every hour, on the hour, they drew blood
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Age: 25 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
RIGBY

Rigby watched the spit leave Nate's mouth and splat against the pebbles and ground, glancing back up and snorting at the response, "Me? Never," he replied slowly, watching Nate carefully as he lifted a pack of cigarettes from his pocket. Considering how he'd so rudely snuffed Rigby's, the boy held out a hand, expectant, waiting, partly to irritate and partly because he actually wanted one from the guy.

If he didn't receive, he'd reach for his own pack and strike another. There would be chances to snag Nate's in the future, lift them off of him or fuck him over somehow. Either way there was a light at his lips as the larger man spoke, Rigby exhaled a ashy cloud as he replied, "Congrats," he glanced down, kicked a rock in the new hybrid's direction.

"Why'd she even ask?" he questioned further, wondering what the fuck the scenario was that'd started this. Surely Nate hadn't gone to see Safrin on purpose? Who's the clever one now big guy.
i'll make you understand
and you can trade me for an apparition
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE

”I’ll be sure to underestimate you next time.” Not actually needing breath allows him to pull the ever dramatic never ending sigh. The irritated sound hisses out of him even as he offers his pack out in Rigby’s direction, a single cigarette shaking itself loose with a well practised flick of the wrist. Assuming the other has some kind of light, he strikes a match off his zipper and shakes it out once his smoke is lit, flicking it off into the sea.

”To fuck me over?” Nate rolls his eyes as he spits the words out, as if the answer should be obvious. As far as hes concerned, it should be. ”Because she hates me? Or maybe because I’m fucking her second favourite.” The anger in his tone isn’t actually directed at his husband, but he’s not about to paint a target on his chest and offer it out to be derided by Rigby. He’s gonna huff and puff and blow himself into a fury.
I love to see the sun
In spite of all it's done
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Age: 25 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RIGBY

Rigby was mildly surprised by Nate's gesture. Peace offering? Maybe he hadn't thought about his actions too hard and instinctively passed the cigarette. Whatever the reason, Rigby quirked a brow but eagerly snatched the roll that hopped in it's pack. He had his own light of course, a pack of matches waited diligently in his pockets to be removed. He struck one and flicked it at the white stone behind him.

He listened with a smirk, the palpable anger wafted through the air and amused him. Fucking her second favorite made him snort, "Oh I bet both your mommies are thrilled about it." He lazily kicked out one leg to cross over the other, digging in his heels as he leaned against the lighthouse, "I guess that's your fault for showing up on her turf though," he tested, watching Nate carefully with his feral gaze.
i'll make you understand
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NATE

"Shows what you know." He tries to bite back his anger, tries to hold his tongue, tries to not rise to obvious bait, but he can only hold back so much when he's already so twisted with emotion. "The Voice could care less what I do." Sneering the words out with a self-assured bent, all Nate do is roll his eyes. "Or who I do it with." No, the real problem here was Safrin. Obviously.

Nate's face twists, the cigarette moving as he chews at the tip of it just to keep from snapping out a retort, something classless about the herald being a jealous bitch. He can't afford the burns, not right now. "What, you're the expert now? You know the Gods will?" A hand gestures wildly to the sky as a mocking laugh leaves Nate. The day he takes advice or heckling from this little punk is the day he truly gives up on himself.
I love to see the sun
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Change author:
RIGBY

It was true, Rigby didn't know much of anything about the Voice. He'd grown up on stories of the Old God's divinity, in and out of shrines to watch his father pray. His pious childhood had scorned the Voice, forbidden him from learning much about her at all except that she was the enemy. The Old Gods had always been his real objects of spite, but the Voice remained unexplored.

Still, he'd imagine her similarly. A deity is a deity, selfish, superior, arrogant and bitchy. Nate's defensiveness wouldn't change his opinion now, "She's a god too isn't she? All they do is care about the little things and get pissed over em," he sneered, taking a long pull on the cigarette then holding it at his side. He grinned at Nate's words, the wild gestures and distress. He raised his own in a mockingly placating gesture, "Course not, I'm un-clever remember?"

"All I'm saying is don't complain about the gods when you're the one serving em," he took another puff, "like me, I'm not cursed like you 'cause I don't give a fuck about them, so they don't give a fuck about me."
i'll make you understand
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE

"She's different than the others." Nate can't help the warning tone in his voice, the burst of protectiveness. "The rest of them started off as Gods, they don't know what living is like. The Voice started off as a person." And that right there made all the difference, at least as far as he was concerned. The Voice knew what it was like to be a little piece of some grand cosmic puzzle, and she'd flipped the board so she could see everything too.

Rolling his eyes, Nate can hardly stop the sneer, the twist of an accent in his words. "The word you want is stupid. And believe me, you don't need to say it."

"How long are you going to be able to stay out of their games you think?" An accent drags over the words, along with the ghost of a grin that's anything but warm. "A season? Two?" Naet scoffs, shaking his head and pulling his smoke away from his lips so he can tap the ash into the wind. "You live in their world. They'll find you one way or the other." There's no neutrality with what's coming, nowhere safe to stand with the coming war. The only hope any of them really have is finding a place to stay with the least fallout.
I love to see the sun
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Change author:
RIGBY

Rigby could appreciate a little god slander, but the protectiveness in Nate's tone regarding the Voice confirmed what he'd assumed. The man had chosen a side, his hatred towards some didn't smudge away his devotion to the other. Loving any god was not a card in Rigby's hand, he couldn't imagine doing tasks or seeking guidance. The day he was forced to choose was the day he melted into the fingers and never came out.

Or at least he believed that for now. In the end he'd happily ride along with the company that helped him survive. For now though, not even the Voice's humble beginnings would draw a quirk to his brow. Regardless of how she was born, she'd chosen this. "And? They're all as fucked up as people, she's not special."

Nate's next comment was shrugged off like a weak blow, Rigby didn't care about what the other thought of him. Clever, stupid, both could be true and both could be false. He just rolled his shoulders, blew another puff.

The false grin, the biting words, Rigby thrived off the negative energy they'd conjured here. "And if they do, maybe I'll give in and be a kiss ass like you," he sneered right back.
i'll make you understand
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE

Nate returns the smoke to his lips, his hand not pausing as it continues up to pinch at his brows. "So she's the only one who knows what it feels like to be overrun by the Gods." Nate points out, a tight grin overtaking his face, not a scrap of mirth in it. "I know it's hard to believe, but sometimes, other people go through the same shit you have." And they manage to not be pricks about it. A long sigh heaves out of him, then an even longer inhale, the cherry of his smoke burning bright as he pulls on it.

All Nate can do is roll his eyes and try to not grind his teeth in irritation. If he gave Rigby that satisfaction, he'd have nothing left in his mouth. "Better hope one of them still wants to take you by then." He offers as a warning, deciding as his smoke dwindles away to nothing that he's finished with this shitty conversation. Flicking his butt in Rigby's direction, Nate steps away, looking out over the coast and sighing. At this point, he doesn't even remember what he'd come out to do, so he might as well wander back down the path, wander back home to the temporary peace he has there.

Fin~
I love to see the sun