[split] [se] the ones who sing in the dead of night
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ADAM
it's not a cry for help,
it's just a cry for connection.
The harsh whip of her words made Adam flinch as if he'd been struck and he stayed perfectly still after that in a way only the Ascended could, not breathing, not doing anything, just listening to what she said and trying to come up with any kind of answer to any of it. It didn't sound like the woman he'd known before he'd gone; she'd been a devout follower of the Old Gods, yes, but she'd had empathy, wanted to make things work, disliked the harsh zealots that took over the faith.

"...I guess I've just worked out you're not Ama, either, then." He said quietly, finally picking up his head. "She'd stop talking about all this meaningless shit and see what matters is that we're here together, but I guess while I was gone that girl left. Those fucking Gods won't give a damn if you're not useful to them anymore, Ama. The second you dare to say anything they don't like, they'll be gone, and..." Gods, what was the point? Adam had never convinced anyone away from their beliefs with his words, not really, and the wound she'd just inflicted on his heart was so heavy he couldn't even try to pretend he'd try make another move ever again.

Shoulders slumping, he shook his head. The Gods took everything away, and it seemed they'd taken away Amalia now, before they'd even had a chance to see what they could be together. Quietly, defeated, he asked: "...Can y'at least take me somewhere I can walk home from? I know I'm a disgusting fucking machine or whatever, but I'd still rather not get lost in a swamp."
i'd trade my life and health,
to make people pay attention.
I'd sacrifice myself for the
sake of entertainment.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
no amount of guilt can change the past && no amount of anxiety can change the future
Every accusation he slings is added to her armor. She does not - cannot - find the truth in it, because she has made her choice. Safrin's warning - Choose Vi - ring through her like an echo, and she wraps herself in the reminder that what she's doing is right. "I'm still Amalia," is her quiet answer, spine stiffening with defensive pride, "But a better version. One chosen by Vi. It's something you can't understand."

Part of her wants very much to leave him there, because she knows that with each second comes another chance of breaking her resolve. But she nods, curyly, her vision blurred with tears, and takes a step towards Adam. "Turn around-" and what happens next is such an ugly, twisted facsimile of their earlier reunion that it nearly breaks her entirely.

Slender, muscular arms wrap around Adam, her small body pressed against his in what could have been (should have been) a passionate embrace. A long tail wraps around his lower body for further support. She speaks a beat later than she should have, and her voice is rough with emotion. "It'll be fast," is the only warning she gives--

--and then they're skyborne, moving faster than any mortal creature could, back towards Torchline's distant shores.
Amalia
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
ADAM
it's not a cry for help,
It took all of Adam's will to hold back the instant fuck Vi that wanted to come forth from his lips; the only thing that stopped him was the worry that this new, incredibly passionate Amalia would take it the wrong way and decide to enact on her beliefs right now by removing his awful Ascended head from his fake body, or whatever. "You're right. I don't understand."

Knowing that she was his ticket home though (and Gods, how awful it was that it had suddenly become so cold and practical), he didn't say anything else. Just let her pick him up, the touch now almost painful as he was aware with every bit of contact how much she had to be thinking of his nasty cold skin, his lack of life. To make it easier he automatically altered his gravity as she lifted off, making himself lighter - it struck him a moment later this might upset her, be even more unnatural, but honestly? He hoped she felt uncomfortable with it. His upset was very quickly turning into anger and bitterness.

Normally, he would have made jokes, yelled, chatted to her on the way home, especially fucking flying -- but Adam was silent, watching the world go by beneath them.
sake of entertainment.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
no amount of guilt can change the past && no amount of anxiety can change the future
She does feel uncomfortable, but not just because of what he is. Even though they travel like a bullet through the air, Amalia feels every second, painfully aware of her heart beating against him, her tail wrapped around his legs. To be so close to everything she wanted, and yet kept back so far-- it aches more than her wings, more than anything. This should be a moment of triumph, of joy. Just a half-inch closer and her face would be nestled within his hair - and gods, how she wants it, wants to stop and land and tell him she was wrong, that she regrets it, that she loves him and always will.

In another world, in another life, things would be different than they are. But in this world, today? They are broken, destined to once more drift apart.

She lands as gently as she can given his longer limbs, still trying not to hurt him despite the pain she's already caused. Silently Amalia unhands Adam, taking a step away and letting her arms drop down to her sides. She looks exhausted, older, as though that journey alone aged her by five years and two diseases.

But no, it's just one heartbreak.

"I'm sorry." She isn't sure if he'll turn to look at her, or if she wants him to. "I'm sorry I couldn't save you. One day... one way or another, I'm going to free you, Adam. Free all of you. So you can be whole again."
Amalia
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM
it's not a cry for help,
As soon as his feet touched the ground Adam was standing up and walking away from Amalia, finding himself revulsed at the idea of spending any more time around her unsettling devotion. Maybe the Voice had changed his body, but he felt like the Old Gods had changed Amalia's soul. He'd never known what to do with her devout praise for the Gods and now it had morphed into zealotry, he was even less equipped.

He'd already taken several steps away when she spoke, and he didn't turn to look back at her. When Adam heard it he was tempted to not reply either, but the painful rope between their hearts still tugged and he couldn't just leave her silently; that didn't mean he had to say anything kind, though. "I don't want you to fucking fix me, Amalia. Save that for someone that needs it."

That was all he had to say. His hand raised as he almost turned around, almost got into the argument - but knowing it would only go around in circles, Adam sighed, shook his head and continued walking away, not looking back.

{FIN}
sake of entertainment.