Training but hold your balance
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
as if you were on fire
from within
It isn't the most impressive island, a patch of sand in a sea of blue. Even so, as she looks out at the coast, she wears a triumphant smile. With not a cloud in sight, the sun shines down over Torchline. It wasn't so long ago that she'd lost track of its motions to the darkness of Longnight. She's glad it's back. Pieces are falling into place, everything is back into full swing.

A plan has already been set into motion, though it all rests on Milo's shoulders at this point. The line of her brow wrinkles as she wonders if he saw her note at all, or if he would show. Maybe she should've just brought him along, dragged him out into the ocean herself. Again. Unfortunately, however, their lives don't totally revolve around one another. Goods need smuggling, wilds need seeing, gods need praying, and captains need their crews.

So she waits on her island of one, looking for familiar red hair and its matching crooked grin. Toes sink into warm sand as a breeze chills her dampened shirt. She's not wearing much more than that and swim shorts (of a sort. read: idk what they wear here). She wouldn't need anything more for this.
the moon lives
in the lining of your skin
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
last couple of months kinda been a disaster
He’d read the note, read it again, and again, before he finally figured out what the whirlwind of things were.  The Safrin talk, the talk of bringing donuts to the Kuali’i Isles, the talk of Maeve on the back. But first things first – the meeting, something he could absolutely manage to get accomplished given the fact that he knows exactly where to get the donuts, and how to keep it sealed to swim across to the first island.

Thank the gods for fabric and beeswax, honestly.

But he manages it, in a pack that’s also aimed to be waterproof, bringing a few other snacks and a few bottles of water just in case. It’s warm, despite the encroaching monsoon season, and he slips past all of the rest of the Torchers that are setting up in preparation for it, offering polite little conversations before diving into the water and hoping to Frey that his plan works.

For the most part? It does. But by the time he reaches the island and drags his waterlogged self out of it, he looks akin to a drowned rat – red hair plastered to his face and a wet bag dripping with ocean water as he offers a triumphant grin to Aurelia and bounces over the sand to reach her. “Were ya plannin’ on a picnic in Kuali’i? I can think’a so many better ones ‘Relia.” He teases playfully, dumping the bag onto the sand and unceremoniously plopping a seat down to open it up.
tell all my friends i'm asleep if they ask ya
sorry, i had to move to alaska
MILO
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Aurelia
as if you were on fire
from within
She spies him swimming across before he actually reaches the little island, and swivels forward in her seat. So he did get her note. Her smile softens and her eyes brighten as he emerges from the waves and makes his way over, sending showers of water in his wake. Which she barely flinches from.

She scoots over to make some room for him in the sand, smirking at his jest. "Milo, whatever do you mean? This is the best place for a picnic!" Her hands lift to gesture widely around at the island. They soon lower, though, and she turns to face him. She glances down towards the bag as he opens it, but she's not particularly interested in that part yet.

Leaning forward on her knees, she places a hand across the sand to lean into his space, adding a little more seriously, "It's perfect if only because I have you all to myself." At that, she playfully ruffles a patch of wet hair down over his forehead, smiling. She shifts backwards to give him back some of that space, though still leaning toward him. "I see you brought the donuts. Are you prepared to fight to the death over them?"
the moon lives
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
She doesn’t shy away from the water droplets as they splash from him, half debating between shaking his head toward her like a dog to dry off all that much more, but refraining when she smirks at him and he plops down in his seat. “If y’say so.” He rumbles a quiet laugh, a shake of his head as he begins to dive into the bag, preparing to pull out the bag of donuts he’d brought along with the water. But he stops when she leans forward into his space.

His bronze gaze lifts to her, the smirk playing easily on his features while she ruffles his wet hair, before shifting backwards and he huffs out what can only be assumed to be a pout. “Plenty’ve places fer that too y’know.” He half whines before perking up immediately at her words, brows lifting beneath plastered red hair, his head cocking slightly and wondering what in the world she means by that.

It has to be a joke. Obviously.

Mm, mean I suppose I could try to. Told ya I wasn’t a fighter tho, least of all over some donuts.” He teases her, pulling out the bag of donuts and hoisting it in the air and out of her reach with a wicked grin. It managed to make the trek, at least. But what she wanted to do with it? He has no clue.
MILO
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
as if you were on fire
from within
She eagerly catches his gaze with her own. The slight whine in his voice is enough to make her melt but, unfortunately, they're here for a specific reason. And it's not actually that. So instead, she leans back a little and winks, still smiling, "Gotta keep ya guessing."

He's not a fighter, no, and she remembers his sentiments very well. So she's surprised when he gives it an immediate go, holding them up and out of reach. "Oy!" A dialect she's no doubt picked up from none other than him, and the crew, but by now it's begining to sound more natural in her own voice. She barks out a laugh at his display, giving his ear a playful tug.

"Ok, listen, I asked Safrin for a way to protect people... and she wants me to protect something to show that I can, y'know," she raises a brow, thinking back, "I sorta opened up to her and at first she... did not like me, admittedly. But I can't really blame her for that, with.. what I am and the things I've done. I'm just grateful she's giving me a chance," she says affirmatively. Finally, she moves to stand up, placing her hands on her hips as she rounds about to face him and lets out a sigh.

"If there's anyone I'd want to ask for help with this, it's you... we can make things fun. We can think of it like a game, only... serious. If you want to." Her expression lifts hopefully, awaiting his thoughts.
the moon lives
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
She leans back and winks, that gorgeous smile spread across her face, and he yearns for the exact opposite of the words that she says – huffing a pouting sigh as he explains that he definitely isn’t a fighter, and pulls the bag of donuts triumphantly from the bag (not soaking wet and surprisingly fine all things considered), only to bark his laughter out into the air at her surprise. Her laugh accompanies his and he keeps his arm held up high above her while she explains.

It dips a little lower at her explanation – concern crossing his face briefly at the mention of Safrin not liking her at first, but… It sounded like things were okay now? Regardless, she stands and places her hands on her hips and he remains down in the sand, keeping the donuts in his lap now as he squints up at her through the glimmer of sunlight. “So y’need t’protect… The donuts? Or… Are the donuts ‘sposed t’be evil things out t’get me?” He tries to ask, brows furrowing before he’s offering a laugh out again at the amusement of it all.

He moves to stand, clutching the donuts tightly in one hand as he moves over to her, getting in her space to wrap his free arm around her middle. “What if… I try t’get through you t’get to the donuts?” He asks, moving to hand her the bag of donuts with a wicked grin, giving her side a soft squeeze. "Then y'can protect 'em from me."
MILO
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
as if you were on fire
from within
Milo taking all of this information in stride is a welcome relief. Aurelia's chest ripples with a small laugh at his notion of 'evil donuts', wondering what that would look like. "No, I have to protect all of donutkind because they're defenseless and tasty, and everyone wants to eat them," she remarks in earnest, even furrowing her brows slightly, "they're truly vulnerable."

Her eyes narrow from a happy smile that follows him standing up to meet her. A quiet chuckle hums out as he wraps his arm around her and she reaches up to rest her hands against his chest, but then to gladly snatch up the donuts because oh yeah! That's what we're doing.

"Okay, but I'm warning you," she arches her brows, "I won't go easy on you just because you're my boyfriend. Donuts were my first love, and there's just no competing with that." With a grin, she pulls gently away and uses a motion with her hand to direct him to stand at the edge of the island. "You start there..." she makes her way towards the center, placing the bag of donuts gingerly down in the sand.

Turning to take a few long strides towards him, allowing for plenty of space between her and the donuts, she stands guard. With a rather proud confidence, by the way; arms at her hips once more, chin lifted, smirk on her face. She strikes no pose, yet she emanates readiness anyhow. "Gimme your best shot, baby."
the moon lives
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
They are defenseless, huh?” He chimes with a huff of another laugh as he goes to wrap his arm around her. She snatches up the donuts quickly and he’s quick to bend just enough to press a kiss to her temple before she’s pulling away from him. “A’ight, I guess.” He huffs, feigning some amount of annoyance and displeasure with it. But, he holds his hands up in a placating gesture, doing just as she instructed.

He moves to the other end of the island, nearer to the water, where his feet sink into the wet sand.

She seems incredibly confident and Milo chews on the inside of his cheek as he thinks of how best to approach this. A thought occurs, and he peers at her from the distance he’s in, taking one small step forward, before he’s booking it, through one of the edges of the small shrubbery that’s on the bushes, nearer to the middle but not entirely there just yet.

But when he pops out of the shrubbery toward her, he summons a cat to attack at her legs and hopefully provide a distraction while he dives for the donuts.
MILO
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
as if you were on fire
from within
His feigned annoyance earns him a daring, puzzling smirk as she awaits the first move. She'll let him have it, seeing as she's playing the role of defense. She half expects, half wants him to launch himself at her. Not... the bushes. So, with a surprised crack in her confidence, she moves to give chase.

Only, there's a cat he's summoned. "Ah, ya shit!" She scoffs out, half-annoyed at the creature as it bats at her. It's ineffective in a harmful way, but ... she doesn't want to hurt the little thing. She leans down to scoop the cat up, hoping it will not claw her eyes out because she immediately plops it into the ocean waves nearby. Let's hope that's enough to deter it.

"Not-" and let's hope Milo's ready for this, because she's comin, "so-" her arms extend out around his waist "fast!" But the momentum doesn't end there, aiming to throw him completely off balance. Not to hurt him, but... well, it might. A little. Maybe that's what he gets for his little trick.
the moon lives
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
The cat is grabbed and begins to yowl quite unhappily as it’s thrown into the water, and despite its attempts to get out of the sea, it’s ultimately Milo that loses control of the summoning when Aurelia collides with him. The cat disappears and Milo finds himself tripping over his feet from the impact, dropping down immediately to his legs with a loud “oy!

But he doesn’t stop there, because he’s still trying to get at the donuts, right? So he tries to use some of the tricks he’d picked up from trying to evade people in the Fingers while doing his runs, and he immediately turns to latch onto her legs and tug her down into the sand with him, hoping to throw her off balance just as much as she’d thrown him.
MILO
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
as if you were on fire
from within
She's unable to notice the cat disappear, but to her it might as well have anyway. Her focus is solely on Milo, on throttling him into the sand. At first, she feels a victorious puff of air fill her chest, but then - she shouldn't have let her guard down.

In the back of her mind part of her is actually proud of him for the move he pulls, showing some amount of experience, she'd say. "Uhf!" She lands on the ground and all the air in her lungs leaves her, winded.

It's not an instinctual reaction, her next act against him, but regardless she thinks it will work. After all, her task isn't to hurt but protect. So she snatches up his arms by the wrists in and hurls her body over his, aiming to pin him into the sand with a huff.

"Give up yet?" She asks.

There's something funny about this situation, as if they've been here once before, as if she's asked him these exact same words.
the moon lives
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
It fucking works, and Milo can’t help but to snicker loudly as she lands into the ground and the air leaves her lungs. There’s a bit of sand that flies through the air as he tries to scramble to his feet again to get to the donuts, but as he places his arms down and his feet miss their traction, she’s already turning on him, latching onto his wrists and flings herself at him to pin him down. “Fuck.” He manages.

He peers up at her and barks out another laugh before his grin turns wicked and he shakes his head vigorously no, before he’s twisting in her grip, trying to throw his weight into his hips and his arms to lessen her hold once more, hoping to twist them in such a way that she loses a bit of grip on his wrist. If she does and he manages to get his wrist out from the grip, he’ll immediately use it to try and tickle at her side.
MILO
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
as if you were on fire
from within
He shakes his head with a laugh and she can't help but smile down at him from her vantage point. She plants her knees firmly around his waist, anchoring herself to him in preparation. She goes to tell him something snarky when suddenly he's jostling beneath her.

At first, her grip is stubborn and she rides the wave, giggling at his struggle, but his skin is still damp from the swim. Her fingers eventually slip in such a way that makes it so his plan can come to fruition.

Only, he intends to tickle her, which she's not at all prepared for. And, well, let's just say Aurelia didn't know just how ticklish she is. Her strength and determination give way to bouts of uncontrollable laughter and an involuntary, desperate frenzy to get away. Elbows, hands, knee jerk reactions come flying at him.

"NO! Sto-o-p!" She cries in protest when she gets a second to actually breathe, but her advantage is completely, hopelessly lost.
the moon lives
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
He can tell she’s about ready to say something, but he begins to jostle and wiggle beneath her, hoping to throw her just enough off balance to loosen the hands around his wrists. And it works, due to sheer dumb luck, that one hand slips out of the hold she has, and that hand dives straight for her side, tickling her in the hopes of getting her to lessen up on the pressure. What he doesn’t intend for is for her to start thrashing. “Oy, fuckin’ shit!” He barks a laugh, continuing his attack to try and distract her all that much more.

Milo snickers under the attack, hands leaving her immediately when he has a chance to try and block the elbows and hands that come flying at him trying to push him away – though he can’t really get anywhere except for deeper into the sand – and that’s where he goes, with a mouthful of sand as well. He aims to use the distraction he’s caused with her breathing and the advantage given to him by wiggling out from underneath her to try and pull himself up again to reach the donuts.
MILO