezing shut at the hand in his hair as he calms his breathing with it again. “Yes.” He says quietly, unsure whether or not he could sleep with the energy and fear that still crackled through his veins. But he would try, so he could wake up in his own home, so he could figure out just what to do next without falling apart completely and entirely. And before long, with that thought in mind, he’s asleep within the dream, letting Ronin guide the dreams until he wakes fully this time.

— FIN <333
SUNJATA