close your eyes and make a wish
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I don't trust nobody
LongNight. It was one of the few times during the year that Maeve bothered going to the water. While the denizens of Torchline were eager to crowd the beaches at all times of the year, Maeve found that the sun didn't agree with her. So she stuck to the shadows. Hiding from the sun's light and only venturing out when the moon bathed the shoreline in its silvery glow. That suited her just fine. There wasn't much need for her to seek the water. Tonight, however, she felt the siren song that urged her towards the waves.

Carefully she picks her way down to the Miana Pool. It was one of the few places that wasn't crowded with people. No, they stuck to the sandy beaches dotted with bonfires and torches, chasing away the darkness and quiet with the firelight and music that surrounded them. Her shawl is wrapped loosely around her shoulders, the linen shirt she's wearing hitting mid thigh to keep at the slight chill from the breeze. Linen pants and simple shoes protect her from the rest of the elements.

Maeve finally reaches the edge, settling on one of the rocks that's the least wet and removing a small bag from her shoulder. She stares out at the water, watching the waves lap at the edge of the rocks with a heavy sigh.

Delta
and nobody trusts me

Maeve
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 14 - Int:
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
Who knew I'd make her so blue
Last year for LongNight, Delta had ventured into the fray that was the celebrations. It was chaotic and honestly? Kinda a let down. She really wanted to try a sandwich and never got one! It was very unfortunate and there wasn’t very much she could do about it.

Rather than dwelling on the past, she chose to move on forward with new ideas and new plans for this go around. This instead would be her exploring along the shore, using the torch light to guide her. The canals were wonderful and she found herself swimming along them and looking around at the area from a brand new angle.

It was after one of those adventures that she found herself at the pools. Sticking her head above the water, it took a bit of glancing around to notice a figure. Tilting her head, she dove down and made her way closer and closer to the figure before resurfacing. Normally she’d call out, but seeing as she couldn’t talk, Delta was instead looking from the water at the girl, clearly very interested in, well, all of it!
Delta
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
I don't trust nobody
The head suddenly appearing above the surface of the water wasn't something she was expecting. Maeve blinks, eyes going wide as she straightens up suddenly, her breath leaving her in a rush. She hasn't actually seen a merperson in the flesh before. Despite all of her time living in Torchline it wasn't something she had experienced herself. Maeve licks her lips, finding her voice after a moment, "Hello?" She tries, brows knitting together as she's met with a splash as the figure dives back under the waves. It isn't until she resurfaces once more that Maeve realizes that it's a girl. A young woman, rather.

Maeve offers a hesitant smile, shifting the lantern she brought with her a little closer to the edge of the rock to bath the mermaid in light."The light isn't a bother is it? I- I haven't actually met a mermaid before. Not really sure.." She trails off, shaking her head as she draws her knees up to her chest, resting her chin on her knees."Sorry. You think I'd be better at talking with people. Seems that when I'm not working I struggle with words."
and nobody trusts me

Maeve
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
A voice rings out and Delta wishes she could give a proper greeting in return, but her voice remains gone. So instead, she resorts to the most BORING way of greeting someone. A small hand extends from the sea and waves to her. It'd be hard for the girl to really see her due to the darkness, but hopefully the lantern was enough.

The girl seems worried- thinking that the lantern was a problem. Delta didn't know why it would be, but she appreciated that the girl asked. Instead, she shakes her head and offers a soft smile, hoping to indicate that she didn't mind.

A joke was made about being unable to speak and boy did Delta feel that... but on a whole different level. She tried pointing to her mouth before pointing to her throat before attempting to quite literally yell. And nothing came out. Not a single sound. Not even scratchiness like she had simply gotten a sore throat.

Nope. She was just... empty. Quiet.
Delta
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
I don't trust nobody
Her brows knit together further and she cocks her head to the side when she realizes that the girl can't talk. Well, that's problematic. Maeve purses her lips, "I see... You can't talk then?" She asks softly, scooting closer to the edge and setting her lantern down as close as she was able to without it falling into the water. Maeve pulls off her shoes and lets her toes dip no the water with a sigh. "That must be.. well difficult." She says quietly, chewing on her bottom lip for a moment. "I'm sorry... My name is Maeve, by the way. I would ask yours, but seeing as you can't actually tell me..."

It was odd. Feeling like she was talking to herself despite the fact that she absolutely was not. Maeve turns to dig into the small bag she brought with her, suddenly seeming to remember why she came out here anyway. She pulls out a gemstone. "Do you know the myth surrounding this place?"
and nobody trusts me

Maeve
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
It was unfortunate, but thankfully the girl understood. She couldn’t talk. She hasn’t figured out why but maybe it was better to have silence than random assumptions. Delta didn’t want to make all of the other merfolk look back or cause the girl to be more confused than necessary. There is simply a nod, trying to answer the first question with a yes.

Maeve. A lovely name and Delta wishes she could say it out loud. Her eyes widen and she has an idea.

Using her hands and fingers, she tries her best to spell out DELTA. The D and A were the toughest- but she absolutely tried her best, struggling a small bit every so often to make sure it was facing the right direction and also was legible. It was hard, but it better pay off!

Another question and she doesn’t know how to respond. She tilts her head and shrugs. She knew some stories, but wasn’t sure if they had the same idea in mind. Would Maeve understand? Probably not, but Delta was trying her best.
Delta
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
I don't trust nobody
Confusion tugs on her features, causing her brows to knit and the corners of her lips to turn down as she watches Delta. At first she doesn't understand what the woman is trying to do, but soon she gets it. Maeve quietly mouths each letter to herself before she smiles once she gets it together. "Your name is Delta? Pretty. Suppose that's rather fitting for a mermaid," she punctuates the sentence with a soft laugh. The water is cool on her feet and it's the most she ever gets in anymore. Maeve shifts her attention back to the girl, shoulders lifting as she heaves a sigh.

"I don't know it all that well, but they say if you toss a beautifully colored stone in it'll be taken down to L'ma's lair. If your stone is pretty enough you'll get a wish granted. Not sure how much I believe in it. Never even heard of L'ma." Maeve pulls her bag back into her lap, pulling out a handful of colorful gems. Ruby, amethyst, sapphire, opal, and emerald. All pristinely cut and glimmering in her palm. She tilts her head to the side, examining the gems in the lantern light and lowering her hand down to Delta so she can see. "I didn't know what they would like or if it would like or if it would even work, but I'm just needing a little magic."

Of course, Delta couldn't say anything in return. Maeve might as well be talking to herself, but it didn't keep her from speaking anyway.
and nobody trusts me

Maeve
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
There was a wide grin and even hints of a blush as Delta delicately moves back some of her hair behind her ear, enjoying the compliments for her name. It was a lovely name, indeed! She wasn’t one to shy away from compliments and she always loved to receive them, especially for things like that. It made her quite happy!

The girl would go on to talk and Delta could only nod along. There wasn’t room for interjecting seeing as she couldn’t figure out how to say anything with her hands.

It was the last comment that caught her attention. A small frown. Was the girl okay? Her last comment was quite worrying and although Delta wasn’t sure if it would help, she had a brilliant idea. She held up a 1 with her finger, trying to indicate the idea of one moment. It was a universal sign, supposedly, but she couldn’t trust humans that much.

And with that, she dove down out of sight. Swimming a little away from the area, she started her search. Sifting through the mud, she found exactly what she wanted.

Within a few minutes she had surfaced once more with a proud grin on her face.

Placing down the objects, Delta presented the girl with gifts. A shiny ring, meant for a larger hand. Two very shiny stones. Half of a locket. Finally, a broken piece of a spoon.

All shiny objects that would hopefully be perfect for tossing in.
Delta
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
I don't trust nobody
Even in the faint lantern light Maeve is able to see a slight flush rise on the girl's cheeks as she compliments her name. Delta demurely tucks a stand of hair behind her ear and Maeve's laughs softly before she continues to speak about why exactly she came here tonight. Delta listens to every word, nodding along and offering little smiles. More than Maeve was expecting given the circumstances.

Delta holds up a finger, signaling for her to wait a moment and Maeve raises a brow as she turns to dive into the water. She shifts in her spot, closing her hand around the stones as she looks at the spot Delta disappeared, watching the bubbles dissipate. It's a few minutes before she resurfaces, moving back towards Maeve and offering up her gathered bounty.

Carefully Maeve picks up each object, turning them over as she examines them before it dawns on her what they're for. Maeve smiles softly down at her, "Thanks... Here. How about I take half of these and you take half of mine. We can both throw some in." She says, sorting through her small selection of gems and what Delta brought back, splitting them into two piles.

Her eyes slip closed and she tosses her handful into the pool, letting them sink to the bottom. Whether or not they'll bring about her wishes is yet to be determined.

~FIN~
and nobody trusts me

Maeve