Training (open) you hit like a girl
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
eyes can't shine unless there's something burning bright behind
It's high time she made another visit to the Slagveld. It's been far too long; she's neglected her physical training in exchange for getting used to her abilities. But there will always be a time where the spit of a flame isn't enough.

So she enters the Slagveld with her mess of curls wrapped up into a bun, dressed in loose-fit clothing that will lend itself to the purposes of a spar. Her hair's gotten quite lengthy since she arrived to Caido. Maybe it's due for a trim, especially given that Longheat will arrive sooner or later and Torchline is a very hot, humid place. A thought to tuck away for later, to be sure.

She leans against one of the walls by the boxing ring, wrapping her hands and feet, anticipating and hoping for the arrival of someone else. Maybe she'll meet someone new or maybe it'll be a familiar face that walks through the doors. It doesn't make much difference to her. All she needs is another set of fists.
Aurelia
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Age: 33 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Tesability Offline
Change author:
MP: 360
Neos
Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum
Neos was rubbing the middle of his back with one hand reached behind him as he dared to reapproach the Slagveld. His eyes were looking out and about for the drunk figure, swallowing his apprehension for the moment.

Kinda says something about the false human to take a shot from a demigod and live to tell the tale...if only he could recall it. Honestly, it's the fact that he didn't recall whatever caused him to start wheezing for a hot minute that unnerved him, but that's neither here nor there.

As he approached, the blue-tinted brow rose upon the sight of a woman in the ring. "Note to self, this is a mixed-arena," he said with a small smile...then narrowed his eyes for a moment. "...hey wait, weren't you on the ship that was attacked by those spooky whales, recently?"
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies
This is me
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Mixed arena holds no meaning to Aurelia. She's not from any place that would be sexist against those who wished to fight. Her world had its own darker merits, but even that would be beneath them. So when the comment reaches her ears, and her eyes take in this semi-familiar man, she huffs out a chuckle. "If it isn't good ole stow-away," she says, looping one last bit of wrap around one of her hands. Securing it, she rises to her feet with ease.

"I was," she nods, "still am."

But talking and getting to know this useless asshole isn't what she's here for. "Did you come here for a fight, or just to say stupid shit that'll get you hit?" Her brows raise in challenge, but she doesn't wait for an answer before making her way into the ring. With a come-hither motion, she gestures toward him, "Let's see if you're worth your salt."
Aurelia
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Age: 33 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
Neos
Neos just flatly looked at the chick with narrowed eyes and a flat look for a few seconds on her last quip, before bowing his head and shut his eyes upon sighing. "Guess I earned that," he muttered, looking over the ring setup once more before getting himself in it for the second time. "As long as you're not another bloody demigod," he continues to say under his breath as he pulls his arms behind himself, sliding off the suit jacket he so often wears before hooking it over one of poles.

"I'm guessing you frequent this place and a lot," he notes at a more normal volume as he took off his hat, then his necklace, hanging the necklace over his jacket before placing the hat on top of the pole the other two items were on.

Without missing much of a beat, he shifts into a combat stance, hands in front of him, though his right side was the side closer to his would-be opposition for now. His hands were open wide, almost as far as they could be, with a slight curl to his fingers to make them look like he was unsheathing claws. It's this that causes the light in the building to make the sealed slits on all of his fingers and thumbs under the nails more noticeable by having them cast a bit of a small shadow into themselves. He also bends his knees a bit so that the top of his maned head would meet the top of Aurelia's when she's standing up straight, which also makes himself slightly more like a predator ready to pounce on his prey. "Shall we exchange names as well as blows?"
I make no apologies
This is me
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
"No, no demigods here," she confirms, shaking her head with an amused air.

As for his question, she raises a brow and places her hands on her hips, squaring to face him in the sandy ring. She may not be the most muscular character in Caido - or even just in Torchline - okay, but she looks... tough, you could say. Looks the part of someone who would frequent a place like this. Instead of answering, she'll let him figure it out.

She eyes his stance, wondering where in the hell he learned it from. He looks like a monkey ready to unsheathe its claws at her, only she's not sure he has either of those characteristics. But she also doesn't know he doesn't, so she takes the hint. The guy might have some weird freaky shit up his sleeve she doesn't know about. She's not judging. Not a lot, anyway.

But a good old-fashioned fight is what she's here for and she'll make that very clear. "Allow me to go first," she states, happy to. Her shoulders roll forward and her hands shift into tight fists. She makes the first move with little care for whether it hits or not, only that it's made, and so her fist swings widely for his chest. The other arm is kept ready to defend her face, at least, but she's not ready for close quarters combat yet.

"Aurelia." She makes a point to quickly draw back and recreate the distance. He'll have to work for his own hit, too. "And you?"
Aurelia
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Change author:
Neos
He almost didn't block the shot. He almost found himself on the floor upon being hit in a critical spot on his human form. Fortunately, the false human pulled his arms back and together barely in time to create a sort of shield that helped deaden the force of the blow just enough. While he still hit himself in the chest with the back of his own forearms after deadening some of the force of the blow and felt the familiar internal searing spiking up, it was just enough to prevent a disaster, enough to brace himself for the incoming pain.

"...I...wouldn't...try going...for that same...same spot again if...I were you," he struggled to say, teeth gritted as he forced himself through the long-burning spike of pain. "Not during this combat," he added before returning to his stance. "I can show why if curious," he says after taking a deep breath to steady himself, before he cryptically adds. "But let's say some wounds can take...decades to heal...if at all..."

He nods at the name before suddenly dropping to the floor after jumping forwards to close the gap, bending his knees greatly to bring himself lower and swinging one leg forward to go for dropping the opposition onto her ass, or at least unbalance her. "Name's Neos," he responded in regards to the given name.
I make no apologies
This is me
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
He warns her not to hit him in the chest and, briefly, the audacity occurs to her to only aim for that now. She does take a second to realize there might actually be a good reason for that, though. After all, it's not typically a sensitive area. His comment about wounds taking decades to heal has her expression scrunching with confusion.

A confusion that works just enough to distract her as he swoops down toward the ground. Her back hits the sand with a heavy thud, but fortunately it is only sand, and there's no real harm done. With a slightly flustered gritting of her teeth, she grumbles, "Nice to meet you."

She swings back upon her feet with ease. Not the chest, huh? Well, she can still work with that. Always one for revenge, and maybe it's a little petty, Aurelia weaves into the motion to drive her own shin directly against the back of his knee, hoping to make it crumple beneath her pressure.

"You're an Outlander, Neos?" She asks. She doesn't really know, not sure if he's ever mentioned it in their previous passings, but something about him sticks out from the rest. Maybe it's his clothes, maybe it's the odd hue of his hair, maybe it's the fact that his wounds take decades to heal.
Aurelia
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Change author:
Neos
"Same to you," he responded with a small smirk, while keeping in his stance. "Unusual circumstances for exchanges, but definitely not the most unu---"

The sudden swing in the middle of his words causes him to have a shin meet the back of his knee. However, he took the attack in stride, flipping backwards with the motion he was now forced to make and landing on his feet a step further from his 'opponent'. The pathing of the flip, however, made it very possible for him to end up kicking Aurelia in the face in the process without trying. "Nice try," he said with a small huff after landing, smirk still on his face, though he wasn't looking up high enough to see if he did anything to Aurelia by accident. "Had that happen so many times, I can recover from that."

At the question of being an Outlander, however, he looked fully to the ground, though he hadn't dropped his stance and remained on guard. "...honestly, no point in pretending I'm something I'm not. Wouldn't be surprised if I made enemies by accident from not knowing what I'm supposed to do at moments, either."
I make no apologies
This is me
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
He's in the middle of talking when she makes her move, but, she doesn't much care. It'll have to make do. Rather than falling to his knees, he flows with her kick with surprising grace, doing a fucking flip too. Her brows widen but no, there's no possibility that his foot lands a hit to her face there. She sidesteps the move with relative ease, even if it's surprising that he'd managed it.

"Nice moves," she levels back at him with a growl hitching on the edges of her voice, raising her fists once more.

This time, though, she holds her stance to let him talk.. a bit. He's not being very transparent though, and Aurelia wonders what he's on about now. Only for a moment's pause, though, because she's planning her next move.

No more feet tricks, she decides, and hurls her fist squarely for his shoulder since he seems intent to stare at the ground. The hit isn't intended just to hurt, but to shake him out of it. What's his deal, anyway?

"Is everything you say cryptic?" She breathes out the words with a slightly frustrated air, feeling the sweat bead on her temple. To an extent, she does understand what he means, so she offers the only sympathy he's going to get from her today {probably}, "Can't always make everybody happy..."
Aurelia
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Change author:
Neos
The motions of her feet cause Neos to look up towards her, a look of sorrow in his narrowed eyes. He had been expecting a swing, despite the state he was in, so he steps to the side. "No, no I can't," he says, completely sidestepping the question before that. "However, it seems more dangerous than usual to anger the divine especially in this world."

He then suddenly shifts stance, a growl in his voice as he rushes forward. However, he expects a retaliation to the head-on motion, so he jumps up to whatever action he tries against him, flipping over her head with practiced ease to try to get in a shot with a downwards kick before landing upon the ground, hopefully on his feet.

"Sorry, I've had a lot on the mind lately," he said after all that, entering a relaxed stance to brace himself for whatever may come for him this time.
I make no apologies
This is me
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
He sidesteps yet another hit and Aurelia's starting to get a little irritated. What he says almost goes completely in one ear and out the other, but she does manage to catch it before he's suddenly leaping clean over her with an agility that she still wasn't expecting even from the last move he pulled.

A foot comes crashing down on her shoulder with all of the impact that a full human body can have, and she spirals downward. "Fucking hell, I can see that," she winces, but like the stubborn idiot she is she just doesn't know when to quit.

Recovering as quickly as one can from a move like that, she rises back up to her feet and immediately throws herself back into the fight. Her fist curls in against the soft spot beneath his ribcage, and it hits. Oh, it hits, and it hits him hard, too. No show of restraint or control in this one.

She takes a step back and huffs, offering little else in terms of what's weighing heavy on his mind. Not that she'd be able to help him with that, anyway.
Aurelia
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Change author:
Neos
Don't be mistaken
Your bloody time's up
With a blood-curdling scream upon impact, he finds himself flat on his back suddenly, legs, arms and head curled in to cover the struck location. When he flopped back, the bottom edge of the black shirt he was wearing flew up a bit, revealing part of a crude slash that seemed to change colors between black, red, orange in a familiar and eerie way, much like a smoldering fire would.

He was used to the pain when it was just left alone. The pain that fills him warps his thinking and eventually makes him fall suddenly still after a few moments.

...then he started to get up and cast his gaze towards Aurelia, a sideways grin appearing on his face as his head began swinging side to side like a pendulum, his body now also swaying side to side to match. "He warned you," a new voice said, higher and twisted than the original, more suited for a villain. "Every time, the pain's so much that it knocks him out...and allows me to have fun for a minute. Now."

He then looks over Aurelia, then frowns and shakes his head. "No. No, you won't do." He then glanced towards the jacket, hat and necklace, rolling his eyes as he grabbed them, but didn't bother putting any of them on. "I'll find more...suitable toys to play with elsewhere," he remarked before stepping out of the ring, humming a simple melody to himself as the figure left the Slagveld for now...

~Fin
This ain't no game
We're not here to entertain you