for when a card just isn't enough
Edy
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
the wraith
she tied you to her kitchen chair
she broke your throne and she cut your hair
Lol, like locked gates can keep her out.

Loki is perched at the top of the hedges, a bit of gloating and easy taunting floating through their bond as she peers down at Wessex, quickly followed by encouragement because, well, she can’t describe what she sees. Her soulmate will just have to see for herself.

It’s already weird enough that there’s a big-ass hedge structure out here in King’s End that reminds her of their own Labyrinth. Because A.) What was their ancestors’ obsession with mazes? And B.) Which came first? This one’s entrance is rusted shut, but she imagines that with enough force they might be able to break it open. It’s not on the to-do list today, so instead Wessex starts to climb the hedge, reaching in for handholds in scratchy, massively overgrown bushes and hauling herself to the top.

Once there, she joins her companion and sits on a relatively flat part, taking in the mess of a maze before them.
and from your lips she drew
the hallelujah
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
i'll show u mine if u show me urs
Edy is dressed in hardly anything at all, shadow-bathing. The bulge between her legs is large than either of her breasts are, which makes for quite an interesting silhouette. She's hugged up next to the maze so the sun won't touch her, her body covered in some sort of oil (the fuck for, Edy?), looking for all the world like she's waiting for someone to bring her something fruity and with about 8-shots-too-many in it to drink.

"Yeah, stay right like that." Edy purrs. Wessex's shadow has added to the Rapacious's available pool of darkness, and she stretches out a leg that might she brutishly itch her balls. "Sorry I didn't reply to your note. I used it to wipe up a drink and didn't have any extra paper to reply with." Given drinking wasn't something Edy could really do much of these days, hopefully it was a subtle enough way of saying, bitch I'm still mad.

But you know, tactfully.
Edrei
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
The sound of someone below is unexpected and Wessex leans over the edge to find Edy here, of all places. Looking more like she should be lounging on beach during Torchline’s LongNight instead of hidden away in a maze - where no one can see her?

Some warning about catching fire is on the tip of her tongue, but at the last minute she thinks better of it, knowing that it would likely just open her up to quips about Wessex already did that. Instead, her hands curl over the other edge of the hedge and she continues to provide shade service.

Anything for the family, and all that.

“Come on Edy,” Wessex replies quickly, after hearing the tactful attempt at saying she’s still angry. “You can do better than that. Something about using it to clean up dog shit or not even opening it, or even burning it on accident?”

Is she losing her touch?
the hallelujah
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Cracking an eye open as if there's sun blistering down on her, the Rapacious just snorts childishly. "Well if we're talking about shit we coulda done better.." It's low-hanging fruit, but it isn't like that's ever stopped Edy before.

"Just what in the actual fuck were you thinking? And! And-" Sitting up so that she can point an accusatory finger toward Wessex, Edy raises her eyebrows dramatically. "—bitch I hear you're immortal now. How you gonna ask Neron to stick around when he's a breath from death just like Peter and I had been?" Scrunching her nose and looking like the petulant teenager she no longer was, the Rapacious just clucks an unhappy note under her tongue. "I'd have figured out a way to kill you myself if that stunt got him killed." She adds with a huff of breath she no longer needs.
Edrei
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
“Oh, is that so?” the Wraith says with eyebrows that arch towards the sky. Waving mortality versus immortality in someone’s face isn’t her style, but a contemptuous tone says she knows Edy couldn’t kill her if she tried. “You wanna talk about doing better? Wessex laughs, hard and short, as she gears up for what is surely the first of many accusation flinging rounds with her kin.

“You showed up to the fight of the season with nothing. No borrowed powers, no weapons, n o t h i n g. I know your Launceleyn training, what the fuck were you thinking? Did you do anything to prepare? Help yourself - and us? Sliding down off the hedge to join Edy on the ground, Wessex, in a fit of pettiness, removes her commplimentary shade service and stands full-on in the sun, a blatant fuck you, look what I can do move if there ever was one.
the hallelujah
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
'Oh this should be good.' Edy grumps, running her tongue across her teeth as she sits up properly.

'I'd just come back from the dead.' The Rapacious says, arms dramatically thrown into the air. 'Figured I'd be back at the barracks and whatnot, making sure to keep fucking doors shut. Not goddamn thrown out into the fields to take on the boss monster.'

Snorting under her breath as Wessex stands out in the sun (but she's jealous, obviously), Edy shakes her head, cocking a hip. "You can say I was unprepared all goddamn day. But at the end of the day, you weren't. And you were the one to royally shit the bed. Ain't nothin' I did or didn't do gonna change that." Because at the end of the day, Edy really could give a fuck about how the whole thing went down. But when your former fuck buddy and oreo-sandwich-monarch-counterpart hands you goddamn fire crossbow and then kills your ass all over again, you're gonna be a bit salty.

Or at least, you will if you're Edy.
Edrei
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
“Oh, did coming back from the dead make you stupid?” Tilting her head to one side, Wessex looks at Edy like she’s full of excuses. Because she is. “Because I told everyone about meetings, plans, and offers to train. I came back from the dead once." Throwing that into the mix, all Wessex can imply is that she's full of shit. "I know what it's like. And if someone had said we’re going to be fighting monsters, I damn sure would have been prepared for the worst.”

Crossing her arms, she looks at Edy’s dramatics and rolls her eyes. “You were, and it put everyone out there with you in danger. Even without my mistake you didn’t look like you could hold your own. But me? Not prepared? No.” Categorically shutting that claim down, Wessex shakes her head. “I did everything I could with the information I had. Ain’t nothing going to change that.

Or the fact that she’s laying here, with the luxury of yelling at Wessex. Because at the end of the day, she’s alive. They all are. The monsters are gone. Monsters she’s only had a taste of, compared to others. That’s what matters.
the hallelujah
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
"Yeah well, guess what I didn't realize is that the biggest monster I'd be fucking squaring up against was you. Cause last I fuckin' checked, it was you that dealt the most damage to me. No amount of extra abilities would have changed that."

Raising her brows at that, Edy just shakes her head and glares, looking properly fucked off now instead of just sassily mad. "I put everyone in danger? You self-righteous bitch." Now it's Edy's turn to cross her arms. "Remind me again what the fucking upshot of all this bullshit was? Cause word around the watercooler is that it was all for fucking nothing. The Voice would have given everyone some upgrades to protect us from the monsters every goddamn LongNight. And given the Grounds is now ascended ground-zero, who the fuck was this meant to benefit?"
Edrei
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
“Yep. I’m a monster and a bitch and I alone made everyone do this. Couldn’t possibly have been a group decision - why don’t you go yell at everyone who voted on it?”

Wessex may have presented the idea to them, but they’re the ones who voted on it. Everyone could have said no. Could have split down the middle, but no, they were almost unanimous. Sucks for her and everyone returning, but Wessex hadn’t even been counting on them when they’d agreed to it.

“It’s for everyone, she spits out. “I know you don’t care about anyone outside the Launceleyns, but we can’t do this war alone and this was a long-term move. We can’t do it without the goodwill of the other races - Grounders, Torchers, Halovians - people who left the Grounds but remember the horror. We were fixing what the Voice unleashed.”

And as far as Wessex knows, she can’t rely on Edy to show up when push comes to shove - she wasn’t a ruler who did anything, and she didn’t prepare for LongNight. So, she needs others who will show up.

"You've missed a lot. Safrin and Deimos killed Rexanna and Clem. Young ascended are getting their throats cut. The Fae attacked Nate. Weapons are being made out of our parts and fluid. We need everyone on our side and that means making the Grounds safe all year round so others can live here once we rebuild."

But the Wraith doesn't really expect the Rapacious to understand long-term plans if they don't involve fucking.
the hallelujah
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
"Yeah, cause all these baby ascended are really gonna say shit to you, as their queen and ascended demigod." Edy snaps back with a roll of her eyes.

'Oh don't kid yourself.' Edy says with a casual wave of her hand. 'People left the Grounds because you're a self-righteous cunt. You weren't so bad before, but fucking gods are you insufferable now." Edy fully thought, upon squinting her eyes at seeing the tall blonde standing over her, that this would end in the fuck she'd been promised. Now it looked like even getting an apology out of Wessex wasn't going to be worth her time. 'You're the horror they remember. You're what the Voice unleashed.'

Wessex offers a bunch of history that makes absolutely no impact on the younger woman, who just aggressively shrugs her shoulders. "Did any of those things happen because of the monsters? Did the fae attack Nate because LongNight was scary? No? Then how the fuck is making one week out of the fucking year safe going to fix things that have nothing to do with it."
Edrei
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
“Yeah, well, maybe that’s a side effect of being the sole big-hitter for this side and being asked to protect a whole race against genocide, open portals, keep baby ascended from being used by the first person who finds them, and lead. So sorry my personality has spiraled, I’ve been a little fucking busy. Pausing briefly before trying to get another jab in, Wessex cocks a hip. “Besides, I thought you liked insufferable. Zariah was and you were a-ok with her. She is of course, implying that Edy is wishy-washy and doesn’t have a leg to stand on in her opinions.

Maybe it’s the combination of mentioning Zariah and Edy’s next insult, but Wessex hears little beyond You’re the horror they remember. You’re what the Voice unleashed. It rings in her ears and her vision seems to swim, and she’s grasping at the inner seams of her clothing to try and steady herself. Time seems to stop, and Edy goes underwater.

Whether or not it’s true isn’t what’s killing her. It’s what was said. By someone she once cried over. Someone she needed in her corner. The fire goes out of her eyes, aggression out of her stance. She doesn’t so much collapse inward as slowly start to turn away. Whatever voice comes out of Wessex now is nothing like Edy’s ever heard before: robotic, small, numb. “Thanks for your input. If there’s anything else wrong, you can take it up with the Voice.”

Wessex stands there for a minute, looking weirdly useless and lost as she searches for a way to leave before remembering that she can teleport and doing just that.

Loki screeches her indignation at being left behind and then launches herself into the air, leaving Edy alone again.

{W outttt}
the hallelujah
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
'HA.' Edy barks. "You aren't the sole big-hitter. Your heads' just so far up your own ass that's all you see." No one put that shit on Wessex. She grabbed the reins her own self, tied her own noose with her refusal to delegate, and hanged for it.

"At least Zariah owned her shit and didn't hide behind every fucking excuse in the book. And she's family, which is apparently all I care about, so." Edy snaps right back.

Then Wessex goes quiet and the Rapacious is about to ask if she's accidentally put herself into hibernate mode, when the Queen goes full robot. Rolling her eyes as she teleports away, Edy just offers the finger to where Wessex had just been. "Yeah I'll taking it up with FUCKING HUMAN RESOURCES." She screams into the emptiness, before looking up at Loki.

"Oh fuck you, don't start." She huffs, before laying back down in her patch of shade, so much smaller without Wessex around.

'So sorry I got you killed again Edy. Lol did you see what a mess that was. Huh, it coulda gone better amiright? my bad, lets fuck. WOULD THAT HAVE BEEN SO HARD." She screams again into the air.

~fin
Edrei