[split] [SE] give me succor
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I don't trust nobody
"Nothing bad, love." Maeve dismisses with a wave of her hand. She didn't really mean anything by it. Her words were only meant to be a gentle tease. True, when they first departed, Ronin had been quiet. Perhaps a touch reserved. Over time the short time they were together he had warmed up quickly. Extenuating circumstances did that to people. Most of the time. That hadn't been the case with her and Rigby, but under Ronin's reserved exterior had been a warmth she was more than happy to accept. Just like she's happy to accept his gaze wandering over her body.

Except there is something in his eyes that gives away his reluctance. Maeve has seen that look many times in her clients who came for an escape. To get away from heartbreak. She softens, pushing away from the tree to join him, "You're not the only one." Maeve murmurs in return, bumping against his shoulder lightly as they slowly make their way back to camp.

The time passes easily, both of them finding an easy peace between eating and resting. Maeve leans back against the boat, stretching her legs with a sigh, "Is it? I didn't think it was that odd. Not that I'd know. Don't really find myself outside of Torchline often," she shrugs her shoulders, wincing at the ache it makes her aware of.
and nobody trusts me

Maeve
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
RONIN

"Mm, I only found it odd because of all the shipwrecks," Ronin admits, though he supposes Maeve is probably right. Anywhere with this many wrecks and no active sailing is likely to be a ghost town. "Oh?" He tilts his head, though it isn't all that strange for people to stay put, especially in a place like Torchline. "Well, at least we were zapped somewhere relatively safe," he says. "It might have been the desert, or somewhere very cold."

In fact, out here under a blanket of stars that's just starting to peep through, things are relatively peaceful. Ronin glances across in time to see Maeve wince, and he shuffles to sit up a bit more and pats the side of the boat. "I'll stay up to keep watch for a bit," he suggests, "if you want to lay down and get some sleep. I imagine those leaves you weaved together will be more comfortable than the floor."
soft spoken with a broken jaw
we step outside, but not to brawl
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I don't trust nobody
The first time she was zapped it was to somewhere relatively unsafe. This was a pleasant change. Her eyes meet his and she runs a hand through her hair, lips pressing into a thin line. "I didn't have anyone to really teach me anything. I took care of myself. I guess... I'm scared to. Sometimes I don't feel made for this world." Maeve admits a faint smile coming to play on her lips as she holds his gaze. A lingering feeling that she's never really been able to get rid of. It just feels a part of who she is now.

Maeve hums at the suggestion, moving to stand and stretch her arms above her head, back arching with the stretch. With careful steps, she moves around the fire and pauses at his side. Her brows draw together as she looks down at him, seeming to debate with herself for a moment before she slips a hand to his shoulder. Maeve bends at the waist, pressing close enough for her lips to brush his cheek, close to the corner of his mouth. "Goodnight, Ronin.. Thank you for everything," she murmurs against his skin, drawing back slowly and stepping into the boat carefully.

She lays herself down into the bottom of the bottom of the boat, curling her body up tightly with her head pillowed one of her arms. After a few minutes of shifting this way and that, the girl finally settles in a mildly restless slumber.
and nobody trusts me

Maeve
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
RONIN

Ronin tilts his head to Maeve, surprised to hear the sudden spill of personal information, though he puts it down to the stars, the darkness, the fact that it only seems to be the two of them between here and miles and miles around. He offers her a gentle smile and shifts to steady the rowboat as she goes to lay down in it, making sure that it won't tip or splinter or anything equally as unpleasant. Only once she's comfortable does Ronin settle down again, gazing into the fire and stifling a yawn behind one hand.

"Goodnight, Maeve. Sweet dreams - and thank you, as well," he murmurs, tilting his head back to rest it against the boat. It will only be an hour or so before he's also snoozing, but it's by no means restful. And if a certain weird ass moth man has anything to do with it (spoiler alert, it does), then the sleep will be interrupted soon enough anyway.

~FIN
soft spoken with a broken jaw
we step outside, but not to brawl