a rare sight, the light
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 9 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 46 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
I won't stop breathing 'til my heart stops beating
Before, Noah may have felt an overwhelming sense of anxiety in the darkness. Longnight had never been a time of comfort or peace with the people of this world, and Halo was no stranger to that. While they did not fight monsters of the same sort as the Holloed Grounds, the cold and darkness and ice and snow were no more merciful. Now, however, while there was a knowledge of the dangers of this place and it's darkness, Noah felt no fear. He felt indomitable in this form, even as the pitch black wrapped around him. All the light there was, which barely broke through the dark, was the flickering of candles and fireplaces within the homes scattered around them.

This was a confidence he had never known.

I found a journal that someone had place in the library of the Arcane Academy last longnight, all about different hunts they had. A lot of it was fowl hunting. Must have been an enthusiast. I read about turkeys and from my understanding, they aren't that much different than ningos. At least, when it came to intelligence. At the mention of landsharks, Noah's interest piqued. Land sharks? The journal had not mentioned them.

NOAH
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 9824
this is the reckoning
No demons here, not for the moment. No shattering of lives. No gnashing of teeth. No torturous, tormenting eaves and halls. Just a world segmented in its veiled folds, with distant lamp and lantern lights, the haze of fires, and the familiar wake of glows scattering along the horizon. Peaceful, in a way. Perhaps that sentiment came with being a larger predator, with the self-assurance and reliance in one’s capabilities. In scorching, in soaring, in becoming bestial and barbaric.

Deimos gave no hint of his thoughts towards the Academy, though his eyes briefly shifted in that direction. Given Zariah’s predilections, instruction, and tutelage, it would be better off as a smoldering ruin. Just a size difference, the Sword proceeded, with information parsing through the various fowl contained within the ramparts of each.

Land sharks, and a solemn nod flickered. On two occasions he’d come across them, and while he’d lived to tell the tales, he certainly did not enjoy their existences. A wave of an image, rather than semblances of emotions, curled through the Attuned bond, so Noah might see one for himself, cast in the wake of the monolith’s memories. Like their sea counterparts, only they rise from the ground. I slayed one to save Zuriel, but nearly lost my arm. And then there’d been the small one that had become Amun’s companion –

All in all, not a favored beast.
DEIMOS
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Each image that passed through the bond, Noah took and kept in his memory. Each time the two of them spoke, Noah found himself thirsty for more of the knowledge that the warlord held. He soaked in what he had to say about the landsharks, and turned his eyes back to where he thought the hellhound stood. Are they everywhere in the grounds, or just resigned to certain places? He asked, bear ears twitching.

Both excitement and reverence sparked through the hunter's body. This world was truly incredible -- there was so much to encounter and explore, take in and make his mind more vast in the depth and breadth of knowledge he could hold. Two years ago, Noah would not have felt this way. It seemed a though his time outside of Halo had an affect on him, after all.

We should hunt again. Noah decided, his confidence in Deimos boosting with their time spent together. We could explore somewhere new....even if it is only new to me.

NOAH
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
this is the reckoning
As far as whereabouts, one would hope the landsharks had their limitations and preferences to portions and pieces of land. I have seen them in the Fields. Elsewhere might be a possibility though, with new contortions of the world opening up. They’d simply have to discover, examine, and find out when the time came.

But he didn’t mind – adhering to the unknown, to explorations, to discoveries like a plotting, musing beast. Whether or not it was for game and hunting purposes – wanting to know, wanting to understand, wanting to gain sagacity and knowledge, rather than being continually launched and landed into vast confusion and chaos. There would likely always be that – but perhaps, to a lesser degree.

So more plans for when the portal opened, for when things returned to figments and fragments of normalcy. The hellhound nodded through the shadow, though Noah likely wouldn’t be able to discern it; not in the veils and shrouds of black. There is always Torchline, too. Fish, hels, and even the stretches of the jungles beyond.
DEIMOS
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
The bear simply nodded, probably missed by the hellhound. He would be sure to be on the look out for landsharks. Torchline brought up a stirring feeling in his gut and he hesitated on it for a moment. When he thought of Torchline, now, he only thought of Delphine and their time there. It still hurt that it was not right between them, or that after their last conversation and dinner together the woman had all but disappeared. He didn't follow her or look for her, not this time. He knew she did not care whether he found her or not, and he knew he wasn't truly wanted in her heart of hearts. When the dragon had transported her away, she had gone on a vacation while he spent sleepless hours and days searching for her, worried sick over her well being--

He needed to move on. Wherever she was, he was fairly confident she was not coming back this time. Her paints were gone. Torchline sounds like a good place to start. Noah settled on that point from Deimos. We could go after I return from the Hollowed Grounds. It was a matter of fact statement, and he hoped that Deimos would agree to it.

NOAH
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
this is the reckoning
Unaware of any trepidations, or familiarities in broken relationships, the Sword remained silent while the polar bear seemed to be contemplating. In between those musings, he conducted some of his own machinations, pondering over any other information he could gather while in Torchline, uncertain of occurrences throughout this season. The isolation was beneficial in some ways, in that the only danger they’d encounter was here, in their own midst, but they also lacked fundamental knowledge of anything else occurring outside these walls.

He stopped the frustration and exasperation from contorting into the bonds, but it was close, brimming, quelling, edging below the surface.

Noah broke through the quiet thereafter anyway, the schemes coming together. Agreed. It would give Deimos time to adjust back into his General role, and adhere to anything else they required. Come find me when you are ready then. Likely within the barracks, tending to anything and everything – listening to steel sing, rather than the glide of a pen across paper work and documents.
DEIMOS
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
As the warlord agreed to their hunt, time and place, Noah shook out his great body. It's a plan, then, he nearly-grunted. Although standing out in the darkness, cold, and silence was something that Noah found a new power in, a new strength, all things lasted only for a time. There was still work to be done. It was never ending. Whether he was hunting, trying to keep his home in some sort of order, or spending time meeting with people in the Palace and his office, it never stopped. See you soon. The hunter let his farewell loose across their attuned bond as he started to stride towards his house.

FINISHED

NOAH